youth policy gone mad ???

Post your football articles here for other members to read. Please remember it must be your own work.

youth policy gone mad ???

Postby ozgooner » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:01 am

THE world's most famous soccer club - Manchester United - has offered nine-year-old Brisbane whiz kid Rhain Davis a shot at stardom.

Rhain has been invited to join Manchester United's famed academy, the breeding ground of current Red Devils' star Ryan Giggs and 1966 World Cup-winning England hero Bobby Charlton.
The young midfield general, who played for the under-10 development squad at Redlands United, caught the attention of United scouts on a DVD passed on to the club by his England-based grandfather.

Rhain, who holds a British passport, was soon on a plane to Britain and, according to mother Leah, "won't be back".

Instead, Mrs Davis, her husband Mark, and their two other children Emerson and Reeve will re-locate to Manchester.

"It's for family and business reasons," she said.

Mrs Davis said Rhain had hardly taken off his Manchester United's shirt since being given the football chance of a lifetime.

"It's been awesome so far," Rhain said from Manchester last night. "The best part has been getting to meet a lot of the players."

Rhain now counts among his "friends" United stars Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Wes Brown and includes Ronaldo in his nightly prayers.

The United academy starts at under nines, with the club deciding by the under 12 stage whether to offer players a full-time scholarship.

Diana Patchett, who has guided Rhain during his school soccer career at Moreton Bay Boys College, has no doubt her star pupil was on track to earn a scholarship.

"He is so well-balanced on the ball," Mrs Patchett said. "His ability to shield the ball in a tight space is extraordinary for someone of his age."

and i thought we had a good youth policy :lol:

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:21 am

We do, Arsenal recruit as young as 9yrs, Justin Hoyte & Henri Lansbury were that age when they joined our academy. ;)

Some clubs have been known to sign players as young as 6yrs old! :shock:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Re: youth policy gone mad ???

Postby CLS » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:50 am

ozgooner wrote:

"He is so well-balanced on the ball," Mrs Patchett said. "His ability to shield the ball in a tight space is extraordinary for someone of his age."

ive heard this a number of times before ,when a scout looks for young player its there balance at a young age is the secret,
lots of young kid look good
but the ones who can run with the ball and have great balance there the ones with a future
there are lots of thing you can teach footballers but great balance is what they say natually gifted players like beckham,ronaldaldho,george best are born with.

and a football scout once saw a small boy out side a restaurant a few years back balancing on one leg on the edge of a step and couldnt belive the balance he was showing for someone age about 2 he went over and found out his parents were david and victoria,the boy was brookln beckham so watch this space :) :)
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby AFCJosh » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:08 pm

lol, i dunno asbout youth poicies being to young, but tbh as long as he plays for utd i wouldnt like it to pay off!!!
AFCJosh
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Return to Article zone