Wolverhampton v Arsenal | Premiership 11/04/2012

Re: Wolverhampton v Arsenal | Premiership 11/04/2012

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:28 pm

Boxer wrote::rofll: all the back tracking.......

that thread said "NOW",,and at the time they where :lol: humble pie anyone??

humble pie tastes damn good when you're above the yiddos
and there are very few comments in that thread that basically say "yes, they are better than us, the tide has turned in North London for ever" or whatever, most of them are just saying they are better than us right now, which at the time, was undebatable
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Everything I said in that thread I stand by actually, think I'd still make a joint team 6-5 to us
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:36 pm

I felt like we were swimming against the tide in there as well, but knew that Spuds would tail off at some point. People were actually saying that only RvP and Verms could get into their team ffs.

People gotta stay calm in the face of adversity! Look at them now, even with their scabby man shitty ringer....
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:38 pm

PLF wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:good result, but we probably should have put more past them

you can't be satisfied can ya. we needed to win, nothing more nothing less.

Pretty sure it was more of a comment than a complaint.

3-0 away from home, 3 points in the same game week that saw Totscum lose... everyone's satisfied with that.

BUT... being against 10 men - 10 out of form, out of confidence men, playing for a caretaker manager - for 80+ minutes, going 2-0 up after 11 minutes... you would expect more than 1 goal in the remaining 79 minutes.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby PLF » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Arshavinfan wrote:Tottenham and Newcastle are level on points. That is how much they have fallen - an end of season collapse that, if it continues, will surpass even our collapse of last season.

I am loving this. All the media talk of Spurs being the best club in London and how they'd "surpassed" us. Pathetic. I was slated in the "Are Tottenham better than us now?" thread for saying this:

No, [Tottenham] are not [better than us]. It is only simple minded reactionaries that would argue that they are.

I am finally getting vindication for what I said. I knew people were knee-jerking in reaction to Tottenham's brief moment near the sun - but like Icarus, Spurs got too close and burned - and I called them on it. I was right. I was right, damnit.

Bringing up threads like this one really shows who knows anything about football and who doesn't know much. Most supporters have become simple minded reactionaries indeed, just following the media's opinion.
Of course Tottenham wasn't , is not and will probably never be better than us. At least not as long as Arsene is our manager.
PLF

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:41 pm

PLF wrote:
Arshavinfan wrote:Tottenham and Newcastle are level on points. That is how much they have fallen - an end of season collapse that, if it continues, will surpass even our collapse of last season.

I am loving this. All the media talk of Spurs being the best club in London and how they'd "surpassed" us. Pathetic. I was slated in the "Are Tottenham better than us now?" thread for saying this:

No, [Tottenham] are not [better than us]. It is only simple minded reactionaries that would argue that they are.

I am finally getting vindication for what I said. I knew people were knee-jerking in reaction to Tottenham's brief moment near the sun - but like Icarus, Spurs got too close and burned - and I called them on it. I was right. I was right, damnit.

Bringing up threads like this one really shows who knows anything about football and who doesn't know much. Most supporters have become simple minded reactionaries indeed, just following the media's opinion.
Of course Tottenham wasn't , is not and will probably never be better than us. At least not as long as Arsene is our manager.

oh shit, we're f***ked when Wenger dies then
might as well pack up the club and dissolve its assets when that happens, eh?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:44 pm

Not just form. That was at the time when we were in a hole injury wise while they were playing with a full 1st 11.

The defence we played today is the 18th different combination that Wenger has had to field this season.

18th!!!!!

What other team could state that. Defo not Spuds, Shitty or even Manure with all their injuries....
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Hammered Pizza » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Why did RVP play the full 90? 5 days is a decent rest, but I can't even remember the last game he didn't feature in.
I'm out, pushed before I could jump.
It was fun.

Burn short, burn bright.
Always Arsenal.

My other haunt.
Hammered Pizza
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:48 pm

PLF wrote:

Chill with the Arsene love, its starting to get creepy. Others have said it, but i'll reiterate. Hes not the only manager that could bring success to Arsenal, many have done it for decades before him and will do it again after he retires. He has been collosal for us in my lifetime, but thats not to say that another manager wont be able to bring us trophies.

You do know that Spuds arent going to magically become better than us the day AW retires right?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Hammered Pizza wrote:Why did RVP play the full 90? 5 days is a decent rest, but I can't even remember the last game he didn't feature in.

That horse ligament transplant really did the trick. Its true though, why not chuck Chamakh on after 70 minutes? He does it when were losing, why not when there is literally no chance of us not winning?

Unless Wenger has got him as cap on his fantasy league...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:56 pm

We got the shortest coversage on MotD... literally the shortest. There were three or four shots shown in the highlights, then they spoke for a minute, replayed the first goal (and only the first goal) and that was it!

I didn't watch the rest though, so I don't know how in depth the others were :hiding: might be complaining about nothing :biggrin:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:01 am

Disappointed I missed this one, but glad we got the three points. Onwards and Upwards!

:arse flag.gif: :grouphug: :arse flag.gif:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby starmandb » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:31 am

mg86 wrote:Not happy until 3 up

forget your troubles come on get happy
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Dejan » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:35 am

inb4 starman quotes gooney.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Maxduke » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:50 am

gooney wrote:Call me crazy, but we will lose here. Since yesterday everyone is saying we have secured third, everyone say its guaranteed win. just like QPR, Wolves are fighting for their lives here. Will we match their desire? I dont think so.

We have a tendency to help teams who are in rotten form. This is Arsenal and games like this we struggled. i told my mate we will lose here, draw against wigan, then beat chelsea and stoke. Thats what Arsenal is all about. No matter how many times we feck up, we never learn from it.

We should slaughter Wolves if we turn up with the same attitude like we did against City. But you just know the same intensity, desire wont be there

DESTROY HIM STARMAN!

Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12