Arsenal Vs Blackburn |Premiership 04/02/2012

Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn |Premiership 04/02/2012

Postby starmandb » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:47 pm

elkanofan wrote:
starmandb wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:I wouldn't get too carried away by this result, a Samba'less, 10 man Blackburn side at home, should it have gone any other way?

Samba while not a world class defender would not had allowed his team to conciede or play tha badly defensivley

anyway, the most important thing was confidence for us. should give us a kick up the backside and beleif.

samba was in the blackburn team that lost 4 nil at the emirates 3 years ago.
last season he was in the team that lost 7-1 at man utd
he was in the side that lost 6-4 at villa in the league cup semi
and he was in the side that lost 5-3 at wigan a few years ago.
i like the player but superman he ain,t
we did very well yesterday

LOL should had know you would do that, good point. Like we agree, he's not world class by any means i don't think he's better that our top 3 center backs but I'm sure him ripping into Olsson and others would had made a difference somewhat. He has become a leader for them.

Also where do you get your stats from? I knew Blackburn got f***ked 7-1 at Old Trafford last year and i think Samba scored the consolation. I knew about the 4-0 when Eboue scored 2 in that game if I'm not mistaken, also was he part of the 6-2 at the emirates in 2006-07, and there was another 6-2 i think in 2009/10?

The other games i couldn't remember to be fair.

no mate he did,ny play in either of the 6-2,s
andy todd and lucas neill played in 06
and chimbonda and givet played in 09
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:51 pm

starmandb wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Maxduke wrote:Starman can I ask you a genuine question?

Do you ever get bored of coming in here and trying to make people look stupid by quoting them about what they said before the game or in the heat of the moment during the game?

you can.
i never get bored of the arsenal
i never believe we can,t win a game and the last thing i would do in the heat of a game is walk across the room and tap on a computer but each to there own.
i do what we should all do
sing a little louder.
i don,t want people to feel stupid just 100 per cent behind the team.
if you criticize your own it should come with the heaviest of hearts.
i believe we are the best club in the world with the best fans.
just imparting the sheer joy of gooning

Why don't you quote people when they are right ? Nobody is god here to get their forecasts/predictions 100% right ?
Anybody who does not believe we will win ,does not qualify to be a gooner is it? You talk about positivity but how about thinking objectively about our squad and the game? You think any gooner who looks at a team without the arsenal tinted glasses is not true fan is it ? So people should stop voicing whatever they feel for the fear of turning out to be wrong is it ? So according to Starman , the OMT should be locked while the game is on cos anybody doing anything apart from breathing during an Arsenal game is not a gooner ?

Freedom of expression and having the ability to tolerate another person's contrary opinion is what binds this world. Claiming one-upmanship cos you attend matches , ridiculing other who do not , not to be seen commenting on others posts when we loose and loose badly is somthing has been the theme of your posts in matchday threads and if neutrals like Maxduke feel , you are skewed in your opinions , you have to give it a thought mate . I understand you are a passionate gooner but people who do not matches due to various geographical/financial/personal reasons are as much gooners by heart as much as you are.

if you had read all my posts as i have read most of yours you would see that that thing about being at the ground to be a supporter could,nt be further from how i feel.
i am no bigger gunner than anybody who cares for our great club just a gunner.
i often give a well done sir to people who make correct predictions[not that my blessing carries any validation]
i really have no great tactical nouse for the game therefore will not comment on team selection or formation.
i do know how to support a team and whilst i accept there are many ways to do so i will try to impart mine.
i,m sure many can watch a game and tap on a keyboard at the same time but my old gittery does not allow me the abillity.
i don,t regret that.
i like to be wrapped in the game but as a father of teenagers i understand how computers have changed the way we behave.it is just not for me.
i want to make people think not control thoughts.
i can only apologise if it seems heavy handed it is never my intention

You do not have to apologize for anything mate :) . I for one always have never hesitated in appreciating your posts in no uncertain words and you know that . I know you have clarified your stand on attending matches and i accept that. We all get annoyed/depressed when we loose and can't hide our happiness when we win. But one thing which binds all gooners together is their love for Arsenal and you know that very well. Somebody may be commenting that we might loose a particular game in the heat of the moment . But the same person would prefer Arsenal winning and egg all over his face rather than Arsenal loosing and him getting the bragging rights. I have said many times on this very forum that your passion for the team never ceases to amaze me .. Show me one person on this forum who would want his prediction to come true , if he has predicted an Arsenal loss ? He would rather get his prediction wrong than Arsenal loosing. I agree with you that the team needs our 100% backing on the pitch but it can be expressed in various ways.

