Arsenal Vs Man Utd |Premiership 22/01/2012

Re: Arsenal Vs Man Utd |Premiership 22/01/2012

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:41 am

elkanofan wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
elkanofan wrote:This is the most disgusting fan reaction i've seen ever!

Worse than the Eboue incident.

Talk about being your own worst enemy. I disagreed with the subsitution but that was disgraceful

ashamed to call myself a gooner

they were booing Wenger, not Arshavin
even RVP was visibly pissed at Wenger

Even if they where. It's disgusting. Look at how the stupid booing put us totally off our game.

the booing didn't put us off our game, Wenger taking the only player who was offering any penetration put us off our game
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby friedslice » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:01 am

I've never booed Arsenal in my life, and never would, but I'm glad the boos came out when Ox was taken off. It was just another in a long list of recent, shit decisions from Wenger, tactically inept and clueless, he brought the only person who looked like creating something off of the pitch as soon as we start getting on top and have momentum! absolute lunacy, and after all the shit we've seen, after all the crap we've taken, I think that was the straw that broke the camels back. People, finally, are f***ing fed up, paying the highest prices in world football yet seeing inept decisions and a team thats getting progressively worse getting outplayed by our arch rivals at home.
They don't seem to be listening when people are voting with their feet, or all the millions of complaints all over the internet, scarf proftest, shareholders meeting or in all the phone ins and football discussion programmes on tv or radio.
Perhaps the reaction of 40,000 fans finally saying we're sick of this might actually wake some of the board and arsene up, it at least shows them that things are bubbling and about to explode unless something serious is done in the next week.

The money grabbing board don't want a disgruntled fan base and rumblings of discontent, im praying this forces their hand now.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby friedslice » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:03 am

elkanofan wrote:anyone remember in 1998 when we beat united 3-0. Ljungberg scored his first goal?

Rememebr the days we used to really take it to united at home :(

I doubt they do, given that Ljungberg wasn't playing for us in 1998.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooney » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:22 am

As soon as Chelsea drew I wanted us to lose this game. If we would have won and only be 2 points behind. 100% no player would come in and they would feel there's no need to strengthen the team. now that its 5 points, it increases the chance for us to sign someone.

People saying it doesnt matter should remember it was failing to win the last 2 games in january 2009 that pushed the club to make the deal for arshavin as they feared they were gonna miss out on CL. Now the next game is in Febuary, they have no chance because Chelsea will strengthen and are already 5 points ahead. if Arsenal dont do anything, they have themselves to blame.

We are either gonna get new signings or the end of wenger is here. Absolutely great weekend. things couldnt turn out better for me
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:44 am

friedslice wrote:
elkanofan wrote:anyone remember in 1998 when we beat united 3-0. Ljungberg scored his first goal?

He was. ;)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby friedslice » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:52 am

Yorkyblue wrote:
friedslice wrote:

He was. ;)

Aye, he was, still somewhat anhibriated and thought on first reading I thought he was referring to the 98 double season, I was reffing his arrival for the 1999 season, a bit of confusion in this hysteria.

We've played united 40 times in the Premiership and won 11.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby friedslice » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:53 am

gooney wrote:As soon as Chelsea drew I wanted us to lose this game.

friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Leody » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:10 am

UFGN wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:I don't know if this has already been said but apparently Ox was taken off because he was sick on Saturday and he started to feel his calf muscle.
At least there's an explanation for it then.

By the way, all the media focus is on the substitution and the fans reaction to it but it wasn't what cost us the game. Don't forget that Ramsey was through on goal and put the ball in row Z and incredibly RVP missed an absolute sitter.
Walcott also skyed a good opportunity.
Better finishing and we could've won the game. Also starting with Yennaris rather than DJ.

Neither Ox nor Wenger said anything about sickness or injury when they were interviewed after the match. And Arshavin did partly cost us the goal.

Wenger did say something about it.

However, I don't buy it at all. He certainly didn't look like he was getting tired or that his leg was bothering him.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Maxduke » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:44 am

It's funny how he expects people to believe he took him off because he had a slight injury/sick or whatever before the game, when all season he's been fully fit and he's not really been given a chance and the 1 time he's injured/sick he gets into the side.

Excuses for being a moron in my opinion.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:55 am

UFGN wrote:Neither Ox nor Wenger said anything about sickness or injury when they were interviewed after the match. And Arshavin did partly cost us the goal.

Watch Sky Sports News or the Arsenal web site.
He said it on Sky AND in his post match press conference.

Arshavin got skinned by a tricky winger, which seeing as he's not a defender is hardly surprising but it happened WELL outside the box.
We should be asking why he didn't get tackled once he got into the box and also where the f**k was Vermaelen?
I said this in the match thread literally one second after the goal was scored. There was no-one in the LB position because TV had forgotten he was supposed to be playing there.

Furthermore how can Welbeck score the goal with five Arsenal players around him?
Arshavin wasn't great by any means but was it 100% his fault? No.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:51 am

Arshavin should not be in the club.....thats the whole point. The bigger question is how bad does one have to be consistently for the club to say enough?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:22 am

gooney wrote:Arshavin should not be in the club.....thats the whole point. The bigger question is how bad does one have to be consistently for the club to say enough?

Obviously he shouldn't still be here. We all said that at the end of last season.
His 'dip' in form has gone on so long it's ridiculous. It's showing no signs of improving so we should cut our losses and get rid.

All that is not debatable. What is debatable is whether it's his fault that we lost the game.
It takes a series of errors to concede a goal and it's never the fault of one individual. My point was simply that the media have created a shitstorm about the substitution (probably because of our booing) and they've focussed specifically on Arshavin as if it's all his fault (except for Alan Hansen who got it right for once).
In the meantime Ramsey's horrific miss and RVP's even worse one have gone unnoticed.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:23 am

Inchpractice wrote:
UFGN wrote:Neither Ox nor Wenger said anything about sickness or injury when they were interviewed after the match. And Arshavin did partly cost us the goal.

Arshavin got skinned by a tricky winger, which seeing as he's not a defender is hardly surprising but it happened WELL outside the box.
We should be asking why he didn't get tackled once he got into the box and also where the f**k was Vermaelen?
I said this in the match thread literally one second after the goal was scored. There was no-one in the LB position because TV had forgotten he was supposed to be playing there.

Furthermore how can Welbeck score the goal with five Arsenal players around him?

I said it was partly his fault. But regardless, he contributed nothing while he was on.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby ThatBoyNani » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Inchpractice wrote:

I agree with this, Valencia's probably the in form player in the league at the minute, hardly a favourable matchup. The backlash directed specifically against Arshavin was just ridiculous. Valencia was also able to make two passes in and around the six yard box.

To be fair, as great as AOC was, he was hardly doing a great job tracking back either.
ThatBoyNani
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Zedie » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:12 pm

Inchpractice wrote:

AFTER the game to justify his substitution. He mentioned nothing about it for the whole week preceding, even during his weekly Friday press conference.

Smells fishy to me either way.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12