Arsenal v Man City | Premiership 08/04/2012

Re: Arsenal v Man City | Premiership 08/04/2012

Postby Swan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:00 pm

did you guys really think something was going to happen.. doesn't surprise me one bit
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TRA Dial Square » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:03 pm

Yeah I did... Balo's not a GHEL! He was supposed to get punishment.

But on the other hand, it was against Arsenal :rolleyes:
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Swan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:17 am

supposed to does not mean he was going to..
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Fact is, the FA NORMALLY Punish the "foreign" players and let the GHEL's (Lampard, Rooney etc) get away with it.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Just to add, where do we go from here? Do we follow Rugby League and allow the ref to put incidents on 'report' if he wasn't too clear what happened and doesn't want to make a wrong decision based on what he 'thought' he saw?

I do like that in Rugby League but I feel we don't see enough cards when needed as it's an easy way out for the ref.

In my opinion, when it's that bad... I don't care if the ref saw it or not there should be a ban after the fact.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Leody wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Just to add, where do we go from here? Do we follow Rugby League and allow the ref to put incidents on 'report' if he wasn't too clear what happened and doesn't want to make a wrong decision based on what he 'thought' he saw?

I do like that in Rugby League but I feel we don't see enough cards when needed as it's an easy way out for the ref.

In my opinion, when it's that bad... I don't care if the ref saw it or not there should be a ban after the fact.

Exactly.
WTF difference does it make if the ref saw it or not? Is he so untouchable that he's not allowed to be wrong?

Why can't the FA just say "Yes the ref saw it but on review we don't think he gave it the correct punishment so we're overruling him - red card, 5-match ban."

Not hard is it?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby mg86 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:46 pm

Why can't action be done against Andy Carroll then or Ashley Young for their blatant cheating by diving? You have video of the incident, just because they referree didn't have a good angle of it in the game and should have made call, how is that fair to the team who lost because of the wrongfully awarded penalty? The least you could do is add a yellow card to that diving players tally as some reinbursement.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:30 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Leody wrote:

Exactly.
WTF difference does it make if the ref saw it or not? Is he so untouchable that he's not allowed to be wrong?

Why can't the FA just say "Yes the ref saw it but on review we don't think he gave it the correct punishment so we're overruling him - red card, 5-match ban."

Not hard is it?

exactly
all this bollocks about "respecting the referee's decision" is undermining their authority, not strengthening it
it makes it look like they stand behind a decision that the entire world can see is blatantly wrong
they would be far more respected if they were able to go "oh, I cocked that up a bit, didn't I" and then dish out justice
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Swan » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:48 am

TRA Dial Square wrote:Fact is, the FA NORMALLY Punish the "foreign" players and let the GHEL's (Lampard, Rooney etc) get away with it.

i'm not disagreeing with ya at all i just knew they wouldn't do anything..

in your other post the last part surely has some to do with it..
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12