Postby Dejan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:08 pm

good post but dont agree with the henry part
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Re: Arsenal Vs Leeds | FA Cup R3 09/01/2012

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Given a choice an ambitious f1 driver would want to drive for Ferrari over Red-bull despite them being world champions in the last couple of seasons even if it means making compromise on the money aspect of it. Its hilarious to even suggest Na$ri did not move for money. Hold on. I am not saying Nasri moved only for money but i would say somewhere around 99% ;). I am not even suggesting it's wrong to go to the highest suitor. All i am saying is that major motivation for him was the money part and rest[which includes trophies and miscellaneous stuff] was like garnishing stuff.I mean its ludicrous to say Man-city comes anywhere near Man United when it comes to trophies, heritage, history, fans and trophies .Manu,currently as well as in the past is the most successful football club in the EPL. Man-City may be the flavor of the season with the aid of a sugar-daddy but heck they aren't even guaranteed Pl trophy in their most successful season till date, out of the CL , kicked out of the FA cup by Man-United despite all the riches. In my eyes they are still the favorites for PL title but stranger things have happened in football. Nasri would have been a regular at Man-united , been a part of the biggest and the most successful with the biggest fan-base club in PL and would have been paid handsome money too may not be as much as city would have paid him yet he went to Man-city. He did not do a mistake but its clear he loves his dough.

P.S: I hate United but you cannot deny they are far more attractive to top players with an ambition than any club in PL. A person must be out of his mind to say money was not a major part if not the only part in him moving to city.
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:45 pm

So Nasri told you that himself did he? No he didn't, therefore you have no idea why he left. It just makes you feel better to say he left for the money, instead blame the real person.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Arsenal Vs Leeds | FA Cup R3 09/01/2012

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:47 pm

I'd say wanting to play with superstars is more important than money.

The likes of aguero, silva and kompany, with vieira behind the scenes are all big names and City aren't going to stop there. He probably saw us selling cesc, asked the question who is coming to replace him and didn't like the answer!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:I'd say wanting to play with superstars is more important than money.

The likes of aguero, silva and kompany, with vieira behind the scenes are all big names and City aren't going to stop there. He probably saw us selling cesc, asked the question who is coming to replace him and didn't like the answer!

Ah!! Reason and logic is a beautiful thing.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:52 pm

ChVint22 wrote:So Nasri told you that himself did he? No he didn't, therefore you have no idea why he left. It just makes you feel better to say he left for the money, instead blame the real person.

You know, i blame Wenger for not winning anything in the last six years and a host of other things but in hindsight its clear any amount of money, even 30k more than our original offer would have convinced him to stay cos that's exactly what United offered. I have not brought the loyalty angle cos it does not exist in modern day football and its the results that count. I would say its a good riddance. Everybody tends to see a different picture of a particular situation. i can only speculate based on pointers like what United offered him , how he used united interest in him to get max wages, how he lingered on all year giving one excuse or the other to sign a new contract etc etc.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:So Nasri told you that himself did he? No he didn't, therefore you have no idea why he left. It just makes you feel better to say he left for the money, instead blame the real person.

You know, i blame Wenger for not winning anything in the last six years and a host of other things but in hindsight its clear any amount of money, even 30k more than our original offer would have convinced him to stay cos that's exactly what United offered. I have not brought the loyalty angle cos it does not exist in modern day football and its the results that count. I would say its a good riddance. Everybody tends to see a different picture of a particular situation. i can only speculate based on pointers like what United offered him , how he used united interest in him to get max wages, how he lingered on all year giving one excuse or the other to sign a new contract etc etc.

It has nothing to do with loyalty, nor did I ever mention that. And the story that he may have tried to get more wages from City and used Utd as a crutch also has nothing to do with why he left here.

See, nobody knows for sure, but I use circumstances and fact to come to my opinion, and the facts are clear to me that Wenger is having trouble keeping players because he says one thing and does another, and refuses to make even the slightest changes to get us over the hump. Cesc saw it, Nasri saw it, and soon others will to.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:02 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

It has nothing to do with loyalty, nor did I ever mention that. And the story that he may have tried to get more wages from City and used Utd as a crutch also has nothing to do with why he left here.

See, nobody knows for sure, but I use circumstances and fact to come to my opinion, and the facts are clear to me that Wenger is having trouble keeping players because he says one thing and does another, and refuses to make even the slightest changes to get us over the hump. Cesc saw it, Nasri saw it, and soon others will to.

