Sunderland Vs Arsenal | Premiership 11/02/2012

Re: Sunderland Vs Arsenal | Premiership 11/02/2012

Postby Zenith » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:15 pm

Still for a 21 year old he's great, EvdS was a terrible keeper at that age, took him till age 26 before he actually started to show what he was capable of.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby VCC » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:21 pm

watching the game now
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Zenith wrote:Still for a 21 year old he's great, EvdS was a terrible keeper at that age, took him till age 26 before he actually started to show what he was capable of.

Agreed

And as I've said before, I'd rather have him cutting his teeth in the reserve squad while we have a top class keeper as #1. Not cutting his teeth as a #1 costing the first team points.

I'm tired of waiting for potential to develop in the first team, that's what the reserve team is for. And the cameo appearances here and there with the experienced first team.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:25 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
ok, it's clear you don't know anything about keeping
Did you see the pitch? He spilled one shot the entire match, and that took a massive bobble, everything else he held or put out.
What the hell do you want him to do for the goal? The guy's one on one for crying out loud, if Sneezy covers the far post, the striker will have an even easier finish at the near post. Sneezy has been slipping lately, but this was one of his better games lately. Some people will never be happy.

Thank you for the compliment ;)

May be in your eyes Szczesny was not to fault for the goal but its clear to me it was soft goal he conceded. From that angle a top goal keeper as you rate him should not be getting beaten as simple as that.

One of his better games hmm may be then you can give me company in not knowing anything about keeping :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

no keeper in the world would have had a better chance that 50:50 for that shot
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:01 pm

As you yourself have admitted Bearcum , he is not at the top of his form. I agree with the general opinion that he is will be future goal-keeper for a long time to come but right now he looks a little tentative between the sticks. He is kinda blowing kinda hot n cold this season. He was much better towards the end of last season for me..
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Git » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:45 pm

Wenger wrote:Reflecting on whether McClean should have played on, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said: "I thought about it during the game after they scored, but you cannot demand that [play to stop] because you do not know if the guy has gone down through injury or because he slipped.

"It's just in the action, you cannot demand to stop."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/1 ... um=twitter
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby mg86 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Wait up a minute... Mertesacker broke his leg? That looked like a calf strain or severe calf cramp to me from the highlights, you guys think it was a break of the leg? What an unfortunate injury. Gibbs is back though so we can use him or Cocquelin most likely at LB.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Leody » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:59 pm

mg86 wrote:Wait up a minute... Mertesacker broke his leg? That looked like a calf strain or severe calf cramp to me from the highlights, you guys think it was a break of the leg? What an unfortunate injury. Gibbs is back though so we can use him or Cocquelin most likely at LB.

I thought Wenger said it was ankle ligaments...

We'll hear in a day or two what it was for sure. Looked like ligaments to me, there wasn't any strange twist or roll or anything to make it look like a break.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Swan » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:04 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
ok, it's clear you don't know anything about keeping
Did you see the pitch? He spilled one shot the entire match, and that took a massive bobble, everything else he held or put out.
What the hell do you want him to do for the goal? The guy's one on one for crying out loud, if Sneezy covers the far post, the striker will have an even easier finish at the near post. Sneezy has been slipping lately, but this was one of his better games lately. Some people will never be happy.

Thank you for the compliment ;)

May be in your eyes Szczesny was not to fault for the goal but its clear to me it was soft goal he conceded. From that angle a top goal keeper as you rate him should not be getting beaten as simple as that.

One of his better games hmm may be then you can give me company in not knowing anything about keeping :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

i thought he had his angle wrong for the goal but there has to be a mistake for the ball to even get there for the shot in the first place..

thats the thing about being a keeper you f**k up it's in the net
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:29 pm

Just finished watching the game on Footy First. Great result and we deserved it with our performance. We worked hard for it and by the looks of things dominated the game.
Good finish from Ramsey for a change and a vintage touch from Thierry. :)

Now we have the psychological advantage going into the FA Cup game.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunflash » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:08 am

I'm delighted with the win today because it looked like the sort of game we were liable to lose. That Henry goal was brilliant. It's probably his last goal for Arsenal but they said that before...
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:10 am

Gunflash wrote:I'm delighted with the win today because it looked like the sort of game we were liable to lose. That Henry goal was brilliant. It's probably his last goal for Arsenal but they said that before...

Innit. I honestly thought we were going to choke after their goal went in, it seemed like one of those days when we dominated but got f**k all for our troubles.

Amazing result, especially as all those immediately around us lost.

Huge 3 points. Keep on grinding!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:35 am

Big big day in the office well done the lads.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:57 am

Shame about Merts though. I know ive moaned about him, but while he hasnt looked completely assured, hes been a hell of a lot more comfortable than JD or Squilly.

Please god dont make us have to play those two during the run in....
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:12 am

Zenith wrote:for some reason, every time we play in these 2k11/12 blue shirts we manage to fukc the game up, let's hope not this time.

won in marseille and at villa
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12