Fulham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 02/01/2012

Re: Fulham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 02/01/2012

Postby Zenith » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:59 am

I keep reading about "Wenger this, Wenger that" when it concerns transfers. It doesn't matter which coach we have, 20+ milion signings _WILL NOT_ come. (i'l get back to that later)
Maybe a year EL will be a final wake up call for the entire board and people such as Gazidis and Kroenke to realise that this (whatever it is) we are doing is NOT gonna win us anything, in fact on short term even our best players will leave due to lack of ambition our club has.
We are basically the only club in the world that had (yes HAD) the quality to turn cheap/affordable youngsters into world class football players, but obviously in modern football these days you simply NEED to spend huge funds on players to make sure you can fight for the title - Which is something we simply can't ignore. If change won't happen quickly I see us ending up even worse than Liverpool and become the new Everton of the 21st century.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby friedslice » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:16 am

SAME OLD SHIT. lacklustre, no intensity, no drive. as I've said in just about every match thread. Plenty of possession and build up with absolutely NO quality in the final third to make it count unless RVP saves us....with us inevitably conceding from a set piece.

Played off the park by Fulham. Seriously, if that doesn't spark the board into buying the minimum of two TOP CLASS players for the final third then I don't know what will.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby friedslice » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:26 am

yosifun wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:We're far from shit, we just cant score enough goals lately. We should have put Fulham to the sword in the 1st half.

True, Walcott and Gervinho are far from their form in the start of the season, Arteta could possibly need a rest and Ramsey and Song are not the ones who will bring you goals/assists on a regular basis (though Ramsey did have attempts on goal).

Our bench nevertheless is far from a top 4 quality with all respect to Ox, Yossi, Rosicky and Arshavin.. we need quality strikers and wingers to run the ball like we should. Henry will replace Gervinho in the starting 11, but we still lack firepower to bring in the middle of the game.

Won't say more words about the defense, the injuries are taking their toll.. At least we're 5th place with 5 defenders and Wilshere out, not an easy thing you can all agree.

1000th post! :cheers2: finally my rank matches my avatar and favorite Gunner!

What form was Theo on earlier in the season? He's been shit and non existent for just about all of it. About a month ago he had a run of 2-3 games where he looked lively and everyone jumped on 'he's improving' band wagon. In reality he's back to being a poor Winger, just as he's always been. He doesn't provide us with goals, he doesn't take on defenders, he runs into players, falls over his own feet and he can't cross or pass. He's shit.

Gervinho is quality but his finishing isn't good enough, Ramsey isn't good enough (yet) to be in such a key position, Arteta is being played way too deep and effectively we're playing with only one man who we know can be relied upon to score, and there's no surprises why his scoring record compared to the team is unreal.

Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea, QPR, Everton, Wolves, Fulham, all our CL games, etc etc, all shit, lacklustre performances that saw loads of possession with no end product or even any intensity in the final third, each game we either scraped wins thanks mainly to RVP or we dropped points against SHIT opposition when we inevitably concede through our shit defence/inability at set pieces.

I've said all season we're a team just waiting for disaster, this loss was always in the cards as will the many other dropped points we'll have further on in the season when RVP simply cannot keep saving us.
We're plain a simply far too short on quality at the top end and our build up play seems to get slower every match.

What happened to the one touch passing, tear the arse out of the opposition defence before an Henry/Pires/Bergy one on one tap in?

Wenger's lose the plot ever since that CL final defeat.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby friedslice » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:28 am

Dejan wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:Rosicky was shite again today as well. He really needs to go soon too.

Not even half the player he was.

He was shite,

but shite again? This was his 1st really crap performance this season :? :?

He's been average at best all season. He contributes nothing when on the picth these days and its starting to piss me off becuase benayoun is better but is still behind him in the pecking order.

There are a few games this season where Rosicky comes on and actually makes the difference.

I agree. I thought Rosicky did a good job last week when he started through the middle ahead of Ramsey, looked far more dangerous than Ramsey ever does at least.

But that's all we need, get rid of Rosicky and Arshavin just as people are demanding, that'll definately help out our bluntness in attacking positions :dontknow:
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:02 am

So , now that my thoughts have settled in . Its clear why we lost the match.

