Arsenal V Southampton | Premiership 15/09/2012

Re: Arsenal V Southampton | Premiership 15/09/2012

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:14 am

RvP has made controversy when he did that. And he is from Holland. Podolski has 100% Polish blood, but legally he is a German. The media will slaughter him if he does it. Off course I firmly believe he won't do this.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:21 am

RVP didn't really make controversy, it was a storm in a teacup created entirely by the press. No one else took it the slightest bit seriously.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:32 am

That was exactly what I mean. Like I said before, the media/press will make the most of it and we don't need this kind of distraction while we are having our best moments in years.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:34 am

Shearer on Cazorla "lets not get carried away, it's only been 4 games" yet two f***ing games in he was wanking over Hazard...
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:46 am

Shearer was a Southampton player.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:05 am

I think Shearer was referring to Arsenal in general. Whilst he's a terrible pundit, he's right. Every one of us should know not to get carried away. It's what happens in March/April/May that counts
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Swan » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:19 am

Leody wrote:He's fecking black... It isn't Nazi at all. :doh:

clayton bigsby is a nazi.. :biggrin: :rofll:
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Trequartista » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:22 am

Great result! So happy to see Podolski score again and pleased to see Gervinho open his season's account with a couple. Havn't seen the game yet, is it true that Gerv played centrally with Poldi on the left?
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Git » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:42 am

Yeah. He was everywhere though. Might as well have not had a central striker.

Everywhere in a good way.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:51 am

GunnGunn wrote:Please stop with the Bergkamp and Henry comparisons, its f***ing embarrassing. You are comparing two of the greatest players to ever play the game to a 25 year old (Who will be 26 at the end of the month) who up until this season had never played a game outside of France and has so far looked decidedly average. His good movement counts for fuckall unless he can put it in the back of the net.

he played and scored for france in germany and played in 3 games at the euros
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:56 am

Fran Solo wrote:A rather dissapointing effort overall. Two own goals and two rebound goals. So maybe we were just lucky to win this one. Giroud still cannot score, so he has to score his first league goal away at Southampton some months later to be one of our legendary top scorer. In fact, none of our strikers have scored this season. This is the worse in EPL so far. Szczesny looks ultra-shaky. And since he is our first choice goalkeeper, then we can assume that other goalkeeepers are worse than him. The only positive thing is we won this one and 6 - 1 is not a disaster anyway.

what are podolski 2 gervinho 2 and walcott 1 then? or did i miss the humour?
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:03 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Outstanding performance.

MOM: Cazorla again for me. He was at the heart of everything. Nice to see somebody who is good enough to Replace Cesc on merit. Outstanding signing for us who has bed in so quickly. Gervinho had a very good game with 2 goals but i would have liked to see Podolski play through the middle cos i feel he can be best utilized in the central role. Coquelin was awesome so was Arteta who is the unsung hero of our team imo. Merts winning the headers was delight to watch and Vermaelen is looking like he is returning to his best.

The best bit for me today more than any of the goals was Ramsey's performance. He looked on the money from the moment he came on. He looked sharp and was unlucky to not to have score. Theo again silently came on and scored showing how important an asset he can be for us. We need goal scorers and Theo is a very good finisher imo.

I badly wanted to see Giroud's name on the score-sheet but i think his time will come.

Now enough has been said about Szczesny's performance today that even his backers will find it hard to defend his performance that too against a side like Southampton who had lost three in a row prior to this game. I am sorry but he looked clueless right throughout the game and seemed to have lost all his confidence especially towards the end where he was kicking and clearing the ball aimlessly like a blind man. What has our GK situation come to? Now this is not a knee jerk reaction but how much more poorly he has to perform before he is going to be dropped? Despite having more than a season under his belt as undispute number 1 he looks to have gone backwards both in terms of performance and confidence. It was such a shame that we could not make history today cos of his howler. 4 clean sheets in a row at the start of the season would have been the first time in our history and it was not to be..

in the top flight
we kept 5 clean sheets at the start of the 1903/04 season in the 2nd division
starmandb

Arsenal V Southampton | Premiership 15/09/2012

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:45 am

Trequartista wrote:is it true that Gerv played centrally with Poldi on the left?

The front three changed around all the time.

Ox kept switching between the left and right, podolski kept switching between the left and the centre and gervinho was all over the place popping up left right and centre. They really were brilliant!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Trequartista » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
Trequartista wrote:is it true that Gerv played centrally with Poldi on the left?

The front three changed around all the time.

Ox kept switching between the left and right, podolski kept switching between the left and the centre and gervinho was all over the place popping up left right and centre. They really were brilliant!

The way we play, it thiink it's vital that our front 3 are extremely fluid so I can see Poldi, Gervinho and Chambo becoming our 1st choice front 3 because they are all comfortable centrally or out wide.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:12 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Look at this this touch from Caz

That is just talent. We have got a great player there.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13