Arsenal V Chelsea | Premiership 29/09/2012

Re: Arsenal V Chelsea | Premiership 29/09/2012

Postby Pudpop » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:24 pm

ChVint22 wrote:I just think we need someone that is better than Giroud if we're serious about winning, but I ain't giving up on him. Like I said, he's a good option.

That's my opinion as well. It just frustrates me when people give up on players who don't deserve it.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Pudpop wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Pudpop wrote:I'm just pissed that BearCum is giving up on a player that's only started 2 games. I'm sure last year you were as supportive as Gervinho as you are this year right? Because last year I kept telling doubters that Gervinho can score goals, the same way I'm telling people Giroud can score.

I'm giving up on him because I haven't seen anything that suggests he could be a decent premier league striker. "He's only had 2 starts" isn't an argument. His work rate has been poor, his link up play has been poor, his aerial ability has been poor, his hold up play has been poor, his attitude has been poor and the less said about his finishing the better. Much of that has nothing to do with adjusting to a new league. Now that's an argument.

"his link up play has been poor" He has 2 assists so far this season (that I know of) and his play is VISIBLY good.
"his aerial ability has been poor" Only 2 players in the history of the Champion's League won more aerial battles in one match than he did against MP. Not to mention the impact he has had on many games when coming on at half time, and giving us the extra dimension of the long ball and playing it well.
"his hold up play has been poor" No it hasn't
"his attitude has been poor" ? This generally confuses me. IMO his attitude's been better than Podolski's, considering his celebrations when other players in the team scores (not to say Podolski's is bad)
"His work rate has been poor" It is at LEAST twice as good as Judas' was last year.

Assists are a worthless stat. They don't tell you anything about a player's link up play.
One game against defenders that he towers over? So he bloody well should be winning headers there. Where was that against Stoke, Sunderland, Liverpool, Southampton, City or Chelsea?
Yes it has.
Celebrations are not attitude. He's been stropping around and whingeing when stuff doesn't go to him.
I remember RVP chasing defenders (it got us the win at Stamford Bridge) and making run after run last season... Giroud barely breaks into a jog when closing down and is lucky to make 5 runs a game.

*Worthless stat? :lol: If you think that anyway why don't you just go back and watch the games he's played in.
*Yanga-Mbiwa might be short but anyone will agree with me when I say that winning any headers against him (who marked Giroud for the majority of the game) is not easy. He didn't start against Sunderland, City, Soton or Chelsea. Losing headers against Stoke is acceptable, and please go show me the evidence where he was bad in the air against Liverpool.
*Fine, your opinion.
*You're the only one so far that thinks that, so I'm not going to bother giving evidence otherwise as others have done it already.

Of course it's a worthless stat. An assist says nothing about the quality of the pass. You can pass it to a guy in your own half and if he dribbles through the entire opposition and scores, you've got yourself an assist, and you're a superstar, right?
Watch the game and it'll be obvious. Agger and Skrtel had him well and truly covered.
Look at some of the matchday threads if you think I'm the only one that thinks that.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pudpop » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:27 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Pudpop wrote:I'm just pissed that BearCum is giving up on a player that's only started 2 games. I'm sure last year you were as supportive as Gervinho as you are this year right? Because last year I kept telling doubters that Gervinho can score goals, the same way I'm telling people Giroud can score.

I'm giving up on him because I haven't seen anything that suggests he could be a decent premier league striker. "He's only had 2 starts" isn't an argument. His work rate has been poor, his link up play has been poor, his aerial ability has been poor, his hold up play has been poor, his attitude has been poor and the less said about his finishing the better. Much of that has nothing to do with adjusting to a new league. Now that's an argument.

