Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Re: Sunderland vs Arsenal 12/2/12 chat thread

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:42 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Szczesny 7 :rofll: :rofll:

Szczesny 7.5 :rofll: :rofll:

your goalkeeping knowledge :rofll: :rofll:

if you think Sneezy was our worst player on the ground, your opinion on goalkeepers is not to be respected in the slightest
RVP, Ox and Walcott do absolutely nothing all game, despite us having loads of possession, and they're better than a guy who kept us in the game and was in no way at fault for the goal we conceded? :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
Last edited by ThereIsBearCüm on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:52 am

As i have always said, when people run out of excuses they use a personal dig as the last resort :rolleyes:
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:54 am

anyways leave that RVP a 5.. its your opinion. but still..
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:54 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:As i have always said, when people run out of excuses they use a personal dig as the last resort :rolleyes:

since when is it a personal dig? You know nothing about goalkeeping. It's not a judgement, it's a fact
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:54 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:anyways leave that RVP a 5.. its your opinion. but still..

what did RVP do to deserve any more?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:58 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:As i have always said, when people run out of excuses they use a personal dig as the last resort :rolleyes:

since when is it a personal dig? You know nothing about goalkeeping. It's not a judgement, it's a fact

Despite making so many mistakes, look at the ratings you have given him , not just this game but throughout the season. As i have said, i am no expert out here but patronization when it gets beyond a point becomes
unpalatable. Definition of delusion. A false belief which cannot be corrected. In your case you think you are an
expert at goal-keeping. Its your opinion but i have never commented on your footballing wit. That says it all.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:02 am

For the record i have given Walcott a 4 too
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:02 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:

Despite making so many mistakes, look at the ratings you have given him , not just this game but throughout the season. As i have said, i am no expert out here but patronization when it gets beyond a point becomes unpalatable.
Definition of delusion. A false belief which cannot be corrected. In you case you think you are an expert at
goal-keeping. Its your opinion but i have never commented on your footballing wit. That says it all.

Why judge him on the whole season, this is a match ratings thread, not a season ratings thread.
Name one mistake he made on the weekend. And I mean a real mistake, not one you think is a mistake.
Ever been a goalkeeper? I've been keeping for 12 years and done some coaching too, what about you?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:03 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:For the record i have given Walcott a 4 too

So you thought Sneezy was as bad as a guy who barely got a touch, and when he did he gave the ball away?
Now THAT says it all.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:11 am

Nothing major mate.. Yup never been a GK. Does that mean i should not comment about a GK ? Let me ask you one thing since you have been a keeper for long. This is PL where the footballing standards are so high and we should not be fooled in to believing that every save a GK is a favor to the team. His positioning was suspect imo . Yes i have seen the replays several times and each time i think an yard towards the center he could have saved the shot and still would have comfortably covered the near post. I never have hailed myself as an expert mate. I am a passionate football fan who has played college level football in the past. nothing major. Jens Lehmann was chipped a few times in his carrier and he was castigated like anything. My point is simple he has not shown major growth as a goal-keeper so far this season. He was looking much more confident and assured last season. I don't expect him to do miracles . Have you noticed how vocal he was last season. This season he seems to have lost his confidence a bit. I mean he used to scream like mad in set-piece situations. I don't know what has happened to him , may be confidence issues but he has not progressed from last season at-least not at the expected rate.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:40 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Nothing major mate.. Yup never been a GK. Does that mean i should not comment about a GK ? Let me ask you one thing since you have been a keeper for long. This is PL where the footballing standards are so high and we should not be fooled in to believing that every save a GK is a favor to the team. His positioning was suspect imo . Yes i have seen the replays several times and each time i think an yard towards the center he could have saved the shot and still would have comfortably covered the near post. I never have hailed myself as an expert mate. I am a passionate football fan who has played college level football in the past. nothing major. Jens Lehmann was chipped a few times in his carrier and he was castigated like anything. My point is simple he has not shown major growth as a goal-keeper so far this season. He was looking much more confident and assured last season. I don't expect him to do miracles . Have you noticed how vocal he was last season. This season he seems to have lost his confidence a bit. I mean he used to scream like mad in set-piece situations. I don't know what has happened to him , may be confidence issues but he has not progressed from last season at-least not at the expected rate.

I would have thought that if you were going to comment on a player (especially if it's negative comments) that you would at least know something about the position. For instance, I regularly think Song plays poorly, but I don't slag him off because I admit I don't know much about playing the holding role so my comments on his performance wouldn't be well informed.

If he was a yard to his left, you would have been slaughtering him about getting beaten at his near post. At that range, there is no time to react, so you have to be basically right on your near post as the ball would be past him before he (or any other keeper) could register where the ball was going, let alone get something behind it.

I agree that he's not up to the same level as he was last year, but that doesn't make him a bad keeper. Player growth isn't a linear thing, there will be peaks and there will be troughs.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Return to Player of the Season 2011-12