Arsenal vs Rangers history

Post your football articles here for other members to read. Please remember it must be your own work.

Re: Arsenal vs Rangers history

Postby TheLittleMozart » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:40 pm

Buzzin about this game,gutted I couldnt get afford a ticket for this becuase a few of my mates managed to grab tickets for this,but I simply just couldnt due to my Ibiza funds needing to be saved.

I settled for the Rangers Vs Man City game on wednesday though.

Will be intresting to see how Arsenal will cope with Rangers different football style though.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby djaxster » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:47 pm

Lill M what can i expect with my Rangers mate coming round? what banter can i give him to wind him up? and should i hide my vintage malt whiskey?
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TheLittleMozart » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:52 pm

djaxster wrote:Lill M what can i expect with my Rangers mate coming round? what banter can i give him to wind him up? and should i hide my vintage malt whiskey?

Haha! All you have to do is support Celtic and tell him how great they are (when they're not) any Rangers fan will react to that in a heart-beat! ... Were not all drunks up here in Scotland mate ;)

Oh aye and praise Aiden McGeadey... I f***ing hate that wee rat!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby djaxster » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:59 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:
djaxster wrote:Lill M what can i expect with my Rangers mate coming round? what banter can i give him to wind him up? and should i hide my vintage malt whiskey?

Haha! All you have to do is support Celtic and tell him how great they are (when they're not) any Rangers fan will react to that in a heart-beat! ... Were not all drunks up here in Scotland mate ;)

As i am reading this i spotted my arsenal/celtic hat so i might wear that.
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Libertine » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:36 am

SE13 wrote:
Libertine wrote:Them hats were all the rage in the mid 80's.
One of my mates still has 4 of them in his loft (Arsenal/Rangers, Arsenal/Celtic, Arsenal/Aberdeen and Arsenal/Hearts).

I had an Arsenal/Dundee United one. It's probably still among my memorabilia collection in my parents loft.

They were all the rage at the same time as those inflatable bananas everyone was taking to games.
I think Man City started that particular trend? :think:
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:44 am

I was one of those with an inflatable banana :oops:

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fee23 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:29 pm

I'll second that!! :angry:
Fee23
Liam Brady

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:01 am

I'm still in the same opinion that Rangers fans cannot be taken anywhere. My Mrs was out shopping in Regents St yesterday when about 4 of the c**** come over to her and told her to go home. So yeah 4 grown men abusing a woman who's 5'3 out shopping with our 11 month old baby. Utter W****rs and I hope we f**k them today.

Also weren't they banned from defending the cup winners cup after they rioted in Barcelona?
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Teddy Bear » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:05 am

Can't wait for todays game, season ticket holder at Ibrox for 20yrs and Arsenal are my 2nd team, i've never saw any trouble in past meetings, was at the 1989 ZDS(or something like that!) Cup game when Arsenal won 2-1, Richard Gough's testimonial in '95 when the Gers won 3-0, Winterburn's testimonial at Highbury which ended 3-3 and a friendly at Ibrox where Henry and co murdered us 3-0 but i've always got on really well with the Arsenal fans!

There wont be any trouble today because the tickets were only sold to season ticket holders, every team has their share of idiots follow them but true Gers fans wont cause any trouble!

I take the last post was from a Celtic fan, Rangers were banned from Europe in '72 however as most Celtic fans have to live on past glories he is probably one of the few who will continue to bring this up!

C'mon the bears!
Teddy Bear
Liam Brady

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:55 am

I'm an Arsenal fan mate.

To be honest I was unsure if you'd been banned hence why I asked the question. And if your tickets were season ticket holders only then at least 4 of them are racist scum.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:58 am

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:I'm an Arsenal fan mate.

To be honest I was unsure if you'd been banned hence why I asked the question. And if your tickets were season ticket holders only then at least 4 of them are racist scum.

Every club has a group of fans who ruin it for everyone mate,not every rangers fan is the same. Granted they're are the fair share of biggoted idiots but only a small part,and every other fan hates them for it.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Briggsy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:07 pm

Yesterday straight after there game they where kicking off on upper street! Police flying about everywhere
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:14 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:

Every club has a group of fans who ruin it for everyone mate,not every rangers fan is the same. Granted they're are the fair share of biggoted idiots but only a small part,and every other fan hates them for it.

Yeah mate I'll give you that but I'd say the majority of your support were singing that 'why don't you go home' song. Doing it in London ain't really recommended...unless your at Stamford Bridge where they'd welcome such shit.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby SE13 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:17 pm

Lets not have one of these Rangers/Celtic arguments here, I've seen them everywhere, and it always turns silly....

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:50 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:

Yeah mate I'll give you that but I'd say the majority of your support were singing that 'why don't you go home' song. Doing it in London ain't really recommended...unless your at Stamford Bridge where they'd welcome such shit.

the point is its football, and fans sing stupid songs, even though the majority dont even really mean it or care what they are actually singing, im sure arsenal have had a few dodgy chants about spurs etc etc

its football, yes some songs go too far, but its all meant as banter at the end of the day, and people who get all high and mighty sometimes need to take a step back and chill out(im not saying you are ads, just in general,you know the sort who make a fuss about it all)

im sure when you were watchin celtic ads you sang along in anti gers songs etc etc then prob ,met up with a few after and had a pint etc

gers fans no different to any other set of fans, no better no worse, i would imagine barca and real have a few songs about each other?(guessing)

clubs/countries gets bad reps for minority of dickheads, like england do at present, well in recentish tournaments anyway
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Article zone