Arsenal v AC Milan | Champions League QF 2nd leg

Re: Arsenal v AC Milan | Champions League QF 2nd leg

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:39 pm

Cant fault the lads effort last night. Everyone gave it thier all.

On the flip side, Gervinho and Theo were piss poor going forward and I know our sqaud was f***ked but I firmly believe that is OX was playing right-mid against that shite left-back then we would have probably gotten those four goals becuase the one time we did run at him, the left back was all over the place and gave away a penalty.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby thrice » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:40 pm

did we have any midfielders on the bench? Because that's what we needed in the 2nd half. Not 2 strikers
thrice
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:47 pm

21 Fabianski
20 Djourou
25 Jenkinson
49 Miquel
53 Ozyakup
09 Park Chu-Young
29 Chamakh

That was our bench.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:18 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:21 Fabianski
20 Djourou
25 Jenkinson
49 Miquel
53 Ozyakup
09 Park Chu-Young
29 Chamakh

That was our bench.

ozyakup was getting ready to come on around the 70th minute too i think? O well I would have liked to see him
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby mg86 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:02 pm

Campbell and Vela would have made a difference for us this game compared to Chamakh and Park. We need to sell those two, they haven't measured up. Djourou will get displaced by Bartley I hope and Miquel by Mertesacker (though I like him). Other than that Arteta, Santos and Arshavin would have made up the rest, that would have been a damn fine bench but for injuries.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Massa » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:26 pm

mg86 wrote:Campbell and Vela would have made a difference for us this game compared to Chamakh and Park. We need to sell those two, they haven't measured up. Djourou will get displaced by Bartley I hope and Miquel by Mertesacker (though I like him). Other than that Arteta, Santos and Arshavin would have made up the rest, that would have been a damn fine bench but for injuries.

Benayoun, Ramsey & Gervinho. Would also be on the bench. But let's not torture ourselves
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby thrice » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:16 pm

mg86 wrote:Campbell and Vela would have made a difference for us this game compared to Chamakh and Park. We need to sell those two, they haven't measured up. Djourou will get displaced by Bartley I hope and Miquel by Mertesacker (though I like him). Other than that Arteta, Santos and Arshavin would have made up the rest, that would have been a damn fine bench but for injuries.

How exactly? Our midfield was empty. We had no one to pass the ball into the final 3rd
thrice
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Arsenal v AC Milan | Champions League QF 2nd leg

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:23 pm

mg86 wrote:Campbell and Vela would have made a difference for us this game compared to Chamakh and Park.

Kevin or Sol? :sneaky:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby AFC10 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:01 pm

With Rambo or Arteta on the bench they would of made the difference easy i think. As soon as Chambo went off it left a big whole in midfield which we dominated all game with our attacks.

ITV don't help replaying RVP's miss over and over again :(
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:18 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:Where are the f***ing boos coming from?

That better not be our lot...

it was for the ref
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Massa wrote:We could've put on Jenkinson and moved Gibbs up the wing. Looks like we reallly did need Arshavin. Can't blame Wenger though. Gervinho was also poor.

Who else would have preferred a 0-0?

you,re on your own there.
always want to win
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:42 pm

JohnGooner wrote:
Artillero wrote:I do rate Gervinho. Sure, the lack of end product makes him look bad sometimes, but I like the team better with him on the pitch.

Did he do one thing right tonight? looked like losing ball after ball.

fine link up play with song to release walcott for the cross that lead to rosickys goal
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:14 am

mrbuff wrote:I know everyone is praising the effort and getting to 3-0 but we let it go in my opinion. We had half time to get rallied up and the whole second half to make them sweat and we didn't. They bossed that second half.
Maybe it's the wrong time to be negative but once it looked like it was possible we lost our confidence. Would the second half had gone that way if man united were in the same position at old trafford or even Liverpool at Anfield.
Just sad really the opportunity was there to make history

do you mean like man utd 3-0 up against ajax in the europa league this season and ending up hanging on in 2 mins injury time to avoid an away goal? or liverpool in last seasons europa league losing 1-0 at braga and then failing to score at home against a side who we managed to score 6 against?
starmandb

Postby ivan itchybum » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:02 am

starmandb wrote:
mrbuff wrote:I know everyone is praising the effort and getting to 3-0 but we let it go in my opinion. We had half time to get rallied up and the whole second half to make them sweat and we didn't. They bossed that second half.
Maybe it's the wrong time to be negative but once it looked like it was possible we lost our confidence. Would the second half had gone that way if man united were in the same position at old trafford or even Liverpool at Anfield.
Just sad really the opportunity was there to make history

do you mean like man utd 3-0 up against ajax in the europa league this season and ending up hanging on in 2 mins injury time to avoid an away goal? or liverpool in last seasons europa league losing 1-0 at braga and then failing to score at home against a side who we managed to score 6 against?

:hail:
the boys done very well
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Massa » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:12 pm

starmandb wrote:
Massa wrote:We could've put on Jenkinson and moved Gibbs up the wing. Looks like we reallly did need Arshavin. Can't blame Wenger though. Gervinho was also poor.

Who else would have preferred a 0-0?

you,re on your own there.
always want to win

I think that was just the bitterness of having the dream dangled but then taken away.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12