RVP gestures to Kelly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWRZmrhb ... ata_player

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: Liverpool v Arsenal | Premiership 03/03/2012

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:11 pm

Dejan wrote:oh Rvp's 2 chips earlier in the season that were quality(cant remember against who) came down to not being good enough?
Thefuck. Thats just being unlucky man.

not even going to argue.

like I said, they were good, but not quite good enough
I'm sure if you ask Robin he'd much rather score a tap in from a metre out than nearly score with a glorious chip
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:31 pm

The referees are part of the problem with diving though...they actually encourage it IMO. So often if you see a player get clearly fouled in the box not sprawl over like they've been shot they don't get a penalty. I've seen it time and time again when a player has tried to stay on his feet after a foul but had the chance pass him by because he was kicked/tucked back/pushed etc. and no penalty is given.

Unless you fall on the floor as if two steps from death you don't get penalties...which essentially encourages this kind of BS.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:35 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:this is quality

ROFL - the "GOAL" part looks like it appears from their chest bump.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Myrmedus wrote:The referees are part of the problem with diving though...they actually encourage it IMO. So often if you see a player get clearly fouled in the box not sprawl over like they've been shot they don't get a penalty. I've seen it time and time again when a player has tried to stay on his feet after a foul but had the chance pass him by because he was kicked/tucked back/pushed etc. and no penalty is given.

Unless you fall on the floor as if two steps from death you don't get penalties...which essentially encourages this kind of BS.

agreed, although sometimes the refs do give it... I remember Walcott being fouled in one of our CL games (don't remember which one) and he tried to keep going, but the spot kick was given

mostly I think it's gutless refereeing, they're worried they'll be criticised if it doesn't look like an obvious foul, so they don't want to give it if no one goes down
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Diaby2AFC wrote:RVP gestures to Kelly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWRZmrhb ... ata_player

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ThereIsBearCum wrote:this is quality

:hail:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:46 pm

I tried to set that gif as my avatar earlier but its file size is too big :(
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:49 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:I tried to set that gif as my avatar earlier but its file size is too big :(

likewise, the quality's too high
I blame RVP for that
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:32 pm

Dejan wrote:
Boxer wrote:
starmandb wrote:deserve?
i don,t make excuses for us
i,m damn sure i aint going to do it for another team.
winning is everything and i would rather win in this fashion than draw or lose with 65 per cent possession and all the corners under the sun.
had bendtner scored at the neu camp would it have meant because of a lack of attacking threat. we did,nt deserve it
we would have been in the hat
all that matters.
we won,t win like this every game and defensive issues still need sorting out
but i would rather see a press conference about us winning than excuses about tiredness and poor pitchs etc.
win is the only meaningfull message i want mr wenger to impart.
szny did have a fine game yesterday and after a bit of a dip it was great to see him perform to a high standard.
but you must remember sagna taking the ball off downings foot as he was about to pull the trigger.
lucky arsenal is 1 thing we did,nt have a lot of it in the 2001 cup final we got a slice yesterday
but don,t deserve?
i won,t have it

well said........i would take a 1-0 own goal win any day of the week.

i think some people on here need to follow another team, to many jcl glory boys :shock:

ssst. Its just ignorant that when we dominate and create tons of chances but fail to win, that the term: 'we deserved to win' is all over the place. And now were getting dominated for 90 minutes long and some dont have to balls to admit that we didnt deserve to win. Liverpool were unlucky. They hit the post 3 times, thats not being shit, thats being unlucky. Which means being lucky for us.

as i said i never make an excuse
if we don,t score more than the other team we don,t deserve to win.
i would say a debateable penalty and a hopefull ball into the area turned into our own goal constitutes good fortune but labouring the point is pointless it was the hand dealt, deal with it, you only draw your breath for bad luck.
try taking a betting slip up to the window coz your team deserved it
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:39 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:The referees are part of the problem with diving though...they actually encourage it IMO. So often if you see a player get clearly fouled in the box not sprawl over like they've been shot they don't get a penalty. I've seen it time and time again when a player has tried to stay on his feet after a foul but had the chance pass him by because he was kicked/tucked back/pushed etc. and no penalty is given.

agreed, although sometimes the refs do give it... I remember Walcott being fouled in one of our CL games (don't remember which one) and he tried to keep going, but the spot kick was given

mostly I think it's gutless refereeing, they're worried they'll be criticised if it doesn't look like an obvious foul, so they don't want to give it if no one goes down

is it the game just before xmas at villa when theo had his shirt tugged?
starmandb

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Zedie wrote:Its gotten to the stage when contact is the be all and end all of penalty decisions and some sort of yard stick to excuse the sort of diving that Bale and Suarez take great pleasure in profiting from.

This is bullshit. There was a time when you had to commit a foul to get a pen but now its literally players running into the box, sticking their leg out to ensure contact, writhing around on the floor holding their shin, then getting up as soon as the ref has pointed to the spot.

Theres literally no honour in the game anymore and the governing bodies are complicit in that. And comments like 'but there was contact' is literally just people having been brainwashed into that way of thinking.

What i would like to see is refs using common sense.

If they know that the players body movement after supposed contact isnt natural, no pen.
If they were going down before supposed contact, no pen.
If there was no contact at all, no pen.

If any of the above situations happen and there was clear gamesmanship happening, a card at the time and or retrospective punishment should be standard.

A few suspensions and diving would be eradictated from the game within half a season.

I f***ing hate diving **** and the refs that pander to their cowardly actions.

I heartily agree with that, especially the bit in bold.

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:I tried to set that gif as my avatar earlier but its file size is too big :(

likewise, the quality's too high
I blame RVP for that

:grin:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Hammered Pizza » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:59 pm

The 'players making the most of contact' is another legitimate claim for a review system in my opinion. Video technology can help us reach otherwise impossible to draw conclusions.
I'm out, pushed before I could jump.
It was fun.

Burn short, burn bright.
Always Arsenal.

My other haunt.
Hammered Pizza
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby elkanofan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:04 pm

They need to start banning players for at least 15 games per dive with retrospective action, so every time a plyer goes down unnaturally the other team can appeal and get him kicked out of the game. The way diving is now accepted as part and parcel with football says so much about the state of the game today.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12