Fulham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 02/01/2012

Re: Fulham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 02/01/2012

Postby yosifun » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:33 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:We're far from shit, we just cant score enough goals lately. We should have put Fulham to the sword in the 1st half.

True, Walcott and Gervinho are far from their form in the start of the season, Arteta could possibly need a rest and Ramsey and Song are not the ones who will bring you goals/assists on a regular basis (though Ramsey did have attempts on goal).

Our bench nevertheless is far from a top 4 quality with all respect to Ox, Yossi, Rosicky and Arshavin.. we need quality strikers and wingers to run the ball like we should. Henry will replace Gervinho in the starting 11, but we still lack firepower to bring in the middle of the game.

Won't say more words about the defense, the injuries are taking their toll.. At least we're 5th place with 5 defenders and Wilshere out, not an easy thing you can all agree.

1000th post! :cheers2: finally my rank matches my avatar and favorite Gunner!
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:10 pm

I'm not going to rant about the result or anything, its pointless.

We all know whats wrong, Wenger isn't going to change anything, we won't spend big this month or the summer and we'll struggle to get 4th while our rivals steal a march on us again next season,

Rinse and repeat.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mg86 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:11 pm

My winger thread is a case and point explanation for this loss today. To expand on it, the defense is in such an uncomfortable period at the moment it is rediculous. Sagna, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Gibbs and Santos out. That's arguably 3 starters. Then on top of that, the offense in front of them can't manage to score unless Van Persie has the chance to shoot on goal so they are in effect playing prevention the whole game. Prevent the other team from scoring because our offense can't score more than one.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zedie » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:16 pm

mg86 wrote:My winger thread is a case and point explanation for this loss today. To expand on it, the defense is in such an uncomfortable period at the moment it is rediculous. Sagna, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Gibbs and Santos out. That's arguably 3 starters. Then on top of that, the offense in front of them can't manage to score unless Van Persie has the chance to shoot on goal so they are in effect playing prevention the whole game. Prevent the other team from scoring because our offense can't score more than one.

To add to that, i think Wenger is hesitating to throw in Myachi and Ox because then we'd be playing with inexperience infront of inexperience (in the FB positions) on both sides which could be a receipe for disaster.

Although both do cover, im sure Walcott and to a lesser extent Gervinho (although he does do it anyway) have been trained as a team to defend like a team, when Ox and Miyachi are barely out of youth football and havent had the chance to make the defensive positional mistakes that they no doubt will have.

If we had Santos or sagna fit, i recon they would have had a few more chances than they have had to date. Its a shame that jenkinson has been injured as well, because this time would have been golden for him to learn the trade and get properly settled...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby mg86 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Zedie wrote:
mg86 wrote:My winger thread is a case and point explanation for this loss today. To expand on it, the defense is in such an uncomfortable period at the moment it is rediculous. Sagna, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Gibbs and Santos out. That's arguably 3 starters. Then on top of that, the offense in front of them can't manage to score unless Van Persie has the chance to shoot on goal so they are in effect playing prevention the whole game. Prevent the other team from scoring because our offense can't score more than one.

To add to that, i think Wenger is hesitating to throw in Myachi and Ox because then we'd be playing with inexperience infront of inexperience (in the FB positions) on both sides which could be a receipe for disaster.

Although both do cover, im sure Walcott and to a lesser extent Gervinho (although he does do it anyway) have been trained as a team to defend like a team, when Ox and Miyachi are barely out of youth football and havent had the chance to make the defensive positional mistakes that they no doubt will have.

If we had Santos or sagna fit, i recon they would have had a few more chances than they have had to date. Its a shame that jenkinson has been injured as well, because this time would have been golden for him to learn the trade and get properly settled...

Gervinho has been playing for us for half a season, I'm still behind him to finally just reach a moment where it all clicks and come together. Walcott on the other hand has had ample time and doesn't do it for me, just a physical beast but not a talented footballer.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zedie » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:33 pm

mg86 wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Gervinho has been playing for us for half a season, I'm still behind him to finally just reach a moment where it all clicks and come together. Walcott on the other hand has had ample time and doesn't do it for me, just a physical beast but not a talented footballer.

