West Brom v Arsenal | Premiership 13/05/2012

Re: West Brom v Arsenal | Premiership 13/05/2012

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon May 14, 2012 11:28 am

Can't believe how awful we were yesterday.
Played so badly and if their GK hadn't gifted us two goals we might've finished below the scum this season - doesn't bear thinking about.
Thank God for Santos that's all I can say, what a goal!
Him and Benayoun were probably the only ones who played well.

Couldn't believe how much possession WBA had in the second half, I thought we were supposed to be the keep-ball experts?
Still, we got the result and that's another season of CL football :banana:

Well done lads, we scraped it.

:pray:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Mon May 14, 2012 12:05 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:July 1st.

Isn't June 1st?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TRA Dial Square » Mon May 14, 2012 12:06 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:July 1st.

Isn't June 1st?

It's actually technically from "End of Season - August 31st" but formally opens on July 1st.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

West Brom v Arsenal | Premiership 13/05/2012

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon May 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Another spot on post from lucifer!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ivan itchybum » Mon May 14, 2012 6:21 pm

mg86 wrote:
ivan itchybum wrote:^ wasn't that good

yes it was, it was perfectly timed and ballsy for a sub. a slite misjudgement and he could have gotten them a penatly

lol no it wasn't, any defender should be able to pull that off... the wb player took a huge touch and invited gibbs in for the tackle, actually very difficult to give away a peno there...
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Mon May 14, 2012 6:23 pm

For as much stick as Gibbs gets, I'd say that was a hell of a tackle. Whether it was a bad touch or not, you still gotta get it done and he did, and it may have earned us $40 million, or however much we get to play in the CL.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Mon May 14, 2012 7:51 pm

ChVint22 wrote:For as much stick as Gibbs gets, I'd say that was a hell of a tackle. Whether it was a bad touch or not, you still gotta get it done and he did, and it may have earned us $40 million, or however much we get to play in the CL.

Each of the 32 clubs involved in the group stage will receive a participation bonus of €3.9m. In addition, they will be entitled to a match bonus of €550,000 per match played in the group stage. Performance bonuses will also see €800,000 paid for every win and €400,000 for every draw in the group stage.

These were the exact amounts for the 2011-2012 season, could be slightly diffirent in 2012-2013.

Full article: http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/fin ... 76422.html
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:09 am

Zedie wrote:
lucifer82 wrote:It's been a bumpy season, but at the end of it, all I ever want is to be proud of my team... and that I am. We've all got our own ideas and grumbles about players, the manager, the board, whoever. But, I like that we went through some pretty dark times this season. Arsene massacred in the press, even more than the usual disrespectful, mocking, drivel they usually put out, all while they crowed about the eventual champions who have spent in the region of 1 BILLION pounds to get knocked out of the group stages of the world's hardest competition and the sickening sick fest for 'Arry and his Spuds. What was more ludicrous? That Arsene is over the hill, that he's lost his football intelligence, lost his players, was leading the club to relegation or that that lot at Riot Town were going to win the league. Ludicrous. All while people who pay attention to the media all get carried along and worked up by it all.

It was obvious after our start that this season was gonna be a struggle, not just cos of the results, but you could see the team-play had vastly changed. Well, it would when you lose 3 of your starting midfielders (Fabregas, Wilshere, Nasri). That's a massive chunk of balance, vision and creativity gone. We found it hard to adjust. As most would. You could say "Well, he should have bought in preparation for that." Hard when you're dealing with the likes of the Nasri's of this world, all the agents, the evil that is Barcelona and we've got it all to come this summer with the some evil agent, doing his best to rape a shitload of money from a RVP sale. But, let's be honest, who thought Ramsey would be as mediocre as he has been this season? We probably thought Theo might have gotten more consistent, but he remains patchy. Arshavin realised he couldn't hack English football and his head and heart went. The lack of a proper balanced, working midfield has affected our season. Arteta was one of our most important players this season. Without him our midfield lacked that balance I mentioned and since his injury, again, we lacked balance. It seems to affect the whole team, we become so disjointed. Arteta's important because he knows the game, he knows how to play his position, whether that be through talent or experience, perhaps both, I don't know. But, Ramsey's still a young professional. Song, you could argue should have become a bit more disciplined positionally, but his faults are much more obvious when Arteta isn't their. And you can't really account for some of the injuries. Incredibly unlucky to have 4 full backs out for such great length, one in Sagna who's had his leg broken twice in the same season. Metersacker, who I thought actually did well this season, to a freak injury at Sunderland. Santos, broken ankle. Take all the major, longer term injuries we had and replace them like-for-like with players in any other team in the league and it would knacker them a fair bit, too.

We've done alright. We have done alright. That's how I feel. Before I felt we've underachieved, cos more often than not we've crashed, when in positions to wing things. But after the season, we've just had, to come back and pip the Spuds and their "fantastic squad", Chelski and to beat a Newcastle, who were resurgent, who didn't have European competition to distract and tire them, in that respect we have done alright. But, there does need to be a mini-cull in terms of players leaving. Chamakh should not be being paid by any team in the league. Dreadful contribution towards a football club when you consider the wealth and quality of life it brings him. All the rest are obvious. I just hope we can shift most, if not all em. I don't want no Winston Bogarde's at my club. Hopefully get a bit of bunce for Bendtner, too. Job's a good 'un. It will be interesting to see how we deploy Jack next year. Is he gonna play the same role as before or will Arsene move him further forward, more to what he was recognised for in the youth team? If he stays in the same role, then we need to sign a ready made, creative, dynamic midfielder to play centrally or even roam. To me that's the thing we miss the most. All the best teams have one, some even have two!

Can't wait for next season. But first I've got the Euro's and Ireland. Paddy's doing the Poznan! Ole, ole, ole, ole! Or in my case, a Plastic Paddy! ;)

Spot in mate, great post.

Sums it all up, really. We have certainly done alright :arsenal3:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby VCC » Tue May 15, 2012 8:04 am

first chance to be on here for a few days,great win and bring on next season.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Özilfan » Tue May 15, 2012 12:02 pm

As long as finishing third doesn't blind Wenger to the weaknesses in our current squad, then I too am happy with this season. Best memories for me:

1) Henry's goal at Leeds
2) Beating Spurs after 2-0 down
3) Beating Chelsea 5-3
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dejan » Fri May 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Henry's comeback
Beating spurs
Beating Chelsea
Beating Milan