Arsenal V Chelsea | Premiership 29/09/2012

Re: Arsenal V Chelsea | Premiership 29/09/2012

Postby Pudpop » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Leody wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Pudpop wrote:I'm just pissed that BearCum is giving up on a player that's only started 2 games. I'm sure last year you were as supportive as Gervinho as you are this year right? Because last year I kept telling doubters that Gervinho can score goals, the same way I'm telling people Giroud can score.

I'm giving up on him because I haven't seen anything that suggests he could be a decent premier league striker. "He's only had 2 starts" isn't an argument. His work rate has been poor, his link up play has been poor, his aerial ability has been poor, his hold up play has been poor, his attitude has been poor and the less said about his finishing the better. Much of that has nothing to do with adjusting to a new league. Now that's an argument.

I think he is :doh:
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Do you have any kind of response, or can't you back up your point?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pudpop » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:46 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Pudpop wrote:I'm just pissed that BearCum is giving up on a player that's only started 2 games. I'm sure last year you were as supportive as Gervinho as you are this year right? Because last year I kept telling doubters that Gervinho can score goals, the same way I'm telling people Giroud can score.

I'm giving up on him because I haven't seen anything that suggests he could be a decent premier league striker. "He's only had 2 starts" isn't an argument. His work rate has been poor, his link up play has been poor, his aerial ability has been poor, his hold up play has been poor, his attitude has been poor and the less said about his finishing the better. Much of that has nothing to do with adjusting to a new league. Now that's an argument.

"his link up play has been poor" He has 2 assists so far this season (that I know of) and his play is VISIBLY good.
"his aerial ability has been poor" Only 2 players in the history of the Champion's League won more aerial battles in one match than he did against MP. Not to mention the impact he has had on many games when coming on at half time, and giving us the extra dimension of the long ball and playing it well.
"his hold up play has been poor" No it hasn't
"his attitude has been poor" ? This generally confuses me. IMO his attitude's been better than Podolski's, considering his celebrations when other players in the team scores (not to say Podolski's is bad)
"His work rate has been poor" It is at LEAST twice as good as Judas' was last year.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:52 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:Do you have any kind of response, or can't you back up your point?

You're so far off the mark on your assessment of him, you're clearly beyond reason. Everything you said he was poor at is the polar opposite of the truth.

That's my response. :dontknow:

You're so wrong about him it's pointless to even try to argue the point...
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:55 pm

Jay22 wrote:Don't think you can fault his work rate. Not sure what he has done which shows a poor attitude either, and his link up play looks decent as well? :dontknow:

Yup he is always looking to get involved. He will never be a 30 goals/season striker but he offers something which we have been lacking in recent times which is aerial ability and physical presence. He has got himself in to good positions and only the finishing has eluded him so far.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:02 pm

Pudpop wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:

"his link up play has been poor" He has 2 assists so far this season (that I know of) and his play is VISIBLY good.
"his aerial ability has been poor" Only 2 players in the history of the Champion's League won more aerial battles in one match than he did against MP. Not to mention the impact he has had on many games when coming on at half time, and giving us the extra dimension of the long ball and playing it well.
"his attitude has been poor" ? This generally confuses me. IMO his attitude's been better than Podolski's, considering his celebrations when other players in the team scores (not to say Podolski's is bad)
"His work rate has been poor" It is at LEAST twice as good as Judas' was last year.

Assists are a worthless stat. They don't tell you anything about a player's link up play.
One game against defenders that he towers over? So he bloody well should be winning headers there. Where was that against Stoke, Sunderland, Liverpool, Southampton, City or Chelsea?
Yes it has.
Celebrations are not attitude. He's been stropping around and whingeing when stuff doesn't go to him.
I remember RVP chasing defenders (it got us the win at Stamford Bridge) and making run after run last season... Giroud barely breaks into a jog when closing down and is lucky to make 5 runs a game.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Sorry we've been lacking what now?

Chamakh's finishing eludes him in every game but his work rate and aerial presence are always there, it doesn't mean he is good enough.

He was a f***ing disgraceful replacement for Van Persie who has so far averaged a goal a game for Man Utd, he was and is only fit to be an off the bench rotation option.

He will be judged in Van Persie's shoes because he was a replacement for the man himself, something which was laughed off when i said it nearly 3 months ago.

He looks "decent" but decent isn't good enough to replace a player who is the best striker in the world at the moment.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Kyle? » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:05 pm

His movement is good, link up play not too shabby, and i'm unsure of attitude issues, to me, he looks like he works for the team.

I suppose TIBC is right when it comes to his finishing however. It doesn't matter how good your attributes are if you can't score, there is simply no need for a striker who cannot score, as we saw with Chamakh.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Pudpop » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:09 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:

Assists are a worthless stat. They don't tell you anything about a player's link up play.
One game against defenders that he towers over? So he bloody well should be winning headers there. Where was that against Stoke, Sunderland, Liverpool, Southampton, City or Chelsea?
Yes it has.
Celebrations are not attitude. He's been stropping around and whingeing when stuff doesn't go to him.
I remember RVP chasing defenders (it got us the win at Stamford Bridge) and making run after run last season... Giroud barely breaks into a jog when closing down and is lucky to make 5 runs a game.

*Worthless stat? :lol: If you think that anyway why don't you just go back and watch the games he's played in.
*Yanga-Mbiwa might be short but anyone will agree with me when I say that winning any headers against him (who marked Giroud for the majority of the game) is not easy. He didn't start against Sunderland, City, Soton or Chelsea. Losing headers against Stoke is acceptable, and please go show me the evidence where he was bad in the air against Liverpool.
*Fine, your opinion.
*You're the only one so far that thinks that, so I'm not going to bother giving evidence otherwise as others have done it already.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:11 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Sorry we've been lacking what now?

Chamakh's finishing eludes him in every game but his work rate and aerial presence are always there, it doesn't mean he is good enough.

He was a f***ing disgraceful replacement for Van Persie who has so far averaged a goal a game for Man Utd, he was and is only fit to be an off the bench rotation option.

He will be judged in Van Persie's shoes because he was a replacement for the man himself, something which was laughed off when i said it nearly 3 months ago.

He looks "decent" but decent isn't good enough to replace a player who is the best striker in the world at the moment.

I think that is a different argument to the one above though. Saying he's complete crap and not good enough for Arsenal and giving up on him already is different than arguing whether he's a adequate replacement for RvP, I don't think anybody believes that.

So far from what I've seen of him, he'd make an ok 2nd and a good 3rd choice striker assuming your team only plays one at a time. But we do NEED better than him.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Pudpop » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:15 pm

I don't think anyone's ever said that he's good enough to replace RvP, which he isn't.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GSK_AFC » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:18 pm

We won't get anyone who is good enough to replace RVP without spending top dollar. (Cue Wenger Out Brigade :rolleyes: )
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Kyle? » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:18 pm

I think the only strikers in the world good enough to replace RvJudas are Sergio Aguero and Radamel Falcao.

No matter who we signed, some would call it a cheap option, even if it was someone very good like Llorente.

Giroud isn't at Van Persie's level, it's our job to use our better midfield to make Giroud score an adequate number. At least we now have more than 1 scoring option.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:21 pm

I just think we need someone that is better than Giroud if we're serious about winning, but I ain't giving up on him. Like I said, he's a good option.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Kyle? » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:23 pm

ChVint22 wrote:I just think we need someone that is better than Giroud if we're serious about winning, but I ain't giving up on him. Like I said, he's a good option.

Any realistic suggestions for January?
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee