ImageImage

Arsenal vs Fulham 31/12/11 chat thread

Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Arsenal vs QPR 31/12/11 chat thread

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:42 am

why all the Gervinho hate?
sure, he looked clueless when he got into the box, but he was far better than Walcott... surely not deserving of 1s and 2s?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:42 am

Sir , for a forward scoring is not optional , but a mandatory quality . We are half-way through the season and yet he seems to be getting worse with each passing day in front of the goal . Yeah people might say , goals are not be all and end all , there is more to football but in a position which , Gervinho plays , he simply has to score . Somebody said in the match-day thread that he is by far the worst finisher in a long long time who has played as a WF and i concurred. By the way i have given 1 to Walcott as well . Walcott wants to play as a striker and if he goes back and sees the chance on telly , he knows he has to go a long way before even thinking of playing as a striker .
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:10 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Sir , for a forward scoring is not optional , but a mandatory quality . We are half-way through the season and yet he seems to be getting worse with each passing day in front of the goal . Yeah people might say , goals are not be all and end all , there is more to football but in a position which , Gervinho plays , he simply has to score . Somebody said in the match-day thread that he is by far the worst finisher in a long long time who has played as a WF and i concurred. By the way i have given 1 to Walcott as well . Walcott wants to play as a striker and if he goes back and sees the chance on telly , he knows he has to go a long way before even thinking of playing as a striker .

he'll start scoring soon enough, its his first season... its not like he's arshavin :sneaky:
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:14 pm

mert was solid
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Arteta and Koscielny the MOTM for me

Ramsey was better than 4's and 5's, that was one of his better games and he should have had at least a couple of assists.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:44 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Sir , for a forward scoring is not optional , but a mandatory quality . We are half-way through the season and yet he seems to be getting worse with each passing day in front of the goal . Yeah people might say , goals are not be all and end all , there is more to football but in a position which , Gervinho plays , he simply has to score . Somebody said in the match-day thread that he is by far the worst finisher in a long long time who has played as a WF and i concurred. By the way i have given 1 to Walcott as well . Walcott wants to play as a striker and if he goes back and sees the chance on telly , he knows he has to go a long way before even thinking of playing as a striker .

I agree, but did his performance really warrant "2: Anything below this is an embarrassment to themselves and the club" or "1: Please leave our club immediately and never ever come back"?
no one was saying he had a good game, but surely not so poor that it should be his last game for the club
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Return to Player of the Season 2011-12