My day out as an undercover "Spud"

Post your football articles here for other members to read. Please remember it must be your own work.

Postby UFGN » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:39 pm

Last season. Spuds Vs Arsenal at Shite Hart Lane.

A few days before the match, I get a call from a Spurs mate of mine. Someone had cried off and a ticket was available. Trouble was, it was in the South Stand amongst the filth. If anyone knows Shite Hart Lane, you will know that the South stand is (or at least was until this season,) their fanatical end. Their North Bank. Their Kop. Its also where the away supporters are, in the corner.

I had a tough decision to make; Did I want to be surrounded by filth during the match? Did I want to have to keep my mouth shut if we scored, and not look too angry if they did? Did I want to be standing there surrounded by scum singing "and if you are an Arsenal fan surrender or you'll die" Errr... no.
On the other hand, did I want to see Arsenal for the first time in ages cos I dont usually get to go to matches? YES!!

I took the ticket.

I went and stood / sat in the South Stand. I drank in the Bell and Hare. I refused to show any emotion when either team scored. I didnt sing any of the songs that that bunch of filth came out with, (except "England's Number One", which I thought was fair enough.) I looked enviously over at our fans, just a few rows away to my left, and felt their hate directed at me....(that was the hardest part of the whole thing.) I wore an England shirt. And, to my great shame, I wore a discreet Spuds scarf (youre not allowed in the Bell and Hare on match days without some sort of Spurs colours.

I'm pleased I did it though. It woke up the Arsenal fan in me that had grown complacent and lazy. It reminded me how much I love the club, more than football itself, and it taught me what a complete bunch of filth Spuds fans really are.

A direct quote from their fans that day:

"Oh, Rocky Rocky... Just a pile of bones in a wooden box"

Nice one Spurs... really classy.

:~
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Re: My day out as an undercover "Spud"

Postby Libertine » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:43 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:.
And, to my great shame, I wore a discreet Spuds scarf

:7:

And what's all this Spuds stuff?
They're yids!
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ozgooner » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:45 pm

wow mate thats commitment right there , ya took one for the team .

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:49 pm

ozgooner wrote:wow mate thats commitment right there , ya took one for the team .

:lol:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby SE13 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:00 pm

Libertine wrote:
And, to my great shame, I wore a discreet Spuds scarf

:7:

And what's all this Spuds stuff?
They're yids!

Scum, Filth, Middlesex, Vile, Putrid, Disgrace to football, call them what you will, it's all the same, and there can never be such a thing as a nice way of describing them.... Oh, and they play in a cesspit!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Sims » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:59 pm

Thats a f***ing horrible chant mate. He was better than all there players put together
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:29 pm

Not that we ever needed reason to hate teh yids, but that sick comment makes you hate them all the more. :42:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby arseman » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:39 am

Wasn't this the game where germin p*nis scored that injury time equalizer? How did you manage to stop swearing when that went in, what will all the scum celebrating deliriously around you, I don't know if i'd be able to control meself... :5: :5: :5: :42: :42:
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Libertine » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:44 am

A direct quote from their fans that day:

Being fair, we sing stuff about the holocaust and the like.
I've always thought you should be able to sing what you want in football grounds.
A lot of the nasty chants that gets sung are heat of the the moment stuff anyway.

When it REALLY mattered (Rocky's minutes silence at Highbury) the yids observed the silence perfectly
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby avenell 11 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:41 pm

I had a similar day out at shite hart lane earlier this season. For the first time in years i couldnt get a ticket through arsenal so it looked like i would miss my annual opportunity to be abused by 20,000 monkeys as we left the ground celebrating (lets face it most of them could be the missing link). Fortunately someone i know invited me in corporate hospitality- lunch and free beer in the "125 glorious years" hospitality suite.

on the way down i stopped at william hills at finsbury park - £5 on arsenal to win 3-1, then took the bus to the edge of the world. To be fair, the hospitality was good. A lot of former players circulating -jennings, chivers, mullery, and steve sedgley was invited to. Prior to the game Mullery and Chivers did a what do we expect double act, and they got it spot on - spurs coming out of the blocks quickly, realising that they are crap and then being turned over by the better side. Just before leaving for the ground, i had a chance for the guess the correct score and quiz entry before heading off to my seat, lower tier, to the left of the benches, in an area full of corporate ticket holders - less likely to kick the crap out of you and, remarkably more stupid than your average spuds fan despite the fact that they could actually speak human.

Everyone knows the result and by the end the arsenal fans were going crazy, with the spuds piling out immediately after adebayors goal moaning about Arsenal being lucky/ shit etc. For me it was back to the 125 glorius years tent for a few more beers. Mullery and Chivers then summarised the game, very fairly, then turned to the organisers with the question "i'm guessing no-one got the correct score". Much to their disgust, and that of the 100 odd spuds in the tent, i get to go up and pick up a bottle of champagne. I would also have won the quiz if Mullery had not torn it up and thrown it at me, but what would you rather have, a spuds decanter (mini, no friends size) or the satisfaction that you know more about their club than the 100 morons that surrounded me.

Let the crowds die down outside then it was off with my corporate hospitality bag, with its assortment of crap passed to spud friends drowning their sorrows along the high road, pick up my winnings, then into the Blackstock for a bit of a sing song, a few more beers and passing round of the champagne.

What did i learn from this? we know how crap they are. there ex players know how crap they are and tell the fans. the fans dont know how crap they are

heres to a similar result tonight
avenell 11
Liam Brady

Postby whee » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:21 am

Why did you never tell me about this? I feel like we've become so distant. You're like a completely different person now Ben.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:37 am

whee wrote:Why did you never tell me about this? I feel like we've become so distant. You're like a completely different person now Ben.

Im taking a wild guess that he is our old gw ledge UFGN??? :D
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby whee » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:59 pm

f***ing wants to be him lol.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby whee » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:55 am

It's actually not, so UFGN(2) as you will now be known, ignore my previous comments :D
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:00 pm

whee wrote: You're like a completely different person now

There is a very good reason for that
:rolf23:

.....because I am a completely different person :lol:

UFGN

Next

Return to Article zone