West Ham V Arsenal | Premier League 06/10/2012

Re: West Ham V Arsenal | Premier League 06/10/2012

Postby Dejan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:34 am

Massa wrote:
Dejan wrote:No he can't be effective as a starter since we saw that last season.

apart from being our second highest goalscorer and second highest assister

oh wait assists dont count :angry:

If you cannot see how f***ing shite he was in 80% of the matches then you need a new pair of glasses. He got his assists and goals in the 20% he turned up. He was basically as inconsistent as Arshavin.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:38 am

Zedie wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Zedie wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Zedie wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Pudpop wrote:- Podolski's cross (yeah, assists are a useless stat)

Proving once again that you should have paid more attention in English class. This match proves exactly how useless a stat they are. The assists stats will say that Theo was just as good at creating as Podolski and better at it than Cazorla. You don't seriously think that do you?

So by your logic, a player that scores 40 unattractive tap ins is less valuable than a player that scores 20 bangers?

You dont seriously think that do you?

Equating goals to assists... I thought someone might be stupid enough to equate the two.
Someone can put the ball on a platter for a striker, and if they miss the shot, they don't get the assist (ie Cazorla's pass to Giroud today). Someone can pass to a player a fair way out from goals and they pull out an amazing shot, and the first player gets an assist (ie Walcott to Cazorla).
In the long run, what do you think is going to produce the most goals? The guy creating great chances for his team mates, or the guy passing to someone 30 yards out and hoping he can blast it in?

The guy who makes the most passes to the goal scorer. :rofll:

Spose next you'll be trying to convince everyone that penalties dont count because their easier than scoring in open play.

As I suspected, you didn't understand a simple point and you're attacking a straw man. By your definition, you're ignorant. :lol:

Sigh.

Classic bearcum. Get your question answered then revert to attempting to belittle someone because you feel like you've been one upped.

In the long run, what do you think is going to produce the most goals? The guy creating great chances for his team mates, or the guy passing to someone 30 yards out and hoping he can blast it in?

What i did there was answer your question in LITERAL terms. To break it down so you can understand your own question a bit more:

The person who hits the most passes to goalscorers will inevitably produce the most goals. ie regardless if its a simple pass or a defence splitting pass. Ive noticed that you're not as upfront in trumpeting your mathematics skills as much as your apparent English language skills, now i know why.

When defining Girouds pass to Walcott for his goal, technically it was 30 yards out and speculative because Giroud didnt know if he was going to fluff it. A simpler pass, but more effective because it gave Walcott (who gave himself time with that perfectly timed run) time and space to pick his spot and go for it.

Call me crazy, but id rather take that pass, creating that situation over the Cazorla slide rule pass into Giroud, leaving him hardly any space to finish (although he could have dinked). I know whats going to produce the most goals.

Maybe your poor use of the English language contributed to you not getting your point across coherently. A bit embarrassing considering you've appointed yourself the forum's English language proffessor and examiner.

The fact that you cannot grasp the simple yet inherent premise that goals and assists, no matter how scrappy or beautiful, are integral to the game and playing it confirms your ignorance of the game.

ie You lack knowledge of football.

Plain ignant (A translation for our American cousins).

You seem to be extremely insecure about your intelligence... it's actually getting pretty funny how hard you're trying.
You think passing to a guy one on one with the keeper is going to create less goals than passing to a guy 30 yards out with at least one defender and a keeper to beat?
There is nothing else to say here, it's very obvious you rarely watch football and have never played it before.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:03 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Zedie wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Zedie wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Zedie wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:

Proving once again that you should have paid more attention in English class. This match proves exactly how useless a stat they are. The assists stats will say that Theo was just as good at creating as Podolski and better at it than Cazorla. You don't seriously think that do you?

So by your logic, a player that scores 40 unattractive tap ins is less valuable than a player that scores 20 bangers?

