Re: West Ham V Arsenal | Premier League 06/10/2012

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:57 pm

PLAYER RATINGS THREAD
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby prolific » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:25 pm

Zedie wrote:What were they chanting? Couldnt really hear to clearly on the stream i watched and i dont think anything was mentioned on motd

this...

GSK_AFC wrote:They were calling Wenger a pedophile

"Sit down you Paedophile" and "French Jimmy Saville"

I'm not really surprised it didn't get mentioned on MOTD seeing as Jimmy Saville is linked to the Beeb. They didn't even show David Luiz's dive which got him a booking last week all the while showing other dives.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:02 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:PLAYER RATINGS THREAD

what about it lol
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby T.Jonker » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Was once again, a great match to watch. Really enjoyed Cazorla and Giroud! Happy Mertesacker is back too, he's a beast.
T.Jonker
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:08 pm

Merts looked like he was limping towards the end, I think it was something to do with that last ditch tackle on Nolan (which was epic btw).

Hopefully, he's alright after the international break, same with Gibbs.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby T.Jonker » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Zedie wrote:Merts looked like he was limping towards the end, I think it was something to do with that last ditch tackle on Nolan (which was epic btw).

Hopefully, he's alright after the international break, same with Gibbs.

Yeah noticed that too, wondered why he didn't get subbed. I think Wenger should really be careful with the players, we can't afford to get another starter injured.
T.Jonker
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby gzagee » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:20 pm

Thought PM was very effective in snuffing out Carroll in the 2nd half. I got the feeling Bouldy swapped him and TV round at half time and it started to work. Carroll became gradually less effective as the game wore on.
I thought Arteta and Podolski once again put in big defensive shifts as per last week.
Watching the game on tv or online you don't see the off the ball work the players do. I think it's no coincidence a part of Gibbs' improvement is down to Podolski's diligence.
Arteta in particular is very diligent in tracking back. I was surprised he only got 4-5/10 in the GW player ratings thread vs Chelsea.
Although Ramsey has quality I think it'll take some time before he understands the role of CM in our team. It is a shared responsibility to get back and track your man. Too often I noticed him ambling back letting his man run off the back of him.
Some will laugh but, whilst Wilshere & Rosicky aren't available Diaby is very important in the middle. He has built an understanding with Arteta.
Jenks and Gibbs continue to prove me right :) and despite the fact they will make mistakes this term they are both definitely on an upward curve.

I don't have the solution or clear suggestion for the Gervinho vs Walcott debate.
Both have qualities the other lacks. That seems to be something what a lot of folk seem to overlook.

Very happy Giroud scored. He's got the monkey off his back. The goal he scored really put an apostrophe on his link up play. Again that side of his game is too readily underestimated by Gooners.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:53 pm

A quote from ESPN about Arteta, which is spot on.

Once again Mikel Arteta was outstanding as Arsenal's midfield pivot, completing 106 of 111 passes and making all five of his tackles successfully. His evolution into the perfect modern midfield anchor continues apace and his impact on this Arsenal team is hugely positive.

© http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/nam ... 36?cc=5901

I was never a huge fan of him being our creative CM or CAM. So him finding himself as our outlet from the back playing deeper in midfield has been great, and he's been excellent in that role.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:09 am

ChVint22 wrote:A quote from ESPN about Arteta, which is spot on.

Once again Mikel Arteta was outstanding as Arsenal's midfield pivot, completing 106 of 111 passes and making all five of his tackles successfully. His evolution into the perfect modern midfield anchor continues apace and his impact on this Arsenal team is hugely positive.

© http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/nam ... 36?cc=5901

I was never a huge fan of him being our creative CM or CAM. So him finding himself as our outlet from the back playing deeper in midfield has been great, and he's been excellent in that role.

:hail: :hail: :hail:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Angelito » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:33 am

Mikel Arteta--Arsenal's Hero since 2011.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Doll-ski » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:47 pm

prolific wrote:
Zedie wrote:What were they chanting? Couldnt really hear to clearly on the stream i watched and i dont think anything was mentioned on motd

this...

I'm not really surprised it didn't get mentioned on MOTD seeing as Jimmy Saville is linked to the Beeb. They didn't even show David Luiz's dive which got him a booking last week all the while showing other dives.

I know it should`nt, as its about AW,,but it did make me chuckle. Them cheeky cockerkneeeezz :hiding:
Doll-ski

Postby GSK_AFC » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:26 pm

Doll-ski wrote:
prolific wrote:

this...

I know it should`nt, as its about AW,,but it did make me chuckle. Them cheeky cockerkneeeezz :hiding:

Wait a minute. Aren't you the one who is doing a social work exam or something like that? It's not even a laughing matter.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Doll-ski wrote:
prolific wrote:

this...

So you're happy to slam people about making rape jokes, but not about paedophilia ones? Hypocrite.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:28 am

arteta is the best panic buy in history
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13