Time To Bring Back Terraces?

Post your football articles here for other members to read. Please remember it must be your own work.

Re: Time To Bring Back Terraces?

Postby Est83 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:13 pm

SE I think your page could do with some kind of mission statement in the 'info' area.

Been sharing the link across FB but at the moment it just looks like a page to go to for those who want to reminisce :lol:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:13 pm

Est83 wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:terraces will never come back IMO, nor should they
they may be better for atmosphere, but you can guarantee there won't be another Hillsborough in an all seater stadium

There are standing stadiums across Europe that are used safely week in week out... no Hillsborough type incidents of any kind.

no scousers in Europe
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby SE13 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:25 pm

Est83 wrote:SE I think your page could do with some kind of mission statement in the 'info' area.

Been sharing the link across FB but at the moment it just looks like a page to go to for those who want to reminisce :lol:

Agree it needs a bit of work.

As to the statement about Hillsborough, well that would have been a lot worse with seats.... Terracing didn't cause it.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Est83 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:05 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Est83 wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:terraces will never come back IMO, nor should they
they may be better for atmosphere, but you can guarantee there won't be another Hillsborough in an all seater stadium

There are standing stadiums across Europe that are used safely week in week out... no Hillsborough type incidents of any kind.

no scousers in Europe

:lol: Ban Scoucers from Football!!! The politicians would almost consider it... and rightfully so!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Est83 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:00 am

They're the common denominator... it's not racism, it's logic!

BAN THEM!!!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby SE13 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Greenockgooner » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:19 pm

SE13 wrote:
Est83 wrote:SE I think your page could do with some kind of mission statement in the 'info' area.

Agree it needs a bit of work.

As to the statement about Hillsborough, well that would have been a lot worse with seats.... Terracing didn't cause it.

Correct, if anything it was the "death trap" fencing round the pitch, and if i remember correctly, no one knew who had the keys for the gates when they were needed.

Terracing WILL make a comeback in the future, this is something that''s slowly gaining momentum now.

And with a bit of luck the prawn sandwich munchers will feck off along with the seats. :)
Greenockgooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Previous

Return to Article zone