Arsenal V Olympiacos | Champions League 03/10/2012

Re: Arsenal V Olympiacos | Champions League 03/10/2012

Postby friedslice » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:04 am

We look a different team with quality players consistently on form and having an influence, the trio of Podolski/Gervinho/Santi is causing defences all sorts of problems, it's an injection of quality we didn't have last season. Gervinho looks much improved, I backed him throughout last season glad he's starting to really show his talent. Santi and Podolski are clear world class additions.
The defence continues to look well organised, arteta runs the centre of the park very well and I think Ramsey has looked very good in the games he's come on this season. Glad giroud got an assist too.

mannone is f***ing abysmal though.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:30 am

Only just seen the highlights... Gervinho looked absolutely phenomenal
And which celebrity died?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fran Solo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:02 am

Which celebrity? Sorry, Mate. I got lost.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby yosifun » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:27 am

I only watched the second half and highlights after but these are things I got from this game:
1) Mannone was decent, was assuring to see a keeper who clears the ball properly..
2) The fullbacks are in excellent form, Gibbs has good chemistry with Podolski and Jenkinson is showing why Wenger has brought him last season.
3) Another game Kos started ahead of Mert, another game we conceded.. can't really explain it but the Verm+Mert partnership looked better so far this season, plus Mert gives us so much in set pieces in both ends of the field.
4) Midfield was decent, Cazorla brilliant as usual, can't wait to see Wilshere there too!
5) I like it when Poldi is fighting for every ball, good mentality and a classic number 9 finish on the goal.
6) Gervinho is in great form, IMO our best creative player after Cazorla. The dude constantly wrecks havoc in the opponent's defence, esspecially when coming from the left wing to the center where Poldi/Giroud are waiting.
7) Giroud didn't score, but he had good chances which didn't go in mostly due to luck. He had a great assist, acting as a tower and using his height. He will come good, I just wish next time he gets a chance to link up with Gervinho.

All in all 3 point to the tally, hopefully next match we will look even better.
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:00 am

Fran Solo wrote:Which celebrity? Sorry, Mate. I got lost.

A celebrity dies just about every time Ramsey scores.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:01 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:Which celebrity? Sorry, Mate. I got lost.

A celebrity dies just about every time Ramsey scores.

No they don't.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:06 am

Kyle? wrote:
Dejan wrote:Gervinho and Jenks were good.
Arteta, Cazorla and the ox were poor. Arteta and Cazorla obvious should of been rested.

I disagree about Arteta. Someone on twitter posted his stats for tonight, they were pretty impressive. 95% completion from a ton of passes, 4 tackles, 2 blocks and an assist.

Denilson was getting those kinds of figures for us too. Stats tell you very little.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:47 am

We were quite poor in the first half. Mis-placed passes galore. Verminators shocking errors. I am beginning to lose confidence in Mannone again. Ox is struggling to get going. In the 2nd half we picked up and did what we had to do. When it showed AW in the stand i could not believe some people were eating and not watching the match. Guessing there are tvs inside. But ffs there is me desperate to afford to watch a few home games and a few who can go do not care. Corporates tut-tut.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooner_7890 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:52 am

It wasn't a great performance last night but i'm really pleased with the result.

Gervinho, Gibbs & Jenkinson were impressive and Ramsey took his goal really well after coming off the bench.

Vermaelen needs to stop bombing forward when we're protecting a lead, his cavalier attitude could've cost us.
gooner_7890
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:56 am

Re Verminator. I agree. He ended up in the back of their net. Cannot go bombing forward like that. Our defence is starting to go back to what it was like last season as it is. Bouldy will sort it.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:34 am

Lots of praise for Gervinho but I don't think he had a particularly good game. He scored, yes. Albeit because of awful goalkeeping. But he spent most of the rest of the game being pretty ineffective and frustrating. I can't remember a CL group game at home when we have created so little and had so few shots on goal before.

He was offside for a large portion of the first half, kept getting called for dopey fouls (although that was mainly the ref being a t**t) and IMO we looked like a much more balanced team when we put a proper CF up front.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:38 am

Gervinho bugs me a bit. I am sure he will have been caught offside more than anybody else. He tries to beat players when he could just put it in. But eh his other stats look good.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:54 am

CynicalGooner wrote:Lots of praise for Gervinho but I don't think he had a particularly good game. He scored, yes. Albeit because of awful goalkeeping. But he spent most of the rest of the game being pretty ineffective and frustrating. I can't remember a CL group game at home when we have created so little and had so few shots on goal before.

He was offside for a large portion of the first half, kept getting called for dopey fouls (although that was mainly the ref being a t**t) and IMO we looked like a much more balanced team when we put a proper CF up front.

He was average first half but very good 2nd half. He would of gotten another assist if Cazorla didnt miss that pretty easy chance.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:21 pm

Didn't play our cleanest game ever, but 3 pts at home was needed. Good win!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Swan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:23 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:Only just seen the highlights... Gervinho looked absolutely phenomenal
And which celebrity died?

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll: or was there an earthquake some place in the world right
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13