Arsenal Vs Aston Villa | FA Cup R4 29/01/2012

Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa | FA Cup R4 29/01/2012

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:59 pm

VCC wrote:
starmandb wrote:
VCC wrote:
starmandb wrote:
dunkdafunk wrote:i was seriously considering switching the game off!

yes must have been terrible for you.
that agonising walk across your living room

Go easy Starmanb some of us dont have the ability to go to games and some times it is difficult enough to get streams or listen to a radio broadcast,in some countrys as mine these games just are not shown.

i understand that mate,so why would anybody turn the game off then?

well i certainly wouldnt turn a game off even sat through the loss to manure early in the season,Although i do find it hard to listen to AW spin when we see clips of press statements here,they do tend to get the heckles and what used to be ocasionly has become almost every time i hear him,Sadly that has what has become of my relationship with our clubs manager as great as he was.we are on our way to wembly or a step closer anyway.

rarely listen to bland post match interviews from manager or players.
my interest pretty much lies in the 90 mins only.i,m of the opinion that i don,t need to know how the show runs,just that it does
unlike cricket and even boxing to a degree football is poorly served by analysis.
there are a few i respect danny kelly[even though he,s a spurs fan]marcotti and martyn samuel.
i don,t always agree with what they say but i believe they speak as they see rather than indulge in the kind of shock jockery much used by others. i guess it is such a great game it sells itself thus encourages lazy journalism.i would never turn my back on the arsenal even poznan stylee.too scared i may miss something
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby ivan itchybum » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:09 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:When City were losing 3-0 in the FA Cup away to Spurs at half time (and down to 10 men cos Barton got sent off for arguing at half time), I heard it was Robbie Fowler who did the talk at half time and we came back to win 4-3. Keegan just asked where the job centre was. :lol:

I can see something similar with Henry yesterday. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Falas ... 3_-_City_4

I'm pleased for you yesterday. It was one of those games that makes the FA Cup the greatest domestic cup in the world.

don't know whether le boss would have liked to see himself undermined in the dressing room though?
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:04 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:When City were losing 3-0 in the FA Cup away to Spurs at half time (and down to 10 men cos Barton got sent off for arguing at half time), I heard it was Robbie Fowler who did the talk at half time and we came back to win 4-3. Keegan just asked where the job centre was. :lol:

I'm pleased for you yesterday. It was one of those games that makes the FA Cup the greatest domestic cup in the world.

don't know whether le boss would have liked to see himself undermined in the dressing room though?

Would you not feel the same about Keegan though unless you knew the truth?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ivan itchybum » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:29 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
ivan itchybum wrote:

Would you not feel the same about Keegan though unless you knew the truth?

i suppose you could be right actually, would've loved to be in the dressing room though.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Massa » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:13 pm

Arshavinfan wrote:
Jay22 wrote:"Manchester City would love to be in 3 competitions.. they're not" - Gazidis rolling it on on Fox Soccer.

Difference is: Man City are in two competitions and have a reasonable chance of winning both. We're in three and have a reasonable chance of winning one.

city are only in one
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:19 pm

Massa wrote:
Arshavinfan wrote:
Jay22 wrote:"Manchester City would love to be in 3 competitions.. they're not" - Gazidis rolling it on on Fox Soccer.

Difference is: Man City are in two competitions and have a reasonable chance of winning both. We're in three and have a reasonable chance of winning one.

city are only in one

We are in two mate.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Massa wrote:
Arshavinfan wrote:

city are only in one

We are in two mate.

knocked out of champions league knowcked out of carling cup & knocked out of fa cup? :think:
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Massa wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
Massa wrote:
Arshavinfan wrote:

city are only in one

We are in two mate.

knocked out of champions league knowcked out of carling cup & knocked out of fa cup? :think:

We have the Prem and the Europa League to go for.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Git » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Massa wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
Massa wrote:
Arshavinfan wrote:

city are only in one

We are in two mate.

Europa. :doh:
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Massa » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:25 pm

oh yeah that piece of shit
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby thrice » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:29 pm

which teams are still in for the FA cup?
thrice
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby friedslice » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:41 am

After losing 3 on the bounce in the league at half time things we looking terrible, but credit to the side for bouncing back.
It shouldn't paper over the cracks though, at home against an average team we've scraped through, just as we've done in most victories over the past 12 months (all 49% of them).
It's the same issues time and time again, we're an embaressment in the defence and that's solely Wenger's fault for neglecting it in training.

I thought Ox had another good game, he makes things happen and looks so naturally comfortable and confident on the ball.
Theo was poor as usual but celebrated like he'd won the cup, a few neat runs using his pace but generally the usual shit execution and final ball or falling over a defender.
Ramsey has been poor most of the season but i thought he was more effective sitting in the Arteta role and allowing Rosicky to be the advanced CM, i thought rosicky was good there, far better than when Ramsey plays there.

When we attacked with pace and intensity we generally broke them down, but we got very lucky with the first penalty (after Kos had looked like missing the chance) and "theo's" goal.
Im happy with the win but its frustratingly the same things nearly costing us (and have and will cost us time and time again in other matches)
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:52 am

Shame that didn't go in
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:52 pm

starmandb wrote:
Dejan wrote:stadium looks a bit empty.

where were you.?
sold out

sold out =/= full
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ivan itchybum » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:01 pm

VCC wrote:
Zenith wrote:
VCC wrote:Go easy Starmanb some of us dont have the ability to go to games and some times it is difficult enough to get streams or listen to a radio broadcast,in some countrys as mine these games just are not shown.

In the future, just pm me if you need a stream I'll provide a few for you. ;)

cool as i like that alot thanks.

dude it is SO easy to get a stream. theres thousands... heads up though "vipbox" is the best

ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12