I'd choose Diaby over Ramsey and Arshavin over Theo lol
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Re: Bolton Vs Arsenal |Premiership 01/02/2012

Postby Est83 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:24 am

I would love a 4-4-2 :biggrin:

Then I could bang on about my beloeved 4-1-3-2 that we used to play. Hleb and Rosicky cutting in behind the strikers to play either side of an advanced Cesc, overlapping fullbacks, and one deeper, more creative striker....... :drool:

I think we have the players. We still only have one of a kind in RvP though, no-one else could paly the DB10 creative SS role. Theo, Gervinho, Chamakh and Park could all play the more advanced striker. Gervinho, Ox, Rosicky and Yossi could play the wider midfield roles and cut in alongside the CAM (either Arteta or Ramsey... Wilshere when he's back).

Szczesny
Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs
Song
Ox Wilshre Gervinho
___ RvP
Theo ___

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby VCC » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:30 am

Est83 wrote:I would love a 4-4-2 :biggrin:

Then I could bang on about my beloeved 4-1-3-2 that we used to play. Hleb and Rosicky cutting in behind the strikers to play either side of an advanced Cesc, overlapping fullbacks, and one deeper, more creative striker....... :drool:

I think we have the players. We still only have one of a kind in RvP though, no-one else could paly the DB10 creative SS role. Theo, Gervinho, Chamakh and Park could all play the more advanced striker. Gervinho, Ox, Rosicky and Yossi could play the wider midfield roles and cut in alongside the CAM (either Arteta or Ramsey... Wilshere when he's back).

Szczesny
Song
Ox Wilshre Gervinho
___ RvP
Theo ___

theo Gerv chamak and park lol cant hit the side of a barn who have you been watching lol
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:37 am

starmandb wrote:
VCC wrote:ask this do we look like a top four side?.............................................we look like a side out of ideas and when we dont get an early goal heads drop there is no confidence...............................Arsenal should put a side out that the Bolton players look at and say are we on the same pitch as these guys let alone competing.we are a long long long way away from that though.

we did,nt look much like a top 4 side in 05/06 when we lost 3-2 home to west ham our defence was shocking,sol campbell went home at half time.our season was disintigrating after losing to wigan in the cc semi and going out the fa cup at bolton.a top 4 finish and a champs league final did not look likely with real madrid waiting.
we need to impose ourselves more on games and keep fighting for every point

that squad had many members who were part of the invincibles, and had been there and done that, and knew how to turn things around when it was going badly
I can only think of two permanent (ie not a short term loan) members of the current squad who have won a major trophy with us: Almunia (lol) and RVP
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:39 am

Inchpractice wrote:Ramsey is still irritating the SHIT out of me. Every mediocre game he has makes me more livid. :angry:
All he seems to do these days is pass sideways or run into the box and scuff an easy chance.
At the moment he is actually less effective than Denilson. At least Denilson popped up with a cracking goal now and again.

was thinking that during the game too
the Welsh Denilson
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fabrestuta » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:44 am

We draw right after the transfer window closed.........aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.....the world is falling in
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby VCC » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:49 am

Fabrestuta wrote:We draw right after the transfer window closed.........aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.....the world is falling in

its more about the recent run of games and the points we have secured from that opposition. :crybaby: :BangHead: :hiding:
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby friedslice » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:39 am

What is there to look forward to now for the remainder of the season? If this was football manager it's the point you quit and re-start fresh ;) Time is up for signing players, we're stuck with this lot for the next 6 months, the same lot who've picked up 1 point in 12 and only 48% win rate in the past 12 months, in fact, even weaker as we're without Fabregas, Nasri, Wilshere, 3 of our best players who we had available 6 months ago.
now we get to watch this shambles of a squad fall apart more to injuries and continue to lose to the likes of swansea and struggle against wolves and any mid table club that we play - because that's the level we're at at the moment.

RVP's mojo is wearing off and the results are back to where they would have been had he not been scoring a goal a game last year. I can't see anything but a bleak next 6 months, I was saying all season we HAD to make January signings or that was it, and thats the final straw for me and wenger now.
how can he genuinely say this squad is good enough? the results from this squad over a long period of time show it's woefully inadequate, does he expect the results to magically change with the addition of nobody?

van persie will leave on a free just to top everything off. :arse flag.gif:
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 am

I came home expecting a comfortable 2-0 win and I get a disappointing 0 - 0 draw :BangHead: .

We're now 7th in the league and the United - Chelsea game this week now means sh** to me. Anyway I'm currently watching the replay, and they just started the 2nd half.

EDIT:
Well the game's now over. Here are my thoughts:

*Kos, Mertesacker, and Szcz looked incredibly shaky at the back
*Theo is quickly becoming Arshavin Lite/Arshavin 2.0. He gave away possession a lot in this game (especially in the first half)
* Glad to have Sagna and Arteta back in the team (especially Sagna). Its amazing how much Sagna brings to the team and I don't think he's even 100% fit yet
* Clearly we need another goalscorer or two :tumbleweed: ......................

.......A must win game that we should have won but failed to do so.... Surprise, surprise
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:27 am

VCC wrote:
Est83 wrote:I would love a 4-4-2 :biggrin:

Szczesny
Song
Ox Wilshre Gervinho
___ RvP
Theo ___

theo Gerv chamak and park lol cant hit the side of a barn who have you been watching lol

Gervinho cannot buy a goal even his life depended on it. Chamakh cannot score in an open goal , park-our super quality struggles to make the bench and Theo is not consistently prolific enough to play in the strikers role. You need a goal poacher like a Hernandez or a Bent to complement RVP who loves to play in a slightly deeper CF role. Rosicky in a wide role ? you serious mate/ He cannot cross for a toffee. Rosicky is CM who excels playing in the midfield role alongside song. He is a very good tackler/ball-winner but even his biggest patronizers would start him in a wide role.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:45 pm

More poo poo!!

We had our chances, but that is the kind of finishing you get with average players. Congrats on achieving mediocrity Wenger.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby elkanofan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Dejan wrote:I'd choose Diaby over Ramsey and Arshavin over Theo lol

Yes

ramsey is THAT bad at the moment!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:51 pm

We've only won one game Gervinho hasn't played.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby ivan itchybum » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:55 pm

samba isn't playin, bonus
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:03 pm

Sims wrote:We've only won one game Gervinho hasn't played.

:lol:
I actually went to look this up and its true. We actually haven't won any games in the league since Gervinho left. I also remember saying how important Gervinho is to our team so I went back to look that up too and found this:

...If we take away Gervinho for a game, we would look toothless going forward,......

And this was posted on the day Gervinho left our team for the African Cup of Nations. Although, he needs to work on his finishing, its clear that Gervinho is a very important player for us atm.

EDIT: It was actually posted 2 days after Gervinho left
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12