Montpellier Vs Arsenal | Champions League 18/09/2012

Re: Montpellier Vs Arsenal | Champions League 18/09/2012

Postby Kyle? » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Bould's post-match interview:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -away-win-

'It is fabulous to get an early away win'

on the result...
I am really pleased. It was difficult. I thought we were excellent in the first half – we kept the ball and kept the crowd quiet. We looked a little bit tired in the second half. It was tough. It is quite an intimidating place to come and play so we’re glad to get the result.

on a positive start...
It’s fabulous to get an early away win. We’ve had a decent start to the season and we have kept the run going so it is important all round, for the whole season. We’ve got great team spirit and I think that was evident tonight. Everybody is digging in and things are looking OK.

on the enjoyment factor...
I’m not sure I enjoyed it. I’ve got a headache and a half! It is tough. It’s a different pressure than I’ve been used to taking the under-18s but we won and we had a great result.

on Lukas Podolski...
Podolski has made a real impact. I have to say, I’ve not seen many finishers as good as him – ever. Right foot, left foot. He goes in hard in training. He’s a good trainer, a good boy. He has really added something this year. I’m not getting involved in whether we are missing Robin. Podolski’s a good player.

on Olivier Giroud...
Olivier did a really good team job for us tonight. He works really, really hard for the team. At set-pieces he is fabulous. He defends and he works for the team. He had one chance at the near post that was difficult. He is a really hard-working boy and I’m sure the goals will come.

on work rate...
Any coach will tell you it is about having good players and we have got some good players who want to work. So far, so good. Everybody has spoken about myself but Neil Banfield gets missed and he does a good job, too. Everybody is working hard and I think that is why we’re doing OK at the minute.

on Sunday's trip to Manchester City...
Of course Sunday is a tough test. We go in there with a bit of confidence, with everybody believing things are going OK. But it is a proper test and that is what we want to do. Hopefully we can come through the other side and say we have done OK again on Sunday. Everybody is fine, touch wood. Things are looking quite bright.

on Montpellier's display...
I wouldn’t say Montpellier surprised us. Technically they are very, very high level. They kicked the second half off really well and got the crowd behind them. We are physically a little bit tired so it was tough. It wasn’t a surprise.

He's definitely learning from Wenger
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Steve Bould wrote:on Lukas Podolski... Right foot, left foot. He goes in hard in training.

:lol: Bouldy is such a gangster.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:09 pm

Its sad none of our staff are good at giving good interviews. Too safe, too afraid to speak their mind. I know its prudent to be diplomatic but Wenger and his co have taken it to another level.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Its sad none of our staff are good at giving good interviews. Too safe, too afraid to speak their mind. I know its prudent to be diplomatic but Wenger and his co have taken it to another level.

I don't blame anyone in any profession for talking to the media like that, especially in football.
If you talk about anything that could be even the slightest bit controversial they swarm all over it and twist it into a huge story that was basically about f**k all.

If the press make mountains out of molehills then you can't even talk about molehills. It's the media that created this boring scenario, not AFC.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Poongooner14 wrote:That has got to be the softest f***ing peno I have ever seen...

I've not even seen this but I know your comment is bullshit. Unless you don't watch football. Looking at your location, there is a chance.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:33 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Poongooner14 wrote:That has got to be the softest f***ing peno I have ever seen...

I've not even seen this but I know your comment is bullshit. Unless you don't watch football. Looking at your location, there is a chance.

Someones pissed at the away result :hiding: :sneaky:

There was contact, but the player made a meal of it. The game seems to be going that way now so I suppose we should expect calls like that.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:33 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Its sad none of our staff are good at giving good interviews. Too safe, too afraid to speak their mind. I know its prudent to be diplomatic but Wenger and his co have taken it to another level.

I don't blame anyone in any profession for talking to the media like that, especially in football.
If you talk about anything that could be even the slightest bit controversial they swarm all over it and twist it into a huge story that was basically about f**k all.

If the press make mountains out of molehills then you can't even talk about molehills. It's the media that created this boring scenario, not AFC.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Zedie wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

There was contact, but the player made a meal of it. The game seems to be going that way now so I suppose we should expect calls like that.

Yeah I'm gutted with how it happened despite accepting it before the game.

That has nothing to do with my post though mate. Even your description proves me right. ;)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:36 pm

It's just come up on SSN and I don't even know how anyone can say that kind of thing. It was more of a foul than not.

didn't matter anyway.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

That has nothing to do with my post though mate. Even your description proves me right. ;)

Was only pulling your leg, but tbf probs not the best time. Always heartbreaking losing so close to the finish line. Still, what your feeling now is f**k all compared to what manure fans felt on the final day of last season :biggrin:
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Zedie wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

Was only pulling your leg, but tbf probs not the best time. Always heartbreaking losing so close to the finish line. Still, what your feeling now is f**k all compared to what manure fans felt on the final day of last season :biggrin:

haha yeah mate.

I've still got a smile on my face due to even being here. We also nearly won an impoible game. Loved tonight even thought it hurt.

I only bought the house where I live in February and not watched many games at home. I did tonight though and I'm sure my neighbours know who I support. :lol:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Diaby24AFC » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Where are you Diaby2AFC?

New York. He was in Boston for the Southampton match. He's been attending the Arsenal supporting pubs, I think

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby JackMan86 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Good result tonight.

Our second half performance wasn't the best we've played but winning when you are playing badly is the key to winning titles and trophies.

Really pleased with the way we are looking atm. Cazorla and Podolski are brilliant
KROENKE OUT GAZIDIS OUT HILL-WOOD OUT

USMANOV IN
JackMan86
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:14 am

Just finished watching the game and I applaud the lads performance. Montpellier certainly tested our defense and need to be praised for their performance too. However, Bould's work can no longer be overlooked. Despite the constant pressure in the second half, we never looked out of place at the back. We were organised, cool, and composed. Also it was pretty clear to me that some of our players (i.e. Diaby, Cazorla, Podolski, etc.) were playing on their last legs towards the end. Good thing no one got injured. Anyway what I noticed:

*Giroud got an assist :biggrin: ! Well taken goal by Podolski, too. Didn't rush it. We need more composure like he has in front of goal
*Geeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrvvvvvvvvvvvvvvviiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooo. I knew he would come good and he's starting to show it. Got a goal, tracked back, and always looked dangerous going forward
*Mannone played well. He should not be dropped anytime soon, imo (and thats coming from someone who has little to no faith in him and Fabianski).
*Cazorla is sheer class in a glass :dance: . The way he works his way out of tight spaces and picks out near impossible passes is orgasmic
*Jenkinson is improving. There's no doubt about that in my mind now. He stays on his feet when he needs to and he knows when to commit. He will turn into something special.
*Arteta :hail: :hail: :hail: . Praises will be given to the likes of Cazorla, Podoski, etc. all day long, but Arteta is probably as imprtant if not moreso.
*Diaby, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Vermaelen all went about their business and did their part to defend our lead

Bring on the Citizens!!!
:arse flag.gif: :grouphug: :arse flag.gif:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby goonerever » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:14 am

I'm glad to see us grind out a win.Its great to see the team play for the win rather than the 'we play our own game' mentality of previous seasons.Its pleasing to see the desire to win.BTW would anyone say that poldi is a better finisher under pressure than judas?It sort of seems so!!
goonerever
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13