Arsenal Vs Leeds | FA Cup R3 09/01/2012

Re: Arsenal Vs Leeds | FA Cup R3 09/01/2012

Postby Zedie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:27 pm

He was being called a c*** after there was nothing but tumbleweed from him for months on end apart from a few holding tweets suggesting 'dont believe the hype' then more silence from him while there was a full on assault by the media. The Nasri c*** chants happened in one game i think (dont quote me!)?

You failed to also mention that he got a proper show of support in the following match after he got the abuse and the fans were singing his name in the last games of the season, deep into the media frenzy that was his future.

Im sure he got over it once he got his first paycheck ;)
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Zedie wrote:He was being called a c*** after there was nothing but tumbleweed from him for months on end apart from a few holding tweets suggesting 'dont believe the hype' then more silence from him while there was a full on assault by the media. The Nasri c*** chants happened in one game i think (dont quote me!)?

You failed to also mention that he got a proper show of support in the following match after he got the abuse and the fans were singing his name in the last games of the season, deep into the media frenzy that was his future.

Im sure he got over it once he got his first paycheck ;)

It happened this season, he played a game remember. ;)

As Inch said though, let's not spoil the thread on thoughts for Nasri.

Even though the game was shit yesterday and you would of won 8-0 if Henry started. It should be remembered for him, not Nasri. :)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:05 am

Yorkyblue wrote:
Zedie wrote:Going onto empolyment metaphor - it might just be me, but i would rather stay at a workplace that pays me enough money so that i dont have to worry about finances, where i am adored by my co workers and end users, while being valued to do the job that i love day in day out.

You were all calling him a **** before he even left. While he was on the pitch, trying his best for your team. Singing it loud and proud for him to hear. Even if he wasn't leaving, he sure was then.

was you at the arsenal v liverpool game when nasri made his 1 appearance this season yorky?
because i was and rather than take the media spin as gospel i can speak from personal experience.
nasri got a mixed reception it is fair to say and even got a few boos when he 1st touched the ball but i sit above the singing section[i know the whole stadium should be a singing section but thats by the by] and the nasri is a c*** was not sung once.
a commited performance won the fans over to the extent that he came over to take a corner to great applause which he returned in kind. there was even a rumour circulating that his deal with you had broken down and was treated with joy.nobody wants to lose a good player but by the same token, fans don,t want the piss taken out of them either.
like adebayor before him, the fans made it known that they were not happy with his behavior but while they wear the shirt the good of the club will always supercede personal feeling.
arsenal have such a hold in ex players hearts because we know how to treat them yorky and as someone who has always held city and its fans in high regard i am dissapointed that you are so dissmissive of ours
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:38 am

starmandb wrote:was you at the arsenal v liverpool game when nasri made his 1 appearance this season yorky?
because i was and rather than take the media spin as gospel i can speak from personal experience.
nasri got a mixed reception it is fair to say and even got a few boos when he 1st touched the ball but i sit above the singing section[i know the whole stadium should be a singing section but thats by the by] and the nasri is a c*** was not sung once.

I'm not calling you a liar but you must of not heard things.

St James Park - While he still played for you, a game he will of been at even though not playing.

Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zenith » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:30 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
starmandb wrote:was you at the arsenal v liverpool game when nasri made his 1 appearance this season yorky?
nasri got a mixed reception it is fair to say and even got a few boos when he 1st touched the ball but i sit above the singing section[i know the whole stadium should be a singing section but thats by the by] and the nasri is a **** was not sung once.

St James Park - While he still played for you, a game he will of been at even though not playing.

So basically you're saying that this was the reason he left?
Nah, that was right at the point where he said he was gonna leave for MCFC, pure disrespect towards everything related to AFC. The guy underperformed for about 2-3 seasons but AW kept on giving him playing time, then finally he has half of a good season and this is how he repays Wenger.
If you screw your club, don't complain afterwards if you're being screwed yourself.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:36 pm

Zenith wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
nasri got a mixed reception it is fair to say and even got a few boos when he 1st touched the ball but i sit above the singing section[i know the whole stadium should be a singing section but thats by the by] and the nasri is a **** was not sung once.

So basically you're saying that this was the reason he left?
Nah, that was right at the point where he said he was gonna leave for MCFC, pure disrespect towards everything related to AFC. The guy underperformed for about 2-3 seasons but AW kept on giving him playing time, then finally he has half of a good season and this is how he repays Wenger.
If you screw your club, don't complain afterwards if you're being screwed yourself.

I'm not saying that's why he left at all. He actually played a game for you over a week after this happened. I don't recall him ever saying he's leaving until he left.

I just remember at the time I thought it was very disrespectful from a minority of fans.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:50 pm

To be fair (even though in hindsight he deserved it) Nasri was getting some HORRENDOUS stick over Twitter when the rumours first began circulating - Even though at the time there wasn't even an inkling of a shred of truth in them (they were coming from Auclair and TalkSHITE at the time).
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:25 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:

in the face of such evidence i can only admit i was wrong and it upsets me to see arsenal fans do that.
i take the approach that it is better to ignore under those circumstances but not all fans share that view.
however the broad brush approach for damning fans is a dodgy 1 to take.
for example.
last week darren lewis a black man, liverpool fan and journalist on the daily mirror was only too keen to make the point that the liverpool fan who insulted the oldham player did so in isolation and was not representative of the kop.
however was only to keen to condemn all arsenal fans for singing about how adebayors dad washes elephants
leading to his pitch length run in that infamous game.
i was,nt at that game but know people that were who tell me that song was not sung en masse and it was in fact the arshavin 5foot four f**k adebayor song sung.
now to suggest no arsenal fan has ever uttered that chant would be naive but in my experience i never heard the adebayor elephant chant sung and take great offence at all arsenal fans labelled as racist.
as much as i love my club i never lose sight of whats right and wrong
starmandb

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:02 pm

tl; dr
meanwhile: SAMIR YOU'RE A c*** YOU'RE A c***, SAMIR YOU'RE A c***! NANANANANANA NA NA SAMIR YOU'RE A c*** YOU'RE A c***, SAMIR YOU'RE A c***!
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12