Arsenal v Chelsea | Premiership 21/04/2012

Re: Arsenal v Chelsea | Premiership 21/04/2012

Postby dj_jonty_uk » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:01 pm

At first glance, i didn't think it was a penalty. But after looking at replays, i think it was 50-50 as to whether it was given or not. I don't think RVP would have got the ball, and maybe that (coupled with refs now being afraid to give a penalty) may have resulted in it not being given.

To be honest, i don't feel that bad about getting a point against Chelsea. With the breaks they were making on counter attacks in the first half, we were lucky not to be a couple down at half time. I thought Verm and Kos were great today.
dj_jonty_uk
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:03 pm

StokeNorwichWBAStokeNorWicHWBAStokeNorwichWBAStokeNorwichWBAStokeNorwichWBAStokeNorwichWBA..........................................................
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Massa » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:04 pm

StokeNorwichWBAStokeNorwichWBAStokeNorwichWBAStokeNorwichWBAStokeNorwichWBAv
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Leody » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:07 pm

2 points from 18 without Arteta in the midfield this season. That's a wonderful stat... :rolleyes:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:36 pm

The only positive today was that Santos was superb on the wing.
I hate to say it but in the 20 minutes he was on he was actually more effective than Ox. Ox just couldn't make an impact today.
Kos was great as well and unlucky with his header.

Rosicky was good until he was taken off due to his virus and Ramsey was absolute and total tosh AGAIN. Can't believe how many times Torres picked his pocket like taking candy from a baby. He didn't get the message Ramsey did he?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby ivan itchybum » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:36 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:Gervinho was actually pretty good today, looked lively and created chances

Actually I agree. So all except him were muck. He was decent

+1 hope he can keep that up, miles better than ox today
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Est83 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Asside from the three times Ramsey got caught, I didn't think he did badly at all. The whole game was cagey, he couldn't do much.

Theo was dog shite. He screwed up one of the counters with a retarded run.

Ox didn't do much but I really hope he's given the next game to see what he could do as well, he needs a run.

Song was top notch again, found a few of those near-assists again.

Defence was solid other than a few divvy long balls... Koscienly's fly-kick was a nice touch.

RvP only came into the game once Gervinho came on and started to link up with him. Ox tried with a few inside runs, but Walcott was null and void, stayed out and didn't link with RvP at all.

With the 0-0 we need to make sure we start getting some higher scores... with Totscum's games in hand it might well come down to goal difference.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:11 pm

Inchpractice wrote:The only positive today was that Santos was superb on the wing.
I hate to say it but in the 20 minutes he was on he was actually more effective than Ox. Ox just couldn't make an impact today.

Rosicky was good until he was taken off due to his virus and Ramsey was absolute and total tosh AGAIN. Can't believe how many times Torres picked his pocket like taking candy from a baby. He didn't get the message Ramsey did he?

AOC's problem was he wouldn't stay in position. He wanted to play everywhere except the left side. Cutting in from the flank is fine, never going back is not. Ramsey had an appalling first half but second he didn't do anything wrong, played some good passes too. The one time he got robbed was because of a hospital ball from Santos. Speaking of whom I didn't notice him do anything noteworthy except putting in a couple exceptionally dreadful crosses
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:32 pm

Things that I've learned from this match:
1)Gervinho is much much better on the right. I wonder why he plays on the left all this time. And I am not just talking about him at AFC. He also plays on the left for Cote d'Ivoire.
2)Santos is more comfortable playing in front of Gibbs. No threats from Chelsea's right side since he came in. And he's got more tricks than Ox, Gervinho or Arshavin. Not always work, but it gives us unpredictability. And strangely I think he linked up quite well with RvP.
3)Ramsey can do some neat defending. His decision making and especially his awareness was awful as always though.
4)Except for LB, I think we've already had real successors of Adams & co. Sagna is the best RB in EPL and at their best, Vermaelen and Koscielny can't be penetrated by almost any attacks.
5)Walcott is not effective at all with no support from Sagna or at least a midfielder.
6)Szczesny is quickly turning into the best GK in EPL since Schmeichel. He did nothing in this match, but his commanding presence was awesome.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Fran Solo wrote:Things that I've learned from this match:
1)Gervinho is much much better on the right. I wonder why he plays on the left all this time. And I am not just talking about him at AFC. He also plays on the left for Cote d'Ivoire.
2)Santos is more comfortable playing in front of Gibbs. No threats from Chelsea's right side since he came in. And he's got more tricks than Ox, Gervinho or Arshavin. Not always work, but it gives us unpredictability. And strangely I think he linked up quite well with RvP.
3)Ramsey can do some neat defending. His decision making and especially his awareness was awful as always though.
4)Except for LB, I think we've already had real successors of Adams & co. Sagna is the best RB in EPL and at their best, Vermaelen and Koscielny can't be penetrated by almost any attacks.
5)Walcott is not effective at all with no support from Sagna or at least a midfielder.
6)Szczesny is quickly turning into the best GK in EPL since Schmeichel. He did nothing in this match, but his commanding presence was awesome.

1) Don't think it was really to do with his position, as he popped up on the left a few times too. He just had a better game than normal.
2) Didn't think he did all that well to be honest
3) Got in for a few tackles, but wouldn't have needed to if he didn't give the ball away
4) I don't think the organisation or aerial ability is there, and they play out a lot more than the famous 4
5) He sometimes does well against teams that leave space in behind them... that's it. Chelsea had plenty of room behind them and he was still invisible.
6) A little early to be making that comparison... Schmeichel is the second greatest keeper of all time. Sneezy's good, but he's nowhere near Schmeichel level yet
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Trequartista » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:48 pm

Inchpractice wrote:The only positive today was that Santos was superb on the wing.

Wenger should of played Ox more recentlly to keep his streak of good form sharp
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Arsenal v Chelsea | Premiership 21/04/2012

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:04 pm

0-0 isn't a bad result :dontknow:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Well i am being positive. At least we did not lose. We have that 3rd place finish in our own hands.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:25 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:0-0 isn't a bad result :dontknow:

No, it isn't.

But looking at how we have played against QPR and Wigan, and then today's display ... That's what's bad.

A point against a close rival like Chelsea is never a bad result though. Just stings knowing you played like shit and got the result, so where could we have gotten with a better display...
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Leody wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:0-0 isn't a bad result :dontknow:

No, it isn't.

But looking at how we have played against QPR and Wigan, and then today's display ... That's what's bad.

A point against a close rival like Chelsea is never a bad result though. Just stings knowing you played like shit and got the result, so where could we have gotten with a better display...

You must see the context in which the game took place.

Chelsea totally stretched with fixture congestion.

Drogba missing.

We are only competing for the league and relatively more fresh.

We were playing at home.

Chavs are a team of old farts whom we tore open in their own backyard.

We were coming off a poor result against Wigan and this was a must win game for us in view of above factors.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12