Equating goals to assists... I thought someone might be stupid enough to equate the two.
Someone can put the ball on a platter for a striker, and if they miss the shot, they don't get the assist (ie Cazorla's pass to Giroud today). Someone can pass to a player a fair way out from goals and they pull out an amazing shot, and the first player gets an assist (ie Walcott to Cazorla).

The guy who makes the most passes to the goal scorer. :rofll:

Spose next you'll be trying to convince everyone that penalties dont count because their easier than scoring in open play.

As I suspected, you didn't understand a simple point and you're attacking a straw man. By your definition, you're ignorant. :lol:

Sigh.

Classic bearcum. Get your question answered then revert to attempting to belittle someone because you feel like you've been one upped.

What i did there was answer your question in LITERAL terms. To break it down so you can understand your own question a bit more:

The person who hits the most passes to goalscorers will inevitably produce the most goals. ie regardless if its a simple pass or a defence splitting pass. Ive noticed that you're not as upfront in trumpeting your mathematics skills as much as your apparent English language skills, now i know why.

When defining Girouds pass to Walcott for his goal, technically it was 30 yards out and speculative because Giroud didnt know if he was going to fluff it. A simpler pass, but more effective because it gave Walcott (who gave himself time with that perfectly timed run) time and space to pick his spot and go for it.

Call me crazy, but id rather take that pass, creating that situation over the Cazorla slide rule pass into Giroud, leaving him hardly any space to finish (although he could have dinked). I know whats going to produce the most goals.

Maybe your poor use of the English language contributed to you not getting your point across coherently. A bit embarrassing considering you've appointed yourself the forum's English language proffessor and examiner.

The fact that you cannot grasp the simple yet inherent premise that goals and assists, no matter how scrappy or beautiful, are integral to the game and playing it confirms your ignorance of the game.

ie You lack knowledge of football.

Plain ignant (A translation for our American cousins).

You seem to be extremely insecure about your intelligence... it's actually getting pretty funny how hard you're trying.
You think passing to a guy one on one with the keeper is going to create less goals than passing to a guy 30 yards out with at least one defender and a keeper to beat?
There is nothing else to say here, it's very obvious you rarely watch football and have never played it before.

I've got no issues with my intelligence levels. You dont see me trying to belittle people on these boards anytime they are challenged, thats defo your thing and its becoming quite a trend.

If you think that Girouds chance from Cazorlas slide rule pass was a simpler chance to finish than Walcotts 1 on 1 against the keeper for the goal, then fair play, you wou are clearly the kind of bloke that could manage an argument alone, i in a broken phone box.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Zedie wrote:I've got no issues with my intelligence levels. You dont see me trying to belittle people on these boards anytime they are challenged, thats defo your thing and its becoming quite a trend.

If you think that Girouds chance from Cazorlas slide rule pass was a simpler chance to finish than Walcotts 1 on 1 against the keeper for the goal, then fair play, you wou are clearly the kind of bloke that could manage an argument alone, i in a broken phone box.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL! I'll let you take a few seconds to think about that one...

Why on earth is Walcott's goal even slightly relevant to your point? If anything, it detracts from it, as Giroud hit a quality, difficult pass to Walcott while Walcott hit a very simple pass to Cazorla, yet the stats say they were both as creative as each other. And please try to take more care with your typing. Try to calm down before posting, you're borderline incoherent at the moment.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zenith » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:27 pm

give it a rest lol
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:39 pm

Zenith wrote:give it a rest lol

If I remember correctly, you're the one who started all this by bringing up assists :lol:
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:52 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Zedie wrote:I've got no issues with my intelligence levels. You dont see me trying to belittle people on these boards anytime they are challenged, thats defo your thing and its becoming quite a trend.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL! I'll let you take a few seconds to think about that one...

