Swansea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 15/01/2012

Re: Swansea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 15/01/2012

Postby Leody » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Arshavinfan wrote:This season we have been in winning positions against Fulham, Blackburn and Swansea. We lost all three games. Without a drastic turn around in form, I cannot see Arsenal finishing in the top-4 this season.

And last year we dropped 13 points from winning positions, enough to have won the league.
Last edited by Leody on Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:56 pm

Loan Theo to a league 2 team.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Got out played, out coached, and out worked by a newly promoted team. No excuses anymore. Yes we have a horrible injury list, but you have motivate your players in times like this and Wenger is not a motivator, which he admits.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Always_a_gooner » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:23 pm

No way were getting a result against utd next week
Always_a_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Swansea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 15/01/2012

Postby Git » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:25 pm

People tweeting Ramsey saying they hope he dies.

Dumb c****.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby elkanofan » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:26 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Got out played, out coached, and out worked by a newly promoted team. No excuses anymore. Yes we have a horrible injury list, but you have motivate your players in times like this and Wenger is not a motivator, which he admits.

Exactly!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gooner_7890 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:31 pm

Disappointing result today but Swansea deserved the victory, they showed more commitment and desire to win than most of our players.

We really missed Arteta today, we gave the ball away far too often and i'm confident he would've done a much better job retaining possesion.

Benayoun has impressed me with his performances this season but today he was very disappointing, apart from giving away a few free kicks, he was pretty much anonymous.

Next Sunday's match against United has become even more important now, if we lose and other teams around us win, we could find ourselves seven points behind fourth placed Chelsea.
gooner_7890
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby elkanofan » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:33 pm

gooney wrote:
elkanofan wrote:This game is a bigger wake up call than the Man United 8-2 in my opinion.

We where outclass and outpassed by Swansea!

Yes Benhayon was so shit he caused the midfiled to f**k up (It's not his fault since he's not a CM) with Ramsey doing too much and having a very messy game with Song being stupid, running up to far up the field. Also yes, Walcott was total dogshit, Arshavin while good didn't track back enough and RVP had an off day so it wasan't set in stone.

but still.

Wenger needs to have a long hard think about himself after this game.

But most of all Theo Walcott! Needs to watch this game, and really decide about what is the future for his life in football.

Look at Swansea with Sinclair and ESPECIALLY Dyer! Dyer, is a good player in great form but he's noithing special let's face it, look at his man of the match performance today. LOOK at his first touch, LOOK at his movement, nothing brilliant but more than solid enough to cause us tons of problems and eventually score. Dyer was struggling to get a game at Southampton, was looking to fall off the map like Ian Wrights son bradley did after being convicted of theft. He was going nowhere, and theo was at arsenal with class players around him getting some of the best staff, facillities and coaches around him.

Yet in all the years that have gone by since Theo and Dyer where at Southampton. Dyer has better balance, better technique, better distribution and is a all round better player!

Theo? Do you want to be a footballer? Seriously? Then how come this guy who's spent most of his career in the lower leagues is better than you substantailly yet you flatter to decive time and time again, despite scoring the odd goal or two here and there? Do you have the desire? Dyer has far more desire than you do it seems to improve? Seriously! What do you do at training, just sit and and wait until you magically become good?

Wenger need to give Theo a serious ultimatum! Step up and show some desire or leave. Wenger has 0 excuses for losing today! He was outclassed and truly humbled and i expect an reaction!

keep dreaming. theo is not a football fan. so he doesnt have that love for the game where he wants to improve. he said himself he's not one for tricks and doesnt try to do them even in training. so how can a wide man expect to beat defenders without any tricks?

One thing i agree on is his desire. It worries me that it seems he dosen't care too much about football and he looks at his career as like working in a office doing 9-5. It means he probably takes his media life more seriously. He has no excuses for being so shit this season and today has shown there are players i believe in league 1 and 2 who can do better literally.

But Please PLEASE stop abusing him for not using tricks! Messi are Robben beat players for fun without using any tricks at all (no step overs, nothing, just technique)

Also Theos biggest problem is wenger who hasnt demanded more of him, the likes of wilshere and chamberlain are football lovers, these guys dont need encouragement from wenger to be on the ball and try things....theo is not like that and needed a manager who was strict on him and demanded more.

