Wolverhampton v Arsenal | Premiership 11/04/2012

Re: Wolverhampton v Arsenal | Premiership 11/04/2012

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:48 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Some players can never do anything right in eyes of some fans :rolleyes:

Did i quote you, take your name.. stop looking at your shoulder ..

who are you talking about then?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:00 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:I noticed nobody said anything about Djourou? World didn't end? Universe didn't implode simply because he was at the back?

Was very good yesterday indeed, clean sheet at Villa, clean sheet yesterday, just goes to show that in the right situation, and the right position, he is an effective defender. More than good enough for 4th choice IMO.

it's not like he had anything to do though

deflected a berra header over after he had outjumped the defence.tidied up from zubar after we were caught a little square and a late surging run similar to the 1 pre ramseys goal in marseille.
on a night when we won away 3-0 against relegation candidates you don,t really expect to see much desperate defending.
djourou gave a good account of himself and did what was needed
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Fran Solo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Djourou is a good player. Just like Ramsey, Bendner and Arshavin. They are good enough for most clubs. Maybe Djourou will have a hard time against players like Drogba or Ibrahimovic or Rooney, but I am sure he can handle di Santo or Rodallega.
I worry more about Santos. He plays for Brazilian national team, but just like Mertesacker, he has not played good enough so far. Wigan's most dangerous player is Moses. I hope Vermaelen will help Santos deal with Moses. Sagna is much better than Maloney though.
Arteta and Song won't have much trouble against McCarthy and Mc Arthur and whoever will play in their midfield.
And hopefully our wingers will penetrate more than usual because they play with three CB with no fullback lately.
The next two matches won't be easy with Wigan fighting for survival and Chelsea playing for 4th place. Luckily it will be a home fixture. If we win these two, then I think 3rd place is almost guaranteed because next fixture will be against Stoke, Norwich and WBA. Three midtable teams that are already safe from relegation, but not in competition for Europa League position. They won't have enough motivation to go for broke against us.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ivan itchybum » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Fran Solo wrote:Djourou is a good player. Just like Ramsey, Bendner and Arshavin. They are good enough for most clubs. Maybe Djourou will have a hard time against players like Drogba or Ibrahimovic or Rooney, but I am sure he can handle di Santo or Rodallega.
I worry more about Santos. He plays for Brazilian national team, but just like Mertesacker, he has not played good enough so far. Wigan's most dangerous player is Moses. I hope Vermaelen will help Santos deal with Moses. Sagna is much better than Maloney though.
Arteta and Song won't have much trouble against McCarthy and Mc Arthur and whoever will play in their midfield.
And hopefully our wingers will penetrate more than usual because they play with three CB with no fullback lately.
The next two matches won't be easy with Wigan fighting for survival and Chelsea playing for 4th place. Luckily it will be a home fixture. If we win these two, then I think 3rd place is almost guaranteed because next fixture will be against Stoke, Norwich and WBA. Three midtable teams that are already safe from relegation, but not in competition for Europa League position. They won't have enough motivation to go for broke against us.

wrong thread?

should probably be put in the wigan one no? good post though.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Fran Solo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:52 pm

Oh? I'll cut and paste, Mate. :D
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12