Why on earth is Walcott's goal even slightly relevant to your point? If anything, it detracts from it, as Giroud hit a quality, difficult pass to Walcott while Walcott hit a very simple pass to Cazorla, yet the stats say they were both as creative as each other. And please try to take more care with your typing. Try to calm down before posting, you're borderline incoherent at the moment.

quote="ThereIsBearCum"]

Proving once again that you should have paid more attention in English class. This match proves exactly how useless a stat they are. The assists stats will say that Theo was just as good at creating as Podolski and better at it than Cazorla. You don't seriously think that do you?[/quote]

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Zedie wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:

No, I don't. Firstly, why should I pay more attention in English class? It just confused me when I read that :dontknow:

You have a good point in saying that the stats show Cazorla as less creative or whatever, but the stats show that they have assists. If you go and WATCH those assists, and then subsequently watch the key passes of the game, then you'll see exactly what is the case. In terms of the original argument about Giroud's assists and link-up play, if you actually watch all 4 of his assists, then saying his link-up play is poor is just stupid and ignorant.

And by the way, I was just pulling your leg with that statement ;)

Cant be arsed to go to other threads atm, but no doubt, you'll be flapping about how i need to bring more evidence to show how you respond to simple questions with bullshit relating to intelligence levels. But im the one with the intelligence complex? :doh:

Regarding Girouds pass, do you honestly believe that no one else bar Cazorla (who i assume you would rightly believe to be our most accomplished passer) could make that pass? Your really coming across as desperately trying to make more of the difficulty of the pass than the reality of it.

Incoherent? Probably to a guy who blindly refuses to acknowledge arguments backed up with evidence that go against his opinion.

We could do this all day.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Popey » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:59 pm

I like our "old" yellow away kit. can we still buy this kit? I can't find it online on the arsenal site...

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Lol @ you taking hugely out of context quotes and passing it off as "evidence".

As always, attacking a straw man because you don't have anything to refute the points I've made. If you care to take a second stab at it (be sure to take care when reading my previous post and replying, you seem to have difficulty with that) I'll be happy to respond to that.

What evidence? Where? You haven't provided any that actually backs up any of your points.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Popey wrote:I like our "old" yellow away kit. can we still buy this kit? I can't find it online on the arsenal site...

It would be on ebay somewhere
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:11 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:Lol @ you taking hugely out of context quotes and passing it off as "evidence".

As always, attacking a straw man because you don't have anything to refute the points I've made. If you care to take a second stab at it (be sure to take care when reading my previous post and replying, you seem to have difficulty with that) I'll be happy to respond to that.

What evidence? Where? You haven't provided any that actually backs up any of your points.

Its in text and has been collected for you in the above post for you to respond to. Maybe i need to present it in transcript form:

Pudpop: Podolski's cross (yeah, assists are a useless stat)

Thereisbearcum: Proving once again that you should have paid more attention in English class.

Followed by:

Zedie: So by your logic, a player that scores 40 unattractive tap ins is less valuable than a player that scores 20 bangers? You dont seriously think that do you?

Thereisbearcum: Equating goals to assists... I thought someone might be stupid enough to equate the two.

People question your logic and you come back with insults based on intelligence. Something i thought i had put quite plainly when i said:

I've got no issues with my intelligence levels. You dont see me trying to belittle people on these boards anytime they are challenged, thats defo your thing and its becoming quite a trend.

Care to respond?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:21 pm

You think all the context you need is in this thread? LOOOOOOOOOOL
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:23 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:You think all the context you need is in this thread? LOOOOOOOOOOL

So your not going to answer then? :biggrin:
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby prolific » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:46 pm

Decent win in the end but our old ways of going down after pee'ing about going forward is worrying. Good to see Giroud score and make a presence of himself. Arteta has the most passes or something yet he's really nervy to watch unlike before.. strange. Anyway good 3pts at Upton Park, disgraceful chants from the home fans but hey ho on we go.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:17 pm

What were they chanting? Couldnt really hear to clearly on the stream i watched and i dont think anything was mentioned on motd
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13