Man Citeh v Arsenal | Premiership 23.09.12

Re: Man Citeh v Arsenal | Premiership 23.09.12

Postby gzagee » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:22 pm

One thing I noticed is for the 2nd game running against Citeh, our fitness levels were superior to them.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:22 pm

Est83 wrote:On paper I would definitely take the point. Away from home against the defending champions, who wouldn't take a point?

After the first half though, we should have been at least one goal up. LOL at Yorky pulling a starmandb to show that Citeh didn't get dominated. :rolleyes: Sorry mate, we were easily the better team, and the goal was coming. If it was 0-0 at the end of the first half then there would have been no tactical change from Mancini to stiffle our play, and chances are the second half would have been more of the same, and the goal would definitely have come.

The defence did brilliantly other than a complete f**k up for the goal.

The second half was just frustraiting... neither team stood out, it was cagey, and bar a few counters from both teams (more Citeh) it was boring! We did well to push on the last 15 and win the point. Would really have loved to have seen a change at the 60 minute mark rather than the 70th though.

Why wouldn't he have changed things? Of course he would, it was an obvious sub that everyone could see needed to happen.

Why should you of been a goal up before half time? You didn't do anything to warrant a goal.

You seem to forget your goal came from a defensive f**k up and apart from the shot leading to the corner you scored from, you never threatened.

How someone as good as Aguero missed his chance I don't know. Mannone made a class save from Dzeko as well.

Yet nobody on here seems to think City came close to winning it, only Arsenal...
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:27 pm

Well it is an arsenal forum lol
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:31 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Image

Thats a fifa 13 touch!!

Oh God, I don't want to see that again, thanks!
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Est83 wrote:On paper I would definitely take the point. Away from home against the defending champions, who wouldn't take a point?

After the first half though, we should have been at least one goal up. LOL at Yorky pulling a starmandb to show that Citeh didn't get dominated. :rolleyes: Sorry mate, we were easily the better team, and the goal was coming. If it was 0-0 at the end of the first half then there would have been no tactical change from Mancini to stiffle our play, and chances are the second half would have been more of the same, and the goal would definitely have come.

The defence did brilliantly other than a complete f**k up for the goal.

The second half was just frustraiting... neither team stood out, it was cagey, and bar a few counters from both teams (more Citeh) it was boring! We did well to push on the last 15 and win the point. Would really have loved to have seen a change at the 60 minute mark rather than the 70th though.

Why wouldn't he have changed things? Of course he would, it was an obvious sub that everyone could see needed to happen.

Why should you of been a goal up before half time? You didn't do anything to warrant a goal.

You seem to forget your goal came from a defensive f**k up and apart from the shot leading to the corner you scored from, you never threatened.

How someone as good as Aguero missed his chance I don't know. Mannone made a class save from Dzeko as well.

Yet nobody on here seems to think City came close to winning it, only Arsenal...

Most people aren't really commenting on whether City came close to winning or not but rather who looked like they deserved to win on the balance of play.

For long stretches of the game you were camped in your own half or even own area - it certainly doesn't strike as the most progressive way of playing the game especially when at home.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Jay22 wrote:Image

The f**k was Yaya doing!? :lol:

He's known for that - a number of goals City conceded last year were down to Yaya not picking up his man properly.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:46 pm

Came back, checked the score, not angry or sad. My cousin we could have bagged another 2?
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:47 pm

Zenith wrote:
Leody wrote:
Jay22 wrote:Image

The f**k was Yaya doing!? :lol:

Kos totally headbutted Merts in the balls... :lol:

LOOOOOOL

:rofll:
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Gunnerfromafrica wrote:Came back, checked the score, not angry or sad. My cousin we could have bagged another 2?

Gervinho missed a chance at the end but City missed some chances too.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:57 pm

I was laughing at redknapp and Neville were ripping into our zonal defending, going proper over the top and in depth, then shitty concede from a non zonally defended corner.

That shut them up for a bit.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:59 pm

Though to be fair I have no idea why you would ever zonally mark for a set piece...'tis very strange as all the benefits of zonal marking are made irrelevant.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Zonal marking does have its benefits, you can deal with loose balls in the box easier. It's not a lottery like it is when you man-to-man as someone should always be close enough to mop up

But yeah aerially I don't like zonal either
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Diaby24AFC » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:09 pm

gooner17 wrote:Just wondering when the pile up occured after the goal, was Walcott part of it?

Yes. He jumped in after Arteta and before Gibbs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gooner_7890 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:10 pm

Mertesacker was immense this afternoon and thoroughly deserved his man of the match accolade. He made some crucial interceptions and didn't put a foot wrong all game.
gooner_7890
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:17 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Zonal marking does have its benefits, you can deal with loose balls in the box easier. It's not a lottery like it is when you man-to-man as someone should always be close enough to mop up

But yeah aerially I don't like zonal either

Zonal marking has worked fine for many teams for years but like someone said I don't understand why we suddenly changed to it from man marking.

I also agree with what the plonkers in the studio said about heading the ball after a run up vs heading it from a standing start.
Common sense really.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13