Fulham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 02/01/2012

Fulham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 02/01/2012

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:08 pm

It was nice to see big Phil looking the solid CB he was always destined to become. He looked good going forward too. In fact if you offered me a straight swap for mertesacker... :hiding:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Re: Fulham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 02/01/2012

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Boxer wrote:Im not going to say the ref this the ref that. Fact is, we got beat because we cant finish a team off.

Theo,,,feck off
Gerv,,get a grip or feck off
Ramsey, Song and Arteta, if in site of the goal have a fecking pop yeh.
Robin,, have a feckin word with the above 3.

Henry,,,hurry up and get out there, this feckin lot could`nt score in a brothel.

and wenger,,get the feckin money out or feck off.........forget that, just feck off.

I think tiredness set in in regard to Arteta. Wenger has been going on about having a big squad but doesn't rotate the midfield.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:09 pm

elkanofan wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:Rosicky was shite again today as well. He really needs to go soon too.

Not even half the player he was.

He was shite,

but shite again? This was his 1st really crap performance this season :? :?

You said that last time. And the time before that.

You really are something else Elk, you know that

No i didn't say that :?

You did. If I have time tomorrow I might even look for the quotes, shouldn't be too hard to find. You've admitted more than once already this season that Rosicky was shit and each time you say it's his first bad game

Are you also the type to stay 21 for ever? ;)
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Maxduke » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:12 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Maxduke wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
Maxduke wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
Maxduke wrote:I've seen it, plenty of times.

Do you think the Gervinho incident was a penalty?

Senderos, touched his foot slightly. SLIGHTLY.
I imagine Gervinho has some pretty decent balance and a slight touch to 1 of his legs is not enough to knock both feet off the ground. He took a chance in trying to deceive the ref and it failed.

I tend to agree with you on most things mate but I think you're dead wrong on this one. You're saying a hand on a shoulder is worse than a trip - and that is what it was, a trip in the box. Peno all day long, just like the last 5 we have been denied in as many games. How many points is that?

I never said it was worse, but if he's asking for a penalty from a dive, he has to accept the red from a dive. What Djourou was sent off for, you see it all the time, and I knew instantly he was finally going for that.

But it wasn't a dive... how can you say that's a dive man? He got tripped over. Yeah he flung his arms up in the air, ok whatever he's a ponce, but if he's tripped he's tripped.

1 foot Senderos clipped, 1. So how an earth Gervinho ended up with both feet off the ground and falling like he'd just been shot I'll never know.

He did fling himself, his arms at least, but c'mon Senderos, for all his many faults, is a big unit and if he trips you over you go over and gervinho is a featherweight I mean just look at him. He did fling his arms up yeah sure but a foul is a foul thus not a dive... you know that.

Big unit maybe, but when only his foot touches you...

I mean if you was about to fight Senderos(:lol:) and you was at jogging speed and just about to turn, but his foot catches 1 of your feet do you think you'd honestly go down? If you tell me honestly you would, then I'll admit to being wrong. :P

Also a foul is a foul, is meh. Look at say Gervinho slap on Barton, it's a foul as you can't slap someone but he went down like a girl(diving).
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Maxduke wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
Maxduke wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

I imagine Gervinho has some pretty decent balance and a slight touch to 1 of his legs is not enough to knock both feet off the ground. He took a chance in trying to deceive the ref and it failed.

I tend to agree with you on most things mate but I think you're dead wrong on this one. You're saying a hand on a shoulder is worse than a trip - and that is what it was, a trip in the box. Peno all day long, just like the last 5 we have been denied in as many games. How many points is that?

I never said it was worse, but if he's asking for a penalty from a dive, he has to accept the red from a dive. What Djourou was sent off for, you see it all the time, and I knew instantly he was finally going for that.

But it wasn't a dive... how can you say that's a dive man? He got tripped over. Yeah he flung his arms up in the air, ok whatever he's a ponce, but if he's tripped he's tripped.

1 foot Senderos clipped, 1. So how an earth Gervinho ended up with both feet off the ground and falling like he'd just been shot I'll never know.

@Zedie - I accept Zamora made the most of it, what I'm saying is. You can't expect Zamora to not get the FK and then expect Gervinho to get the penalty, it's either both or none but unlucky for Arsenal today it went the opposite to what you wanted.

completely agree with the bit in bold mate.

re gervs phantom pen, he probably didnt need to raise his hands, but it doesnt excuse that it was a foul in the box full stop. if refs need to apply the rules of the game, if he thought he was diving, he should have booked him, if he thought he made a meal of the challenge but was fouled, he should have given the pen.

