Sunderland Vs Arsenal | Premiership 11/02/2012

Re: Sunderland Vs Arsenal | Premiership 11/02/2012

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:58 pm

Rev is in charge of the ratings and he hasn't been on.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:19 pm

PLAYER RATINGS UP

Sorry it's late but I have been away this weekend.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:37 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:You guys are expect waaaaaaaaaaay too much of keepers if you think he should have saved that.
One on one and nearly inside the 6 yard box? You're joking, surely? Really, you have to wonder why Kos didn't put a challenge in to put some pressure on the shot, he had all the time in the world to pick his spot and blast it.
]

Could you imagine the outcry if szczes was beaten at the near post? Give a guy a break!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:04 am

Zedie wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:You guys are expect waaaaaaaaaaay too much of keepers if you think he should have saved that.
One on one and nearly inside the 6 yard box? You're joking, surely? Really, you have to wonder why Kos didn't put a challenge in to put some pressure on the shot, he had all the time in the world to pick his spot and blast it.
]

Could you imagine the outcry if szczes was beaten at the near post? Give a guy a break!

IMO, he doesn't deserve the slack he gets. I know he's not perfect, but come on...
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Zedie » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:35 am

SammyGunner11 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
]

IMO, he doesn't deserve the slack he gets. I know he's not perfect, but come on...

I dont think Ches deserves as much stick as he gets purely because he hasnt had anything other than a makeshift defense infront of him all season.

Does he look worse than De Gea? No and he hasnt even got the excuse of having to play infront of a back four consisting of 4 CBs or 3 CBs and a midfielder etc.

We've had a ridiculously turbulent season, partly due to our own stupidity by the management and partly due to the injury gods, but through all of it, szcesney has been one of the lessor concerns.

No keeper is going to keep a clean sheet in every game for a whole season and while he is going to make mistakes, i honestly dont see him any worse than Cech, Reina, De Gea etc.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:47 am

I used to worry MUCH more when we still had Almunia/Fabianski between the two sticks, almost every time actually.
Don't have that feeling with Szczesny.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Swan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:37 am

just because i don't think he was in the best position for the goal doesn't mean i think he is a shit keeper and every shot needs to be saved .. yeah it was a nice strike but yeah i do think he would have saved it if he was in a better position..
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:17 am

any other position would have opened up the near post, there was no better position
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Swan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:27 am

see i don't think it would have opened it up so he couldn't cover it as well from that angle of a shot..
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:33 am

As i have said, the measuring stick is different for different individuals, anyways a similar season by fabianski so far and you would have seen the outcry. Why should he be compared to De Gea , why not to henessey ? why not to krul ? why not friedel? why not howard? why not Reina ? Why not Hart ? So our so called top keeper struggles to make it to top ten based on his years performance this season. I am not calling for his head but he should be judged the same way as any other bloke wearing red and white. He may have great potential but he is error-prone and his form has been just about average this season. Why should the bar be lowered for one and raised for another.
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:35 am

Zedie wrote:
SammyGunner11 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
]

I dont think Ches deserves as much stick as he gets purely because he hasnt had anything other than a makeshift defense infront of him all season.

Does he look worse than De Gea? No and he hasnt even got the excuse of having to play infront of a back four consisting of 4 CBs or 3 CBs and a midfielder etc.

We've had a ridiculously turbulent season, partly due to our own stupidity by the management and partly due to the injury gods, but through all of it, szcesney has been one of the lessor concerns.

No keeper is going to keep a clean sheet in every game for a whole season and while he is going to make mistakes, i honestly dont see him any worse than Cech, Reina, De Gea etc.

Cech and Reina have had some proper cockups, but the bits inbetween have been above the Szczesney standard. Better than De Gea for sure, but I would still have the other two ahead of Szczesney.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:42 am

Swan wrote:see i don't think it would have opened it up so he couldn't cover it as well from that angle of a shot..

at that range, if you are the tiniest bit off of your near post, it's an easy finish
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby shamrock11 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:57 am

Well guys I must say that was a great win on Saturday we looked quite flat for alot of the game McCleans goal livened us up and AW made necessary changes all 3 players played a part in the comeback
OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Swan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:15 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Swan wrote:see i don't think it would have opened it up so he couldn't cover it as well from that angle of a shot..

at that range, if you are the tiniest bit off of your near post, it's an easy finish

again going to have to agree to disagree
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Swan wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:

again going to have to agree to disagree

+1
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12