Bolton Vs Arsenal |Premiership 01/02/2012

Re: Bolton Vs Arsenal |Premiership 01/02/2012

Postby shamrock11 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:12 pm

its been terrible stuff from us all month and unless we improve durastically we are heading for a 6th place finish
OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Popey » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:20 pm

we look horrible at the moment

ramsey and theo locked horrible again. I thin they are beeing overplayed. they play to many games. they need a rest. but our squad is so shit.

and we also can't finish in front of goal. theo has really lost his nerves in front of goal. and he wants to play as striker?

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:24 pm

I don't think Theo has ever really looked real composed in front of goal, yes he has scored some great goals, but he always seems very shaky even when scoring those goals. If he would've been onside for that one, I sure he would've squared it to RvP, because he doesn't have confidence or composure, and he knows it.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Sims wrote:We've only won one game Gervinho hasn't played.

My mate was saying the same about chamackh. :lol:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Sims » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Yeah but Chamakh has provided nothing, Gervinho's set up a lot of chances and chipped in with a few goals. His directness and unpredictability (mainly confusing the defender because he himself has no idea what he's doing) have proved to be an asset for us this season.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Est83 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:49 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
VCC wrote:
Est83 wrote:I would love a 4-4-2 :biggrin:

Then I could bang on about my beloeved 4-1-3-2 that we used to play. Hleb and Rosicky cutting in behind the strikers to play either side of an advanced Cesc, overlapping fullbacks, and one deeper, more creative striker....... :drool:

I think we have the players. We still only have one of a kind in RvP though, no-one else could paly the DB10 creative SS role. Theo, Gervinho, Chamakh and Park could all play the more advanced striker. Gervinho, Ox, Rosicky and Yossi could play the wider midfield roles and cut in alongside the CAM (either Arteta or Ramsey... Wilshere when he's back).

Szczesny
Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs
Song
Ox Wilshre Gervinho
___ RvP
Theo ___

theo Gerv chamak and park lol cant hit the side of a barn who have you been watching lol

Gervinho cannot buy a goal even his life depended on it. Chamakh cannot score in an open goal , park-our super quality struggles to make the bench and Theo is not consistently prolific enough to play in the strikers role. You need a goal poacher like a Hernandez or a Bent to complement RVP who loves to play in a slightly deeper CF role.

I've given up on Chamakh and I have no idea how Park would play there, I'm just saying that the more advanced CF role is their position. On the other two though, Theo will improve infront of goal the more he finds himself infront of goal. Chances are limted when you start out wide and stay out wide. Gervinho's had plenty of chances, but he was clinical at Lille, I see no reason why he can't be clinical at Arsenal... we'll call it nerves of settling in at a bigger club in a big scary league.

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Rosicky in a wide role ? you serious mate/ He cannot cross for a toffee. Rosicky is CM who excels playing in the midfield role alongside song. He is a very good tackler/ball-winner but even his biggest patronizers would start him in a wide role.

Yea, mate, I am! Are you new to Arsenal? Where did Rosicky used to play at Arsenal in our 4-man midfield?

I'll give you some time to think about it....

Time's up!

That's right, well done! On the left of midfield. Kinda read like this on paper: Hleb - Flamini - Cesc - Rosicky. But looked more like this:

Flamini
Hleb Cesc Rosicky

They (Rosicky and Hleb) didn't play traditional winger's roles, that's why you would also see players like Diaby finding themselves on the wing in this formation from time to time.

Anyway, completely pointless discussion as we're not seeing the 4-4-2 anytime soon.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby starmandb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:32 am

in the league yes swansea at home when he was suspended.
we did beat shrewsbury and bolton in the cc
olympiacos[h] in the champs league and leeds and villa in the fa cup
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:01 am

Est83 wrote:

Yea, mate, I am! Are you new to Arsenal? Where did Rosicky used to play at Arsenal in our 4-man midfield?

I'll give you some time to think about it....

That's right, well done! On the left of midfield. Kinda read like this on paper: Hleb - Flamini - Cesc - Rosicky. But looked more like this:

Flamini
Hleb Cesc Rosicky

They (Rosicky and Hleb) didn't play traditional winger's roles, that's why you would also see players like Diaby finding themselves on the wing in this formation from time to time.

Anyway, completely pointless discussion as we're not seeing the 4-4-2 anytime soon.

