Arsenal v Norwich | Premiership 05/05/2012

Re: Arsenal v Norwich | Premiership 05/05/2012

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun May 06, 2012 8:37 am

Yorkyblue wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:You know what pisses me off more than anything else about yesterdays game?

For their second goal when Vermaelen did his "I'm a striker, watch how it's done" thing and went up the field when there was no cover, the moment I saw him go up I knew we'd be in trouble when they got the ball. The rest of our team knew it too cos they shit themselves. Koscileny and Gibbs were left to deal with a 3v2 and they score the type of lucky goal we are experts at conceding.

f**k sake TV5 not again! Stay in your position! is all I could think

I didn't see any of your game yesterday as I was at work but was that for their equaliser, so no need for TV to even be up there?

I could under stand it if you were losing but god knows what he was thinking.

It was for their second, was 1-1 at the time

If it's towards the end of the game you can understand it, you are chasing the victory you need. But it was the 27th minute for crying out loud. I don't know what worse, that or throwing the game away in the 85th
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fran Solo » Sun May 06, 2012 3:00 pm

Last match, still 3rd... :D
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby mg86 » Sun May 06, 2012 4:29 pm

I think its clear from this game that Gervinho is showing he might well pull a Koschielny and emerge much in the same way Laurent did next season. To not give him that time is hilarious to me given we've offered Walcott 5 seasons to prove his up for it.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Callum » Sun May 06, 2012 4:39 pm

I've always thought Gervinho was a decent option for us, even if he's been inconsistent throughout the season. If he can get a good pre-season under his belt he could well cement a place in our first XI. It's great having a player who can beat players with ease and get a cross in.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sun May 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Watched the goals again. Shocked with our keeper for their first goal. Maybe now i say= Time for Fab. Nah only messing.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Sun May 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Ches had a stinker full stop. It was Flappyesque to the max and its one of the first i can think of from him, it was a proper lapse of judgement. He was suspect for the third goal as well, why not just try and save it ffs?

Back to the TV5 / Song axis. Song was ambling back, not chasing his marker for their second after TV had galloped up, and Benayoun did the same thing for their first goal (or the other way round, cant remember). The marking and defensive awareness is baffling at times.

I firmly believe that Songs and TVs excessive forays upfront are as a direct result of Wengers tinkering and quick fix solution to the problem of a lack of a creative AM in the squad that can do it full time, all the time. While i may get a bit of stick for it from some on here, Rosicky, although vastly improved this term, isnt enough on his own to fill that role.

Jack and Diaby havent been active for the whole season, so what does Wenger do? He gambles on allowing Song to push forward and play whatever elaborate ball he does to make shit happen, or TV to force the issue when others are looking to pass sideways or against a sea of opposition stifling the centre.

Wenger is and always has been a gambler at heart and the recent performances have shown him on a bad streak. When hes up its great, when hes down its f***ing atrocious and there will never be a middle ground in our play.

He needs to pull his finger out, cut Diaby loose, buy a proper sick AM and hope that Jack will be fit and unhindered for next season otherwise we'll have the same issues next season.

If we had TV5 and Song doing their main role first and foremost but making forward runs as a luxury, not a neccessity as it is now, we wouldnt be leaking goals like a f***ing pub team.

Wenger and the board need to get on it or GTFO.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby FrustratedGooner » Sun May 06, 2012 10:30 pm

am i the only one that is starting to think we have some god given right to play in the champions league? and that 4th spot is not engoth so there making sure we finish 3rd -_- tempting to put a large bet on chavs now...
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Sun May 06, 2012 10:36 pm

FrustratedGooner wrote:am i the only one that is starting to think we have some god given right to play in the champions league? and that 4th spot is not engoth so there making sure we finish 3rd -_- tempting to put a large bet on chavs now...

It's this kind of talk that will jinx us!!!

I'm not saying shit until Saturday evening. All I know is there will be mania or depression in my house next week.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Mon May 07, 2012 3:15 am

I don't think that we can rely on such thing as luck, but as I said before, we were very very lucky this year. We are not good enough. United has beaten us twice. Liverpool has beaten us in London. Spurs has beaten us. Even all the promotion teams and regular bottom teams have points stolen from us. Drawn with Norwich, Wolves and Bolton. Lost against QPR, Swansea, Blackburn and Wigan.
But, we are still 3rd!
Yes, we are not good enough, but I think it is fair enough to say that the others are certainly not better than us. Some said that Spurs and Newcastle are doing great this year. Hmm, maybe great, but certainly not great enough. If they are better than us then they are above us now which is not.
Now let's hope we win our last match to claim the 3rd place in style.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12