Arsenal v AC Milan | Champions League QF 2nd leg

Re: Arsenal v AC Milan | Champions League QF 2nd leg

Postby billie86 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:35 pm

I think the lads did as much as they could given the circumstances, kept a clean sheet whilst being very attacking, scored 3 (very nearly 4) and put in a lot of effort. You could see they tired second half, would have been nice to have some quality back up to put on for the last 30 minutes. On the down side if we would have put in the same effort during the 1st leg i believe we would still be in the champions league, annoying that its taken so much criticism of the teams effort for them to come out fighting, surely on the wages they all get paid and if they have any desire to win competitions they should be putting in 100% effort week in week out?
Another downside of the game i felt was gervinho, he seems to have no skill to beat a player or exceptional pace in place of the lack of skills, abate dealt with him comfortably, all he seemed to do was run straight and try a few shimmy's, at that level that isnt really enough. Also with the van persie chance in the second half i dont think it should have needed van persie to put the ball in the net, gervinho should have been more clinical in my opinion and a world class player like ribery, messi, hazard, ronaldo would have bursted forward when they received the ball and finished, sure he isn't a bad player but he is never going to win us a game out of nothing either.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Arsenal v AC Milan | Champions League QF 2nd leg

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:39 pm

billie86 wrote:Another downside of the game i felt was gervinho, he seems to have no skill to beat a player or exceptional pace in place of the lack of skills, abate dealt with him comfortably, all he seemed to do was run straight and try a few shimmy's, at that level that isnt really enough. Also with the van persie chance in the second half i dont think it should have needed van persie to put the ball in the net, gervinho should have been more clinical in my opinion

+1

billie86 wrote: sure he isn't a bad player but he is never going to win us a game out of nothing either

+1

We need somebody who is far more prolific in front of the goal cos when you play with one up front your two wide forwards have to f*ckin score..
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12