Montpellier Vs Arsenal | Champions League 18/09/2012

Re: Montpellier Vs Arsenal | Champions League 18/09/2012

Postby Pudpop » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Last night Diaby reminded me of myself.

Whenever I try to be too smart, I completely screw up, but when I do the simple things, I'm unplayable.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Massa » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Gervinho was better yesterday than against Southampton I thought
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Kyle? » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:52 pm

It's the mark of a top team to be crap and still win.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby yosifun » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Kyle? wrote:It's the mark of a top team to be crap and still win.

+1 ugly win is a win

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:41 pm

SammyGunner11 wrote:
Trina wrote:
I disagree about Arteta, infact I remember a few times last night saying man up! He was on the floor far too easy last night imo. Jenkinson still has a lot of work to do. At one point they were booting the ball all the time to that side, he just wasn't aware of who was around him.

Maybe that was down to tired legs :dontknow: . Anyway, Arteta rarely ever does anything infuriating. Its one thing I like about him. Add to that he always seems to be in the right positions. Its like we have two Artetas on the field!

Jenkinson still needs more experience I agree, but I'm pleased with how he's developping so far. He handled the situations where he was one on one with the opposition pretty well yesterday, imo. He also got an assist too.

Don't get me wrong, I love Arteta and think he has fitted in very well, I just know its not him to go down that easily. He has a lot more strength than that which is why I found it a bit frustrating.

With Jenkinson, he does well going forward and did good with the assist. One of his good qualities. I just think opposing teams find that side as a weak side and rightly so. It's not really his fault, I mean he was brought in as a back up and has ended up in the starting 11.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Zedie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:06 am

Trina wrote:
SammyGunner11 wrote:
Trina wrote:
I disagree about Arteta, infact I remember a few times last night saying man up! He was on the floor far too easy last night imo. Jenkinson still has a lot of work to do. At one point they were booting the ball all the time to that side, he just wasn't aware of who was around him.

Maybe that was down to tired legs :dontknow: . Anyway, Arteta rarely ever does anything infuriating. Its one thing I like about him. Add to that he always seems to be in the right positions. Its like we have two Artetas on the field!

Jenkinson still needs more experience I agree, but I'm pleased with how he's developping so far. He handled the situations where he was one on one with the opposition pretty well yesterday, imo. He also got an assist too.

Don't get me wrong, I love Arteta and think he has fitted in very well, I just know its not him to go down that easily. He has a lot more strength than that which is why I found it a bit frustrating.

With Jenkinson, he does well going forward and did good with the assist. One of his good qualities. I just think opposing teams find that side as a weak side and rightly so. It's not really his fault, I mean he was brought in as a back up and has ended up in the starting 11.

I actually think he was doing that to help the team. His going down and stating there may have been an attempt to slow montpellier down and break their momentum, Christ we needed it in the second half!

Can't remember what team did it to us in the champs after going 1-0 up early, but it worked for them and they held on.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:13 am

CynicalGooner wrote:You are forgetting he got booked in the first 30 seconds as well and he was extremely lucky not to give away a penalty towards the end, it was a clear foul in the box, far clearer than Vermealen's. The guy is an idiot and a liability 90% of the time

Worked hard? Pft, I've never seen him work hard. Graft isn't a part of his game

The double standards just piss me off, like I said in the other thread, if it was Ramsey he would be getting crucified from all quarters for that performance. But the next half decent game Diaby has, he's our saviour again.

You know I'm not one for ripping into Rambo for any little thing, if it was him who had that performance, I would have had the same moan and left it at that. I think people have been well over the top with him, especially after his broken leg and the fact that last year was his first full season.

Still hold hope for Rambo, defo.

Re diaby, we've seen the good, the great and the really bad in his last 3 games and I think he's one that needs to just get a year of solid football under his belt. He maybe 26(?) but he hasn't played properly since he was 22 so there's a lot of experience for him to catch up on.

If anyone is going to scare him into not trying that shit, it's going to be Bouldy. I bet he went f***ing mental at abou after the game.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby prolific » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:30 pm

We need to improve our performances away in the CL. Our record isn't all too good and watching this told us why. The blame to me is with both management and players. Management are clearly missing something with the record not soo good and the players for not being able to find 'higher gears' and the 'gas' to keep accelerating. That said we did find composure to get in it no doubts about it but again the performance overall wasn't good.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13