Why isn't Walcott picked for the England squad

Post your football articles here for other members to read. Please remember it must be your own work.

Why isn't Walcott picked for the England squad

Postby arsenal till i die » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:17 pm

As you guys must have noticed that Walcott has been picked for the England squad for only 1 apperance in the friendly match against Trinidad & Tobago in the subs, but what is the reason of that? Unlike rubbish players like Lescott who get picked for every single game even when they perform rubbish in the previouse matches.Fabio Capello was in neary all the matches Walcott played & performed well in the sights of Capello, EG-the match against Liverpool in the QF when Walcott did that fabulous run through five players & then did a fantastic set up to Adebayor which led to a goal, or the time when Arsenal beat AC Milan 2-0 when walcott again did a sensational run through the wing & did a great cross to Adebayor which led to the second goal in the return leg to get to the QF against Liverpool, I guess he was also turning his back to Walcott's 2 goals against Birmingham.The point is that if Walcott would be in the England squad we would have an amazing counter attack & we'd still be in the Euro's.He should pick Walcott instead of picking Owen or someone in the mid that isn't on form at the moment.Although I have a feeling that Fabio has now learnt his lesson by bringing Walcott in the squad to play against Czech Republic & Steve McLaren has already learnt his lesson by being kick out as England Manager.I think Walcott will shine for England in the World Cup if he's chosen, he mostly will be picked for the England squad in 2010 because he will be one of the young players along side Ashley Young for England & the old players will be kicked out like David Beckham or Fat Frank.

Definition_Of_A_True_Gunner:D
Siggy & ava By Me!
arsenal till i die
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Re: Why isn't Walcott picked for the England squad

Postby gzagee » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:22 pm

TBH I'm happy if he's not been picked for some crappy, meaningless friendly which might rid some clubs of their players for this weekend's games.
They'll be plenty of opportunity for him to impress. 2009 doesn't have an important intl tournament so, he's got time on his hands.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:52 pm

Capello is a new manager, Theo has to prove himself and he hasn't done that yet. That said I'm with gzagee, I'm glad he wasn't picked.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby WelshGooner88 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:56 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:Capello is a new manager, Theo has to prove himself and he hasn't done that yet. That said I'm with gzagee, I'm glad he wasn't picked.

he was picked,he is in the squad
WelshGooner88
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:05 pm

WelshGooner88 wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Capello is a new manager, Theo has to prove himself and he hasn't done that yet. That said I'm with gzagee, I'm glad he wasn't picked.

he was picked,he is in the squad

Yeah that confused me as well. lol
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby WelshGooner88 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:08 pm

theres the team
Goalkeepers: David James (Portsmouth), Paul Robinson (Blackburn Rovers), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Glen Johnson (Portsmouth), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham United), Jonathan Woodgate (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Joe Cole (Chelsea), David Bentley (Tottenham Hotspur), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), David Beckham (LA Galaxy), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham).

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Jermain Defoe(Portsmouth), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Emile Heskey (Wigan Athletic)

taken from http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 554604.stm
WelshGooner88
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Cheese » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:16 pm

Walcott has been added due to Dean Ashton's injury.

Although i'm very happy for Walcott - it would be great if he made the difference in a few England games - I would prefer him to be out of the international spot light while he concentrates on succuring a regular starting spot in the Arsenal team. Having said that if he does well in the internationals then it can only improve his confidence, but this does work both ways aswell remember.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:53 pm

Lol I thought he was in Psychos squad for the U-21's. I probably should have read the original post...I didn't by the way.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby arsenal till i die » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:07 pm

Fabrestuta:There is no original post m8!I made it myself I got pretty annoyed of Walcott not bein picked so I came up with this post!

Siggy & ava By Me!
arsenal till i die
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby arsenal till i die » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:09 pm

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:Walcott has been added due to Dean Ashton's injury.

Although i'm very happy for Walcott - it would be great if he made the difference in a few England games - I would prefer him to be out of the international spot light while he concentrates on succuring a regular starting spot in the Arsenal team. Having said that if he does well in the internationals then it can only improve his confidence, but this does work both ways aswell remember.

LOL i agree although Walcott is in Arsenal's first squad because he got the #14 shirt.

Siggy & ava By Me!
arsenal till i die
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cheese » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:26 pm

arsenal till i die wrote:
All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:Walcott has been added due to Dean Ashton's injury.

LOL i agree although Walcott is in Arsenal's first squad because he got the #14 shirt.

He may have the number 14 on his back but in no way is he guaranteed a starting place. What i ment was i'd rather Walcott concentrated on cementing his spot in the starting line up.. just like Henry.
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby arsenal till i die » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:48 pm

Yeh you've got a point there!

Siggy & ava By Me!
arsenal till i die
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cheese » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:49 am

After a performance like yesterday im suprised he gets picked at all :redface:
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby sendheroff » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:07 am

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:After a performance like yesterday im suprised he gets picked at all :redface:

yea id sit him out a game but im afraid if that happens and faber/rosicky/eduardo return he wont be coming back.
sendheroff
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Younggooner08 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:06 am

I like seeing Theo in the England squad, he has not been as good as i had hoped so far this season or last season or the season before if im totally honest but he is young and has lots to learn. When he is playing well i think he fully deserves his chance to be in the England(and Arsenal) squad but if he isnt playing to his full potential there are lot of players who fully deserve to take his place. Im sure in the next few years he will be a regular in the England squad and hopefully still in the Arsenal squad
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Next

Return to Article zone