Comparing Cesc's situation to Nasri's is like comparing apples to oranges. Cesc left for his boyhood club to win things and has on record said , he would never play for another English club. I agree with your point that we were not ambitious enough to keep Cesc but in Nasri's case, he was not the show stopper to hold the club to ransom over a contract extension. I was sad to see Cesc go but in Nasri's case i would say good riddance cos we need committed players and not the ones acting like superstars before they are one. Now if we loose RVP this summer because of our lack of ambiton the only person to be blamed is wenger.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

Comparing Cesc's situation to Nasri's is like comparing apples to oranges. Cesc left for his boyhood club to win things and has on record said , he would never play for another English club. I agree with your point that we were not ambitious enough to keep Cesc but in Nasri's case, he was not the show stopper to hold the club to ransom over a contract extension. I was sad to see Cesc go but in Nasri's case i would say good riddance cos we need committed players and not the ones acting like superstars before they are one. Now if we loose RVP this summer because of our lack of ambiton the only person to be blamed is wenger.

I'm not comparing them. All I'm saying is, I bet Cesc would have stayed longer if we were more ambitious and had been winning, and same with Nas. Its pretty simple. If it takes one more person to leave for you to understand it, then we'll probably be talking again next season when I say "I told you so". ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby golfinguy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Nasri needs to look in the mirror a bit if he wants to know why we didn't achieve more last season. All I'm sayin.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:03 pm

Can we STAY ON TOPIC PLEASE???
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:15 pm

golfinguy wrote:Nasri needs to look in the mirror a bit if he wants to know why we didn't achieve more last season. All I'm sayin.

You expected him to carry the team for a whole season?
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Sorry Inch, one more post regarding Nasri.

Yes it is true that no one can categorically state that Nasri left for the money alone, but that works in the opposite direction. Wheres the evidence that Nasri left for ambition and trophies rather than for money?

I look at the situation and see the following:

Manure at the start of the window were in dire need of a creative CAM to slot into the holes left by a fair few big departures

Manure saw the opportunity to go after a top player who was available on the cheap and whos wages they could have dwarfed easily

Evra started talking about Nasri by name to the media. Now Evra tends to talk a lot of shite, but how often does he start talking about players by name and that he had discussed things with said player? It dont happen every week. Are people really trying to say that Man Shitty are the only club that could have been remotely interested or made an enquiry behind closed doors? Come on.

Lets look at Manure for a second - being dismissive of Manures success is a mistake that many have made and do make all the time. There was a point last season where people thought they were done and yet again they've won the title. Through all the prem years, theyve dominated above all others and have always been there or there abouts. When was the last time you can remember anyone other than Manure and X team for the title run in?

Some of this is via buying power (keeping one step ahead of the competition by buying the best), some of it has come down to the love affair that the Media and Footballing establishment/governing bodies have with them and their figurehead and some of it is that theyve alwys had a very good team to do battle with. but thats life, the rest of us have ot play harder to negate the sometimes blatant favouritism they recieve. Their money issues have never really been a problem, theyve had bugger all cash flow for years and theyve still not regined in the spending! They have limits now because your comparing Manures spending power against a guy who has a whole countrys reserves at his beck and call. Regardless, Nasri would have been on enough wong, with enough of a realistic shot at success at Manure.

Love em or hate em, they've always been there, even during their darkest days in recent years. Now If Nasri trully was hungry for success, his best option would have been to do anything to get to Manure becuase they will always be challenging.

If Nasri was predominantly ruled by the hunger for success, the logical choice would have been to go to Manure because as much as everyone is sucking Man Shittys dick right now, theyve spent half a billion pounds and won 1 FA cup for it so far.

Going onto empolyment metaphor - it might just be me, but i would rather stay at a workplace that pays me enough money so that i dont have to worry about finances, where i am adored by my co workers and end users, while being valued to do the job that i love day in day out.

I wouldnt really be that keen on a place that, granted, paid me twice as much money but, saw me as a disposable camodity who would only get the chance to work now and again as and when the management saw fit and for the rest of the time, made me sit at my desk all day and twiddle my thumbs or some shit.

Nasri strikes me as one of those blokes that wont give a shit if he got his prem winners medal even though he only made 10 sub appearances, as long as he got his £200k per week.

I put him in the same bracket as:

Wayne Bridge
Almunia
Winston Bogarde
Carlos Tevez
Ashley Cole

Guys that would probably rather keep getting paid more money than any one person should need in their life over playing the game that they loved as kids and that billions of people worldwide would give their left nut/tit to play at thier level.

Mercenary.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Zedie wrote:Going onto empolyment metaphor - it might just be me, but i would rather stay at a workplace that pays me enough money so that i dont have to worry about finances, where i am adored by my co workers and end users, while being valued to do the job that i love day in day out.

You were all calling him a c*** before he even left. While he was on the pitch, trying his best for your team. Singing it loud and proud for him to hear. Even if he wasn't leaving, he sure was then.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12