Swansea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 15/01/2012

Postby SE13 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:37 pm

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Swansea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 15/01/2012

Postby Trequartista » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:34 pm

Szczesny
Yennaris Mertesacker Koscielny Miquel
Chamberlain Song Arteta Benayoun
Van Persie
Henry
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Probably see RVP up front on his own with the king on the bench
don't know about the fittness of Vermy or Dojo, but I think AW will avoid starting Yennaris if he can
sadly, I think TW14 will start
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:45 pm

I reckon we will see Miquel at left back, we really do not have another option. Djourou has served his one match ban now so he will be back at RB. Although personally, i thought Yennaris was very good when he came on, a bit nervous, but he is comfortable with the ball.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:48 pm

AW appears to have forgotten Djourou was even banned...

He has still not recovered completely from his groin injury but for Monday he should have been OK.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Massa » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:06 pm

Szczesny
Djourou Koscielny Mertesacker Miquel
Arteta Song Rosicky
Walcott van Persie Benayoun
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:17 pm

Is le coq out? (excuse the double entendre)
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Git » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:40 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Is le coq out? (excuse the double entendre)

Francis is currently sideined with a hamstring injury. "He has a hamstring injury and will be out for a few weeks," Arsene Wenger said after the victory over Leeds.

So, I would assume that he's out.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:24 pm

I want us to persist with Ramsey, he is right on the edge of exploding into an awesome player, the positions he gets into, his engine and his ability with the ball are what we need in midfield.

He needs a goal or two to get his shooting boots on and then the goals will flood, which is what we need in midfield right now.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:48 am

GunnGunn wrote:I want us to persist with Ramsey, he is right on the edge of exploding into an awesome player, the positions he gets into, his engine and his ability with the ball are what we need in midfield.

He needs a goal or two to get his shooting boots on and then the goals will flood, which is what we need in midfield right now.

I think we've persisted with him long enough thank you very much. He's clearly having a crap season and he should've lost his starting place a long time ago.
It's usually AW that persists for far too long with underperforming players so I'm surprised you agree with him.

It's a f***ing crime against football that players like Benayoun & Rosicky are on the bench and Ramsey starts ahead of them. It's an abhorrent decision.

Maybe dropping Ramsey to the bench for a few games might actually wake him up to how bad he's been. He could probably do with a rest anyway. Why have quality players on the bench if you're just going to tire out the same players all the time?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:58 am

You say Benayoun and Rosicky like they are actually viable options in that position. Fact is Ramsey would be on the bench if a better CM, like Wilshere, was available. But there is no one. Benayoun is not a central midfielder, he is an industrious wide player and Rosicky is a wasteman nowadays (elkano in 54321) who doesn't have the engine to play 20 minutes in midfield, let alone a whole game. Not a bad option to bring on to help see out a game but he is no starter
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:13 am

CynicalGooner wrote:You say Benayoun and Rosicky like they are actually viable options in that position. Fact is Ramsey would be on the bench if a better CM, like Wilshere, was available. But there is no one. Benayoun is not a central midfielder, he is an industrious wide player and Rosicky is a wasteman nowadays (elkano in 54321) who doesn't have the engine to play 20 minutes in midfield, let alone a whole game. Not a bad option to bring on to help see out a game but he is no starter

Sorry I disagree about both players.
Rosicky is vastly underrated by the fans, he's far more creative and far more direct than Ramsey.
Next time we play watch Ramsey's every move, just for one half. What you'll notice about him (other than all the sitters he misses) is that whenever he receives the ball his first thought is to look beside him to see who is in space. This results in 1,000 sideways passes, no doubt a pass completion rate of 99% but no progress in the final third.
He's perfectly happy to pass sideways for 90% of the game, even Song will rack up more assists than him this season and he' s a DM ffs.

Rosicky on the other hand, is ALWAYS looking forward, watching the strikers and tracking their runs.
Whenever HE receives the ball his first thought is to run forward, even if he receives the ball facing his own goal. He'll do one of his little turns and pick out a forward pass or run at players and take them on.
Basically, he creates more chances in his 15-minute sub appearances than Ramsey does in two games.
Sure, his pass completion rate will be lower because the strikers don't always make the perfect run and sometimes the passes get intercepted but he can do far more damage to a team.
I don't see why he can't start, I can't see anything wrong with his fitness. Giggs is much older and plays 90 minutes.
Even if Rosicky is not as fit as he used to be why can't he play the first 70 minutes and then let Ramsey be the sub?

As for Benayoun, he's very similar to Rosicky, totally ATTACK minded unlike Ramsey. He's a better finisher than Ramsey because he's much cooler in front of goal.
He can easily play centrally, every player wants to be played centrally they just get stuck out wide because that's where the vacancy is at that particular time.
He's not a winger he's just an AM who happens to be able to play on the wing. He could do Ramsey's job with his eyes closed and make far more of a contribution.
Oh and he runs twice the miles that Ramsey does when he plays.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:16 am

I think Wenger will persist with him.

This seems to be the way with some players, it's certainly the same with Walcott, and Arshavin last year. Wenger's philosophy is play them til they rediscover their form, no matter how long it takes... and God forbidd don't drop them, that'll leave them vulnerable and insecure!

Makes no sense really when you have youngsters like Ox, or fringe players like Benayoun, who are doing exactly what they need to do to get games by impressing everytime they play. They're hungry and they're performing whenever they're called upon, they deserve a start or two.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Est83 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:24 am

Agree with Inch, both Benayoun and Rosicky are good options in the central positions. Move Ramsey next to Song by all means, but our two most creative midfielders are - without a doubt - Rosicky and Benayoun.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby mg86 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:30 am

Szczesny
Djourou Koschielny Mertesacker Miquel
Arteta Song Ramsey
Chamberlain Van Persie Arshavin

Was happy with what I saw from Arshavin and Chamberlain against Leeds. Think we need to give Oxe a start and see what he can do against a league opponent. As for Arshavin, I think giving him the start would be massive in taking some of the pressure off and maybe we'll see him back to his old ways. Worst case scenario is he doesn't improve upon last game and we sub on Walcott or Benayoun.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Next

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12