And i am no teenager mate mate :)
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:06 pm

ok mate,thanks for the kind words.
i,m just a bit old school and prefer to take my fears to the pillow
no offence lady starman.
starmandb

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:23 pm

ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Gunner Down Under » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:37 am

Will watch this game on replay in a few days, I might lose count of the goals for once!
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zenith » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:21 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFJJLnFb40g&list=LLwjr9agrv8D_b3qxQ7f52pA&index=1&feature=plpp_video

:lol: :rofll:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby TRA Dial Square » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:12 pm

starmandb wrote:
S4cePL wrote:also, 59,643 in a 60k capacity stadium with all those empty seats??? lol was Stevie Wonder doing a head count there? lmao

they count tickets sold not people in the ground.
guy next to me now lives in manchester he was there
guy on other side had season ticket since 1966 lives in weybridge he was there
travel chaos with predicted snow yesterday
it took my sister in law 7 hours to get home from dunstable last night.
it would be great if everybody who supports the club lived within an hour of the stadium but as you live in chicago you are probably more than aware that is not the case anymore.
it is a leap of faith and a lot of cash to buy a season ticket and as much as the press like to make out that we are a lot of prawn sandwich munchers it really is,nt the case.
you are lucky to live in a country where snow is a minor irritation
here, a flake and its major traffic nightmare

Definition of ATTENDANCE:

1. The act of attending.

2. The persons or number of persons that are present.

Neither you Starman. Nor AFC can fools us, bro. ;)

When are the club going to learn?
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:58 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:
starmandb wrote:
S4cePL wrote:also, 59,643 in a 60k capacity stadium with all those empty seats??? lol was Stevie Wonder doing a head count there? lmao

it would be great if everybody who supports the club lived within an hour of the stadium but as you live in chicago you are probably more than aware that is not the case anymore.
it is a leap of faith and a lot of cash to buy a season ticket and as much as the press like to make out that we are a lot of prawn sandwich munchers it really is,nt the case.

1. The act of attending.

have no wish to
i just think the amount of attention it gets is another way of digging out the club and its fans.
i see empty seats all over premier league grounds and it does,nt recieve the attention that it does at the arsenal.
starmandb

Postby Leody » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:03 pm

starmandb wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:
starmandb wrote:

1. The act of attending.

have no wish to
i just think the amount of attention it gets is another way of digging out the club and its fans.
i see empty seats all over premier league grounds and it does,nt recieve the attention that it does at the arsenal.

They don't make a point of announcing obviously wrong numbers like we do though, we bring it on ourselves. If they just didn't announce the attendance, nobody would say anything.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Leody wrote:They don't make a point of announcing obviously wrong numbers like we do though, we bring it on ourselves. If they just didn't announce the attendance, nobody would say anything.

How do you know they don't?
In order to know that you'd have to know what the maximum capacity of every ground in the Prem was and then know whether that was correct just by counting the empty seats when watching the highlights on MOTD.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Leody wrote:They don't make a point of announcing obviously wrong numbers like we do though, we bring it on ourselves. If they just didn't announce the attendance, nobody would say anything.

In order to know that you'd have to know what the maximum capacity of every ground in the Prem was and then know whether that was correct just by counting the empty seats when watching the highlights on MOTD.

are there no longer turnstiles?
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:48 pm

VCC wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

are there no longer turnstiles?

I don't think you've understood what we're talking about....
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:15 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -for-henry

Van Persie - I was always looking for Henry

By Joe Brewin

Robin van Persie says helping Thierry Henry score in the Premier League again was always on his mind.

The duo combined for the seventh goal in the emphatic victory over Blackburn – the latter’s 228th strike for the Club - and celebrated in style.

Henry scored the winner in the FA Cup third-round victory over Leeds last month, but prior to Saturday's match he had yet to register in the Premier League after returning to the Club on loan.

"It was great because I wanted him to score,” said the Dutchman. “He scored a fantastic goal in the FA Cup but I wanted him to score in the Premier League as well.

“Every single touch I had I was looking for him. I wanted to play him in.

“And with the last kick of the match, it just happened. The only thing on my mind was passing to Thierry. I wanted him to score and he did."

That's the impression I got in the last ten minutes but nice to have it confirmed.

:)
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:28 am

RVP.. Man u r already a legend for me. Everything you say , the way you conduct yourself on and off the pitch is a lesson for everybody to follow in the team . Outstanding captain and its would a shame if we loose him cause of our lack of ambition. He has done way more than what was expected of him as a player and as a captain :hail:
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:45 pm

That is the last thing we need, trying to get the ball to Henry. No, no, no, let the play flow, don't just always look for Henry, that was part of our problem the last season he was here, and I noticed they were trying to do that too much in the Leeds game. I get it if its the end of the game and we're up by 5, but I hope they don't always try that when he comes on.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12