1] Individual errors : Sczesny made a mess of a regulation ball inside the box . Once we let in that goal , Fulham became more confident that they could actually nick it .

Djorou's second yellow soft in hindsight but he gave the ref no option , especially when he had been warned a couple of times . Djorou should have known that , any contact and Zamora was going down and from the ref's position the second yellow may be a little harsh but fair when you keep in mind the earlier warnings given to Djorou by the ref . With ten men it was not impossible to hold out for ten minutes , but we panicked and paid the price .

2]No threat upfront barring RVP : If anybody is expecting , RVP to stay after the shower of sh*t he saw today , then they must be day-dreaming . Walcott has to be sold , as simple as that . The way he passed the ball to Song square , when he himself was in a great position , shows his confidence is shot . I hate to say it , Walcott has no future at AFC . Now Gervinho , i am sorry but he should not be starting games for us until he improves his finishing by a big time . The number of times , he skied the ball , gave the ball away cheaply , scuffed the shot was sick .His problem is not just confidence . His problem is that he lacks the technique to put the ball in the back of the net and get those 10-15 goals per season . When he reaches the box /byline he never looks up but just blindly passes the ball hoping for somebody to get at the end of it . Gervinho is a WF and we cannot waste an entire season hoping for him to come good in front of the goal . I just feel we need to start AOC and play somebody like a Podolski/Gotze on the flanks cos at the moment RVP is getting frustrated with clowns he is paired with up front .

3]Lack of quality on the Bench : When you look at the bench we do not have somebody who could get us out of the jail when we are behind . AOC is there but for some reason he did not even make it to the bench .

4]Player-Burn out : RVP , Song , Arteta , are playing games non stop and i am afraid , they need a breather. We need to have some fresh legs to rejuvenate/rotate but whom do we replace them with . We need a quality striker and a CAM who is versatile and can be employed on the flanks .Podolski and Gotze would be perfect for us but Wenger won't .
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:29 am

You know what is the saddest thing about this loss?

Its the fact that Wenger clearly stated that RvP could not play this game because he was burning himself out, and yet he has so little faith in our back up "Super duper quality" players that he did not even rest him.

We may all moan about the lack of quality and all that, but we are not in a position to do anything about it, if the man who brought these players to the club doesn't think they are good enough to start then what hope do we have?

Now i am not for a minute suggesting that the result would have been any different if Chamakh, Oxo and Oriskcy had all started, even Park, but its a damning outlook on our squad when a manager is too scared to change things for fear of going off the rails.

So what AW has done instead has run our team into the ground so that after 45 minutes they all looked burned out.

I don't care what AW's reasoning was behind it but it backfired badly.

And for all of you blaming the ref, doesn't change the fact that we missed several guilt edged chances, you should not need a refs decision to win a game. The game should have been put to bed long before those decisions came into play.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:29 pm

Still reeling from yesterdays result, cant say any more than whats already been said here, just when we think things are going to perk up we lose to bloody fulham.
We ALL know whats wrong just wish Wenger would see it, and why didnt Ox even make the bench yesterday?

Im not going to make it a ref cost us a pen blah blah but Lee Probert is one of the worse refs i have ever seen officiate, he should be effing sacked! thought there was a panel that sat analysing refs decisions every week, WHY OH WHY is the idiot still in a job!?
And im not just talking about our game yesterday, he was god damn awful in games where Liverpool & the Swans have played, basic refereeing decisions....offside from a throw in??? coirners, offsides, pens, the list goes on, FFS get back to school!
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:41 pm

Great first half, shitty 2nd. What is frustrating is I thought the QPR game and Wolves game, and first half of this game we played some of our best football of the season, yet we only get 4 pts in 3 games from it. And that is why you have to be consistent all year long. The only thing we're consistent at is being inconsistent.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:53 am

Bergkamp64 wrote:F**in' woeful 2nd half . Once again we come up short against a " lesser " side . I know we're injury ravaged but a top four side should have the strength in depth to be dealing with the Fulhams etc.
We're really up against it now . We don't wanna have to be relying on other teams results in the run in
That 2nd half was f**in' poor.

