Arsenal vs Rangers history

Post your football articles here for other members to read. Please remember it must be your own work.

Re: Arsenal vs Rangers history

Postby HollowayPaddy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:31 pm

The blue and yellow hurling jersey ye refer to is county Tipperary I think
Last edited by HollowayPaddy on Sun May 11, 2014 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
HollowayPaddy
Liam Brady

Postby HollowayPaddy » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:10 pm

Up The Arse
Last edited by HollowayPaddy on Sun May 11, 2014 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
HollowayPaddy
Liam Brady

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:35 pm

HollowayPaddy wrote:I was unaware of any violence between Arsenal and Rangers fans in the 1980s or 1963 but ill take your word for it
Holloway Road is the "Irish capital of England" and of course Arsenal were known as "London Irish" during this period due to their fans singing Irish songs and players like Stapleton,Quinn,O'Leary,Brady,Nelson,Rice,Morrow,McGolderick,McDermott,Decimeter,Jennings,Haverty,Murphy,Mancini,Neill etc around this time
There was always going to be trouble when Arsenal and Rangers met as Rangers also had strong links with Chelsea and Millwall as well as smaller links with Tottenham,Stoke,West Ham and Liverpool

However up until recently, Rangers owned shares in Arsenal. If I remember when they were at the Emirates Cup, there was no trouble at all they were just there to have a good time and support their team.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Previous

Return to Article zone