"his link up play has been poor" He has 2 assists so far this season (that I know of) and his play is VISIBLY good.
"his aerial ability has been poor" Only 2 players in the history of the Champion's League won more aerial battles in one match than he did against MP. Not to mention the impact he has had on many games when coming on at half time, and giving us the extra dimension of the long ball and playing it well.
"his hold up play has been poor" No it hasn't
"his attitude has been poor" ? This generally confuses me. IMO his attitude's been better than Podolski's, considering his celebrations when other players in the team scores (not to say Podolski's is bad)
"His work rate has been poor" It is at LEAST twice as good as Judas' was last year.

Assists are a worthless stat. They don't tell you anything about a player's link up play.
One game against defenders that he towers over? So he bloody well should be winning headers there. Where was that against Stoke, Sunderland, Liverpool, Southampton, City or Chelsea?
Yes it has.
Celebrations are not attitude. He's been stropping around and whingeing when stuff doesn't go to him.
I remember RVP chasing defenders (it got us the win at Stamford Bridge) and making run after run last season... Giroud barely breaks into a jog when closing down and is lucky to make 5 runs a game.

*Worthless stat? :lol: If you think that anyway why don't you just go back and watch the games he's played in.
*Yanga-Mbiwa might be short but anyone will agree with me when I say that winning any headers against him (who marked Giroud for the majority of the game) is not easy. He didn't start against Sunderland, City, Soton or Chelsea. Losing headers against Stoke is acceptable, and please go show me the evidence where he was bad in the air against Liverpool.
*Fine, your opinion.
*You're the only one so far that thinks that, so I'm not going to bother giving evidence otherwise as others have done it already.

Of course it's a worthless stat. An assist says nothing about the quality of the pass. You can pass it to a guy in your own half and if he dribbles through the entire opposition and scores, you've got yourself an assist, and you're a superstar, right?
Watch the game and it'll be obvious. Agger and Skrtel had him well and truly covered.
Look at some of the matchday threads if you think I'm the only one that thinks that.

Just watch his assists and tell me it isn't good link-up play
Fine. I'll take your word for it, but in my opinion that's only 1 thing out of the 5/6 that you mentioned that actually says he's not playing well except for his finishing.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GSK_AFC » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:27 pm

Kyle? wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:I just think we need someone that is better than Giroud if we're serious about winning, but I ain't giving up on him. Like I said, he's a good option.

Any realistic suggestions for January?

Ba or Llorente
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:29 pm

Darren Bent
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby GSK_AFC » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:30 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Darren Bent

I was going to say him but they would want over £15 M for him.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Pudpop » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:31 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:

Give Theo/Chamakh as a swap deal :dontknow:
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Kyle? » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Good shout, forgot he even existed.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zenith » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Pudpop wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:

Give Theo/Chamakh as a swap deal :dontknow:

I doubt Theo wants to go to Villa tbh :lol:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:41 pm

Thierry Henry
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Kyle? wrote:

Any realistic suggestions for January?

Boy! That's a loaded question.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Henry isn't good enough either.

If we wanted to go for a big striker then Llorente should have been the only option, if we wanted a striker who is pretty much a like for like replacement for Van Persie we should have signed Jovetic and he we wanted to completely go in the opposite direction and get a Drogba type player we should have gone for Ba when he was £7m, regardless of whether his knees might give out.

All affordable and all better than Giroud. Now i am not saying Giroud has been completely useless, i have been willing so much for him to step up, i actually feel very sorry for him, because he never should have been bought to fill the gap left by a player who is hard to replace.

On the other hand i also feel that we should have sat Bendtner down and said "Listen, forget the past, get your f***ing attitude in check and you will start the season up front as our number 1 striker, you f**k up and you will sit on the bench".

I guarantee with Podolski and Cazorla feeding him he would have done a great job.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:51 pm

I still think bring in Henry to buy Giroud a bit more time.

Good shout with Bendtner though GG.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:54 pm

I still think that bringing in anyone similar to Giroud in playing style is the wrong option (Bendtner, Llorente). I'd rather buy a player in Bent's mould
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GSK_AFC » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:I still think bring in Henry to buy Giroud a bit more time.

Agreed. Henry can still get the job done as shown last year. We could put him on when we need a goal.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13