3 years ago man utd lost 2-0 at fulham 3 weeks after beating them 4-0 there in the fa cup[remember rooney getting sent off]?
2 years ago man utd lost 3-0 at fulham
we were very poor in the 2nd half but no team have a divine right to win anywhere
you have to graft
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:17 am

Inchpractice wrote:
Maxduke wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
Maxduke wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:The ref has played a huge part in the result of this game.

We missed some great chances sure but for f**k's sake he's been dire.

Wow :lol:

You seriously think Probert was good do you?

I'm not one for blaming the ref but that's the second game in a row where the ref has been utterly clueless.

Don't think he made too many bad calls.

No worse than what refs do to other teams on a daily basis, he certainly didn't play a huge part in the result and what about that linesman, called Fulham offside twice near the end when they wasn't.

I just think Arsenal look to blame the referee all too often instead of looking at their own players who were clearly shocking in that second half.

Like I've already said (and you've already replied to it) we missed loads of chances and should've put the game to bed in the first half so the ref is clearly not the only reason we lost the game but as soon as we were down to ten men it was a completely different game and we had no hope of winning it.
Any team that goes down to ten men away from home against a team like Fulham with their attacking flair is pretty much f***ked. Especially if the player they lose is a defender.

That's why refs need a VERY good reason for sending someone off and that was nowhere near a very good reason.

when did we become so lilly livered?
when we was at wembley in the 1993 fa cup semi when lee dixon got sent off with 5 mins left for pulling down edinburgh
nobody threw there arms up and went
thats it.. there is no way we are holding onto this 1 goal lead
our implosions and subsequent moans about refereeing decisions are becoming a joke.
if you moan about everything it makes it harder when you do have a genuine case.
there was enough contact on gervinho for a penalty regardless of his theatrical fall
but

djourou,s were yellow card offences all day long.
mr wenger the transfer window opens so you can address issues in your team.
stop making excuses and do your job
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:30 am

elkanofan wrote:Fulham are definatley our bogey team :|

3 defeats in 26 games
not a great bogey for picking and flicking
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:42 am

Fabrestuta wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
Maxduke wrote:How can you say Djourou shouldn't have been sent off? He was lucky to even be on the pitch to make that foul he got sent off for to be honest.

The ref denied us a pen when there was clearly contact and the red card was ludicrously harsh. I've never ever seen anyone sent off for putting their hand on someone's shoulder.
What DJ did before that is irrelevant. Refs can't give punishment retrospectively.

He got the handball decision wrong, several free kicks went the wrong way. Several times he should've played the advantage and he didn't, it was absolutely woeful.
I can't see how anyone could say otherwise.

:dontknow:

Don't you think despite all this, we could have won the game had Chesney not made that howler ?

Won the game with ten men? What planet are you living on?

Oh is it so difficult to hold on to a lead with ten men against Fulham and that too for the last ten minutes?

Teams have come from behind to get wins with ten men and you are talking as though it is impossible to hold on with ten men for bloody ten min?

Imma do a starman. We came from 2 down to beat Bolton 3-2 before with 10 men.

thanks mate
i forgot that 1 and it was 1 of the last away games i went to
pissing down with rain
a goal down then diaby gets sent off for a shocking tackle with an hour left.2 down by half time
almunia made a fine save to keep it 2 nil
on comes walcott and we have much more of an attacking edge
van persie scores a pen.hleb scores and a last min og keeps us very much in the title race.
the scribes had to change there well worn arsenal soft up north script
starmandb

Postby Est83 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:06 am

About ten years back - I think - we went a good few years without managing to beat Liverfool. Then when we finally did, we did so with 10 men after going a goal down.

... I think.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby starmandb » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:44 am

Est83 wrote:About ten years back - I think - we went a good few years without managing to beat Liverfool. Then when we finally did, we did so with 10 men after going a goal down.

... I think.

yes mate 01/02
van bronkhorst was sent off for diving at 0-0 before half time
we went 2 up liverpool pulled one back but we won 2-1
it was our 1st win at anfield in 9 years
starmandb

Postby Est83 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:48 am

I am on the f**king ball man!

... ask me anything!!!!!