Probert did neither and that amounts to daylight robbery again...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:14 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:Rosicky was shite again today as well. He really needs to go soon too.

He was shite,

He's been average at best all season. He contributes nothing when on the picth these days and its starting to piss me off becuase benayoun is better but is still behind him in the pecking order.

No he contributes a shitload in getting he midfield f***ing moving, which i expect him to do today, he did for about five mintues the just faded and was crap.

I see so many games this and last season, Ramsey/Wilshiere/Song/Arshavin etc.., whoever has disappeared and drifted out of the game the other team is taking control, he comes on gets some passes going, get's some movement going, put tackles in,and usual sets up a goal with a key pass (pre assist) Works his ass off to boot. I watch a lot of midfielders and i don't see many central midfielders with movement and intelligent decision making and consistent passing like him.

Sorry i respect the guy too much in how he's changes his game after his 18 months out. Others would had retired.

He's never going to be the same genuis he was at Dortmund, his shooting is just gone now, he dosne't really attack much, trys to take control of the midfield instead.

On another point Ramsey when playing in midfield or as an AM, just dosen't stamp his authority for 90 mintues, which is what Cesc used to do before he stopped caring.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Maxduke » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:15 pm

I said the same, when it happened, either book him or give the penalty.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:17 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

He was shite,

You said that last time. And the time before that.

You really are something else Elk, you know that

No i didn't say that :?

You did. If I have time tomorrow I might even look for the quotes, shouldn't be too hard to find. You've admitted more than once already this season that Rosicky was shit and each time you say it's his first bad game

Are you also the type to stay 21 for ever? ;)

No i didn't, i mean are you goign to bring up the Man United game where everyone was shit, rosicky was 'shit' but ironically was one of our better players that day :dizzy:

Or, well, seriously i can't rememeber another game in which he played and he was really shit, it's just been two games. The other occasions he's been good but you just critizized him for the sake of it.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Maxduke wrote:I said the same, when it happened, either book him or give the penalty.

I said at the time I was surprised he wasn't booked for diving. If it wasn't a penalty it was a dive. Its not rocket science.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Zedie » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Maxduke wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
Maxduke wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
Maxduke wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

He did fling himself, his arms at least, but c'mon Senderos, for all his many faults, is a big unit and if he trips you over you go over and gervinho is a featherweight I mean just look at him. He did fling his arms up yeah sure but a foul is a foul thus not a dive... you know that.

Big unit maybe, but when only his foot touches you...

I mean if you was about to fight Senderos(:lol:) and you was at jogging speed and just about to turn, but his foot catches 1 of your feet do you think you'd honestly go down? If you tell me honestly you would, then I'll admit to being wrong. :P

Also a foul is a foul, is meh. Look at say Gervinho slap on Barton, it's a foul as you can't slap someone but he went down like a girl(diving).

Gerv should have gone for the slap as we all know you dont put hands/arms to face (unless your Kevin Davies or Alan Shearer) but Barton should have gone for conning/trying to con the referee.

Same as kevin nolan should have gone for getting Szczney in a headlock during the 4-4 but apparently that was cool too.

Theres plenty of examples where it seems that Arsenal were 'unlucky' with reffing decisions...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Maxduke » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Exactly, that's a dive and a foul in the same thing, which I feel is what happened today with the penalty shout, different circumstances though.

The 4-4, now that was a refereeing nightmare. :lol:
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GoonerGetYA » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:02 pm

We're shit, its that simple. Shadow of the team we once were!!! nothing but a shadow and when RVP leaves in the summer, we'll be nothing!
A new hope
GoonerGetYA
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:04 pm

We're far from shit, we just cant score enough goals lately. We should have put Fulham to the sword in the 1st half.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Hello place 6.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby gooner_7890 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:We're far from shit, we just cant score enough goals lately. We should have put Fulham to the sword in the 1st half.

I agree, we really need to start scoring more of the chances we create or else it will cost us valuable points like it has today.

The likes of Walcott and Ramsey need to start chipping in with more goals because if Van Persie has a dip in form or picks up an injury, we'll only continue drop points.
gooner_7890
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12