Agree.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:47 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Leody wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
friedslice wrote:I predict just more of the same. plenty of possession but looking toothless in the final third. walcott to do not much at all, same with Andrei, Ramsey will give it away multiple times, Arteta will sit too deep and won't get involved enough and Song will either be sick or shit. our defence will continue to look frail with makeshift players out of position and we'll likely concede another soft goal from a set piece or defensive cock up.

Eyes on RVP and Henry....

did u have a bad evening yesterday mate ;)

He's probably just watched any one of our matches since November... :hiding: :smartass:

shame then he missed our 4-0 win at wigan in december then.
i would say that arteta was not sitting too deep when he managed to put us in front
ramsey was our best player had a superb game[i think he was our best player on mon as well]
walcott did enough when he run and set up rvp,s goal.
33 passes before rvps shot that gervinho scored the rebound from. i would say thats good possession when holding a lead.
and the nil in the other teams column and the 4 in ours suggests the toothless in attack weak in defence is a little unfair.

this is getting pretty tiring starman
if you think the Wigan game has been typical of how we've been playing lately, you haven't been watching the games

yes.it is a tad. there is plenty to moan about without making it worse.
the wigan game was in december.
read the post
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:56 pm

friedslice wrote:i don't see how arshavin has been our best player, he's done absolutely nothing.
theo has been a disgrace and shouldn't start the 2nd half, how does he keep getting regular starts!

all we've got in the squad is past it players and kids so not much we can really change.
why haven't we signed anyone else yet?

played in rvp for our 1st goal
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Well that was embarrassing.

Swansea are a better team than us with our current starting eleven. Sad fact.

yes thats why they are 10th in the table and we are 5th,
remember much gnashing and wailing when we lost at sheff utd in 06/07
after losing there goalkeeper.
i,m not saying all is rosey in the gooney garden.
but i absolutly refuse to give up our champions league place so easy.
we were in as bad a position in the above season and managed it in a canter.
the team need to man up and fight
starmandb

Postby mg86 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:58 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Got out played, out coached, and out worked by a newly promoted team. No excuses anymore. Yes we have a horrible injury list, but you have motivate your players in times like this and Wenger is not a motivator, which he admits.

In early 2000 I bet he certainly wasn't hurt by his inability to motivate the team though, the players had to look up to the man and respect him greatly for the achievements he was gathering. Now, I don't think he has that going for him, though he still gets respect from most throughout the league if we are fair, Wenger isn't considered an idiot by any, well except for some of his frusturated own fans. I don't understand really why he doesn't change his transfer activity, it could be because the success in the past makes him confident his ways are right, but of course this is delusional as the game and whole situation is different now.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby golfinguy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:02 am

Yes, we were beat - sad truth that it is. Out played from the starting whistle.

Swansea were running themselves after everything, while our players acted like that have some divine right to possession and no one would/should challenge them. We lost possession to laziness and poor passes - basics that should not be missing from ANY game.

Walcott needs to come off the bench - let defenses chase Ox for 60 minutes, then bring on Walcott. And perhaps Rosicky should be played in place of Ramsey for a few games. Competition for starts may re-energize him.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mg86 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:09 am

Every team has injuries though. United have had a shattered defense full of injuries and lost Ashley Young and their midfielders Anderson and Cleverely. The difference is that we lack the players upfront to compensate for the inevidable goals that will be scored on a B team defense. United have Rooney, Hernandez, Berbatov and Welbeck available up front, Carrick and Fletcher, as well as a f***ing quality winger in Valencia. We have Van Persie and then Henry and that is it. Chamakh can't do ANYTHING for us and Arshavin can't do anything either anymore. The best defense is a good offense, we just don't have that anymore.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby friedslice » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:11 am

You're never going to challenge for the league with a midfield of Song, Ramsey, Arteta, Walcott and Arshavin/Rosicky/Benayoun/any other past it, disinterested or not good enough kid we've got, the untrained defence that we have, poor goalkeeper and only 1 decent striker in the squad.

if wenger can't see the squad holes he should be taken to an isolated field and put out of his misery...
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12