Liverpool v Arsenal | Premiership 03/03/2012

Re: Liverpool v Arsenal | Premiership 03/03/2012

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:02 am

gooner_7890 wrote:I went absolutely mental when Van Persie scored the winner, i was buzzing for the rest of the day.

I thought Gibbs had a great game too, he certainly showed why we should stick with him despite his poor injury record.

Are you serious, he leaves us bare down his side all the time. Where was he for their goal?

My problem with him is he's good going forward but doesn't always get back if we're hit on the counter. Hopefullly as he matures and gains more experience he'll get better, but for me he's not doing it defending... Also I think he was at fault for spurs goal(s) last week.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:04 am

ArsenalN5 wrote::lol:

there was contact... but it wasn't toe-to-toe, it was shins
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby thrice » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:10 am

he was already flying before the "touch"
thrice
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:12 am

thrice wrote:he was already flying before the "touch"

it's irrelevant, there was contact

ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:40 am

gooner_7890 wrote:I went absolutely mental when Van Persie scored the winner, i was buzzing for the rest of the day.

I don't think we deserved to win the match yesterday but there were some very good performances from some of our players. Sagna was immense and his cross for Van Persie's first goal was top class. I thought Gibbs had a great game too, he certainly showed why we should stick with him despite his poor injury record. Robin proved once again why he's the best player in the Premier League, his second goal was fantastic and credit to Song for another brilliant assist. I thought Szczesny was our MOTM though, some of his saves were brilliant and he single-handedly kept us in the game during the first-half.

deserve?
i don,t make excuses for us
i,m damn sure i aint going to do it for another team.
winning is everything and i would rather win in this fashion than draw or lose with 65 per cent possession and all the corners under the sun.
had bendtner scored at the neu camp would it have meant because of a lack of attacking threat. we did,nt deserve it
we would have been in the hat
all that matters.
we won,t win like this every game and defensive issues still need sorting out
but i would rather see a press conference about us winning than excuses about tiredness and poor pitchs etc.
win is the only meaningfull message i want mr wenger to impart.
szny did have a fine game yesterday and after a bit of a dip it was great to see him perform to a high standard.
but you must remember sagna taking the ball off downings foot as he was about to pull the trigger.
lucky arsenal is 1 thing we did,nt have a lot of it in the 2001 cup final we got a slice yesterday
but don,t deserve?
i won,t have it
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:22 pm

this is quality

ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:25 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:

irrelevant, there wasn't enough contact to go down
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:26 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
ivan itchybum wrote:

+1
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Only just watched the highlights. How average did koscielny look?! He let suarez skip past him before the penalty and that own goal is typical of the sort of mistake he is liable to make at any moment during a game!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Boxer wrote:
starmandb wrote:deserve?
winning is everything and i would rather win in this fashion than draw or lose with 65 per cent possession and all the corners under the sun.
had bendtner scored at the neu camp would it have meant because of a lack of attacking threat. we did,nt deserve it
all that matters.
but i would rather see a press conference about us winning than excuses about tiredness and poor pitchs etc.
szny did have a fine game yesterday and after a bit of a dip it was great to see him perform to a high standard.
but you must remember sagna taking the ball off downings foot as he was about to pull the trigger.
lucky arsenal is 1 thing we did,nt have a lot of it in the 2001 cup final we got a slice yesterday
but don,t deserve?
i won,t have it

well said........i would take a 1-0 own goal win any day of the week.

i think some people on here need to follow another team, to many jcl glory boys :shock:

ssst. Its just ignorant that when we dominate and create tons of chances but fail to win, that the term: 'we deserved to win' is all over the place. And now were getting dominated for 90 minutes long and some dont have to balls to admit that we didnt deserve to win. Liverpool were unlucky. They hit the post 3 times, thats not being shit, thats being unlucky. Which means being lucky for us.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
ivan itchybum wrote:

+1

+1000

Its gotten to the stage when contact is the be all and end all of penalty decisions and some sort of yard stick to excuse the sort of diving that Bale and Suarez take great pleasure in profiting from.

This is bullshit. There was a time when you had to commit a foul to get a pen but now its literally players running into the box, sticking their leg out to ensure contact, writhing around on the floor holding their shin, then getting up as soon as the ref has pointed to the spot.

Theres literally no honour in the game anymore and the governing bodies are complicit in that. And comments like 'but there was contact' is literally just people having been brainwashed into that way of thinking.

What i would like to see is refs using common sense.

If they know that the players body movement after supposed contact isnt natural, no pen.
If they were going down before supposed contact, no pen.
If there was no contact at all, no pen.

If any of the above situations happen and there was clear gamesmanship happening, a card at the time and or retrospective punishment should be standard.

A few suspensions and diving would be eradictated from the game within half a season.

I f***ing hate diving c**** and the refs that pander to their cowardly actions.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:42 pm

I still havent seen that there was contact :?
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:44 pm

Dejan wrote:
Boxer wrote:
all that matters.
but don,t deserve?
i won,t have it

i think some people on here need to follow another team, to many jcl glory boys :shock:

ssst. Its just ignorant that when we dominate and create tons of chances but fail to win, that the term: 'we deserved to win' is all over the place. And now were getting dominated for 90 minutes long and some dont have to balls to admit that we didnt deserve to win. Liverpool were unlucky. They hit the post 3 times, thats not being shit, thats being unlucky. Which means being lucky for us.

hitting the post 3 times isn't being shit, but it's still not being good enough
I don't understand why a shot that isn't even on target is classed as an "almost". A tame shot straight at the keeper is better than a shot that hits the woodwork and stays out, just ask Matt Le Tissier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMpjRfOmTjM
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:47 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Boxer wrote:
all that matters.
but don,t deserve?
i won,t have it

hitting the post 3 times isn't being shit, but it's still not being good enough
I don't understand why a shot that isn't even on target is classed as an "almost". A tame shot straight at the keeper is better than a shot that hits the woodwork and stays out, just ask Matt Le Tissier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMpjRfOmTjM

oh Rvp's 2 chips earlier in the season that were quality(cant remember against who) came down to not being good enough?
Thefuck. Thats just being unlucky man.

not even going to argue.
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:50 pm

Zedie wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
ivan itchybum wrote:

+1

+1000

Its gotten to the stage when contact is the be all and end all of penalty decisions and some sort of yard stick to excuse the sort of diving that Bale and Suarez take great pleasure in profiting from.

This is bullshit. There was a time when you had to commit a foul to get a pen but now its literally players running into the box, sticking their leg out to ensure contact, writhing around on the floor holding their shin, then getting up as soon as the ref has pointed to the spot.

Theres literally no honour in the game anymore and the governing bodies are complicit in that. And comments like 'but there was contact' is literally just people having been brainwashed into that way of thinking.

What i would like to see is refs using common sense.

If they know that the players body movement after supposed contact isnt natural, no pen.
If they were going down before supposed contact, no pen.
If there was no contact at all, no pen.

If any of the above situations happen and there was clear gamesmanship happening, a card at the time and or retrospective punishment should be standard.

A few suspensions and diving would be eradictated from the game within half a season.

I f***ing hate diving **** and the refs that pander to their cowardly actions.

As I said a few weeks ago:

viewtopic.php?t=21487#p662774

Plymouth Gooner wrote:I think the game has been ruined by things like banning tackles from behind. For every serious injury there are hundreds of brilliantly timed tackles that win the ball.

Such laws encourage diving and encourage players to ask for opponents to be booked. These two things should be banned before two footed lunges.

Video evidence should be used and anyone diving or feigning injury should get a season long ban. It is cheating and is as bad as taking performance enhancing drugs imo.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12