Been an ardent follower of Arsenal since the last 14 years mate , if you call that new then may be i am new :)

My point is simple est, We are starved off width in our game in the last few years. We get too narrow in the final third and that makes the job of opposition teams defending us easier. As you yourself are saying Rosicky has never played as a traditional winger all his life. Playing Rosicky in the wide-midfield role ain't going to solve our problem of width. Scum and Man-United play with proper wingers and they are the teams we have suffered the most against. We need a goal-poacher and at-least one genuine Winger to play a traditional 4-4-2 but if you are taking about the variants of the 4-4-2 then the discussion might run all night long ;) .As i have said in my earlier posts Wenger has built this squad with a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 in mind and that's exactly why we are littered with so many wide-forwards like Theo, Ox, Gervinho, Arshavin and even Benayoun plays in that position.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:33 pm

The last couple of years have seen us play our current formation with Arshavin and Nasri in the wide areas. Arshavin has been shite for those two seasons (it's just taken people a while to catch on), and Nasri is naturally a CAM. So far the last two seasons, definitely, we've lacked width big time!

I think in Gervinho and Theo (and the subs and up coming players like Ryo), we have players that give us natural width. Form asside, I think a front three of Gervinho RvP and Theo could work in this formation.

Width was never an issue in the 4-4-2 though, even with Rosicky and Hleb who weren't natural wingers, because the width came from the fullbacks. Rosicky would cut in only for Gibbs (someone who could easily be a winger) to overlap.

Jay22 wrote:
Est83 wrote:
Flamini
Hleb Cesc Rosicky

I miss that midfield. :(

:crybaby:

Should have been the 07/08 champs! :crybaby:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Git » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:44 pm

Sims wrote:Yeah but Chamakh has provided nothing, Gervinho's set up a lot of chances and chipped in with a few goals. His directness and unpredictability (mainly confusing the defender because he himself has no idea what he's doing) have proved to be an asset for us this season.

:grin:
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:12 pm

Est83 wrote:The last couple of years have seen us play our current formation with Arshavin and Nasri in the wide areas. Arshavin has been shite for those two seasons (it's just taken people a while to catch on), and Nasri is naturally a CAM. So far the last two seasons, definitely, we've lacked width big time!

I think in Gervinho and Theo (and the subs and up coming players like Ryo), we have players that give us natural width. Form asside, I think a front three of Gervinho RvP and Theo could work in this formation.

Width was never an issue in the 4-4-2 though, even with Rosicky and Hleb who weren't natural wingers, because the width came from the fullbacks. Rosicky would cut in only for Gibbs (someone who could easily be a winger) to overlap.

Jay22 wrote:
Est83 wrote:
Flamini
Hleb Cesc Rosicky

imo i would love the overlapping fullbacks, and a change of formation.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:07 am

When you talk about overlapping full-backs, you need to have a DM disciplined enough to sit back and protect the CB's. You risk conceding on the counter when you commit the FB's forward with nobody to support the CB's. Sagna for all his great defensive prowess cannot cross for a toffee and Gibbs' defensive side of the game is not his strength, same with Santos. We employ such a high line that any through ball with a will timed run can have our ass on fire. If the Full backs are overlapping and midfielders are cutting in to the final third , who will defend ? You need to decide between a traditional 4-4-2 with proper wingers or the variants where you rely on the FB's to provide the width. In the former , the FB's need not bomb forward on every occasion while on the latter you need a disciplined DM and another guy supporting him in defensive duties when things get hot. Song spends majority of his time in the opposition half. With him at the helm and the defensive attributes of Gibbs/Santos we have to make sure the CB's are not left on their own. Conceding stupid goals is also an area of big concern and we have to give equal stress to defensive solidity before we consider a formation switch.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:22 am

starmandb wrote:

in the league yes swansea at home when he was suspended.
we did beat shrewsbury and bolton in the cc
olympiacos[h] in the champs league and leeds and villa in the fa cup

no one cares bro
why do you even bother? What are you proving? Anyone can google stats if they have the time
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:08 am

On my way to the emirates as we speak. Not sure why but there's a calmness with to me today. Mostly because we've never lost when I've gone but also because I feel that there will be a reaction after the Bolton game.

I bitch and moan as much as the next man on here about my gooners but when I'm at the stadium the team are getting nothing but love. f**k cack burn coyg.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:12 am

Est83 wrote:The last couple of years have seen us play our current formation with Arshavin and Nasri in the wide areas. Arshavin has been shite for those two seasons (it's just taken people a while to catch on), and Nasri is naturally a CAM. So far the last two seasons, definitely, we've lacked width big time!

Jay22 wrote:
Est83 wrote:
Flamini
Hleb Cesc Rosicky

Nor pires n ljungberg they spent most of their time with us cutting inside and making shit happen. Spose they ha the ability to as well.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12