Arsenal Vs Leeds | FA Cup R3 09/01/2012

Re: Arsenal Vs Leeds | FA Cup R3 09/01/2012

Postby elkanofan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Just because you lot hate him doesn't mean he hates your team. Call him a mercenary all you want but he saw a sinking ship and even though 90% of you agree it's a sinking ship, you still call him a mercenary.

No, he saw this:
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Just because you lot hate him doesn't mean he hates your team. Call him a mercenary all you want but he saw a sinking ship and even though 90% of you agree it's a sinking ship, you still call him a mercenary.

I'm probably the only gooner on this forum that will admit he didn't leave just for the money. Nobody else wants to believe that, it's easier to hate.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:09 pm

Jon Large wrote:Anyone remember me?

no
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Maxduke » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:38 pm

elkanofan wrote:

No, he saw this:

He probably saw this too...

Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Let's not talk about that snidey t**t Nasri in such a fantastic match thread. There are plenty of threads already for that.

Who wants some of this on their monitor?

http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/34732 ... =wallpaper
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:54 pm

I thought Ox looked lively, and shouldn't have been taken off, it should have been Arsh instead. I really think Theo should be worried about this starting place in the team right now.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TRA Dial Square » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Jay22 wrote:That f***ing **** Nasri spoiled the perfect evening by showing his presence at the Grove. f***ing asshole, mercenaries like him should be banned from coming there.

Rumour is HENRY invited him.

:hiding:
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TheLittleMozart » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Jay22 wrote:That f***ing **** Nasri spoiled the perfect evening by showing his presence at the Grove. f***ing asshole, mercenaries like him should be banned from coming there.

:lol: Chill out man.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:34 pm

Est83 wrote:Chamakh is a wasteman!

There needs to eb a "Wenger's worst signing" thread... right now I can't think of anyone else other than Chamakh (have had a few pints tonight mind you)

as forwards i think boa morte and wreh were worst signings they cost more money and produced less
however they were not brought in to go straight into the 1st team and came at a time when we were in a position of strength.
stepenovs is the worst i have seen in the wenger era
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Özilfan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Can you believe THIERRY HENRY scored the winning goal last night for Arsenal? Amazing, just amazing.
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby thrice » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:15 pm

thrice
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Zedie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:23 pm

If he wanted to go for success, he would have joined manure who are almost guaranteed it. He chose the offer that was nearly twice as much as anyone else could offer. The guy is on what 200k pw? By the time his contract is finished hell have earned enough to setup his own club and buy the rest of the players your lot haven't bought.

Mercenary.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:29 pm

Zedie wrote:

If he wanted to go for success, he would have joined manure who are almost guaranteed it. He chose the offer that was nearly twice as much as anyone else could offer. The guy is on what 200k pw? By the time his contract is finished hell have earned enough to setup his own club and buy the rest of the players your lot haven't bought.

Mercenary.

That is assuming you know for a fact that Man U were in for him, which I doubt you do. And City just came off a FA Cup win, and have a good team, and everyone knows they have more success coming and can buy anybody they want, and also everyone knows that Man U have debt problems. So no, I don't believe the argument that he would've chose Utd. Sorry. Some people need to not be so emotional and see it for what it is, it's Wenger's fault Nas left, it wasn't just about the money. Did the money help, probably so, but if we would've won something the past few years, I'm sure he would have wanted to stay, it ain't like the Cashley story.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:38 pm

To say it was ONLY money is just silly.

Like Chvint says, it probably played a role, but that wasn't the only factor.

Just like when RVP leaves, it's not going to be the money, it's going to be the fact that we don't care about winning.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:45 pm

I agree with Yorky, and Man Utd are guaranteed success are they? News to me, they barely beat a 10 man city side who had someone IMO unfairly sent off.

Nasri might be a mercenary, but i know where i would rather be, liken it to a job.

Mr Nasri, would you like to stay at our firm, we are not the best firm in the world, we settle for being 4th best, we do our jobs with pomp and swagger but we don't really get a line on any of our rivals.

Or would you like to join this company, they better their rivals year after year, they have lots of hits and few misses, you'll be on ex amount of money a week.

Or lastly, would you like to join this company, overnight they have bought their way to supremacy, because they realise that money = success, they look very likely to become the dominant company in England in a very short space of time, they will also pay you nearly double what any other company is offering.

Yeah, because if that happened in your working life you wouldn't take it, 99% of these players don't actually support their club, Henry yesterday himself said that was the first goal he scored for our club as a fan? Sort of a f***ing back handed compliment don't ya think? But thats the nature of the game nowadays, very few fans exist who play for their club.

Nasri might have left for money but how anyone can say thats the sole reason is clearly blind, City, whether they have bought their way to success or not are clearly going places, they are going to win things and they will probably do it at a canter, that still means something to some players.

Stop looking at the situation through the eyes of fan and start looking at it through the eyes of a normal person, talking about it.

"So this bloke left this club because they wern't winning anything, didn't do anything to change the situation and had been going stale for a while, this other club offered him loads more money and a real chance of winning trophies"

"Err, whats the problem then??!?"

You know what makes me laugh, the fact that so many people are welcoming back Henry with open arms, the king is back....

Yeah, you know what, f**k off, anyone remember what he did to us 4 years ago??? When we needed our talisman to stay? When we needed him more than anything? He f***ked off, saw we were a sinking ship and jumped into the arms of Barcelona, after he categorically and undiniably stated that he would finish his career with us.

When Van Persie leaves, i guess he'll be a mercenary as well??? Or any other player that leaves???

So who gives a shit if he was at the ground watching our team play, just because he left, doesn't mean he didn't love playing here, doesn't mean he didn't leave friends behind, and it doesn't mean he wanted to leave, if AW had showed more ambition in the transfer market, and replaced the best midfielder in the world with some real wuality, bought a top CB and a top striker, he probably would have stayed.

City are going places, we aren't, sooner people deal with it, the better.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12