It probably would have been better if his careers advisor had got him into athletics instead. Who knows, i think hes just on a proper downturn at the moment. I suppose we've got to be patient and wait for him to regain his form because i cant see him being sold anytime soon.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Bergkamp64 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:49 pm

It sickens me that I'm looking for Spuds to have a blip so Arsenal might gain some ground . I cannot see us competing for a top four with the present team and all the injuries . The scenario of us not being in The CL next season is abhorrent . We are far too erratic , and unless Spurs and Chelsea have a seismic drop in form , we're in The Europa . I cannot fathom how we are going to get top four and stay there for the remainder of this season on current form . I feel like shit . Utterly sick about it .
Bergkamp64
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Est83 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:54 pm

fuckbollocksshitcunt fuckfuckfuck cuntcuntcunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! k***!!!

I missed the game as I was working, but surely players should have been rested!?!?!?! I can understand leeping RvP in there (even though he surely needs a rest now) as Chamakh is shite, Park wasn't bought to play, and Henry - I'm assuming - hasn't officially signed(???)

... was expecting this loss all day long. What else would have happened after everyone loosing their last game? Arsenal take advantage? pfffft!!!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:02 pm

A liverpool fan is now hyping :|
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:29 pm

Still absofuckinglutely fuming. We capitulate well enough on our own thanks very much, we do not need this shit from referees week in, week out. Last season if every major decision went the correct way we would have finished 2nd. Right now I have no idea where we'd be if we hadn't been shat over all season. Let's just do the past few weeks; 5 penalties (and that is being conservative, it could be 7 really) not given in the last 4 games. We should have won this game, that's 3 points, we should have got a point at City, we should have beaten Wolves.

That's 6 points in the last 3 weeks simply for pens not being given and the sending off today. We should be on 42 points, above Spurs with them having a couple games in hand. In other words, RIGHT f***ing UP THERE. Nothing makes me angrier than this shit, every god damn season and now we just take it lying down because we are so used to it. Remember how up in arms the tiny totts fans were because they were screwed by the ref in one measly game? Think how Man U react - club and fans, when anything goes against them. We just take it without batting an eyelid now, tells you everything you need to know.

Oh no sorry, it all evens out over the season.... I think not
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Massa » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:33 pm

WINGERS
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Gunflash » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:59 pm

Our second half performance was terrible. Teams know that if they can keep Arsenal to 1-0 during a period of domination (or 2-0, 3-0 or even 4-0 as the Newcastle debacle showed) then they will have a chance to come back. It was like we didn't come out for the second half. Wenger's substitutions were poor, as usual. Taking off Walcott robbed us of an outlet and we all knew that the team would be incapable of holding out against aerial balls as Fulham pushed us further and further back. How Squillaci is still wearing an Arsenal shirt is beyond me. I also think that Szczęsny could have done much better with Zamora's winner. If we had won today we'd have been only six points off the top of the table but even that was beyond Arsenal. Our defending was chaotic. Giving away two late goals was criminal but I'm not really surprised.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:20 am

Reasons we lost (in order):
1) Wenger should have rotated the squad a bit.
2) Should have buried the game in the first half, but, as usual, we only manage to score 1 in 5000 chances :angry:
3) Certain players did not show up/were their usual self: Theo and RVP didn't show up, Arteta was clearly tired, Szcz could have been more reliable in between the sticks, and, as much as it pains me to admit it, Gervinho has no clue what to do in front of goal. The chance were Gervinho should have used his head is a case in point
4) Ref had an agenda against us, full stop!!!!!!
-Penalty on Gervinho all day long. Whether Gervinho dived or not, A trip is a trip is a f**king trip. I guarantee if the roles were reversed, Fulham would have been awarded the penalty.
-How can you give Djourou a second yellow card for putting his f**king hand on Zamora, when, in fact, ZAMORA WAS DOING THE EXACT SAME THING!!!! A FOUL, YES, BUT DON'T SEND THE MAN OFF FFS!!! Look at the Chelsea-Wolves game for example. The game was heated and, I swear, I thought someone was going to get injured and/or sent off, but neither happened because the ref did not want to give one team an unfair advantage over the other and DID NOT WANT TO TAKE THE F**KING GAME INTO HIS OWN HANDS!!!!!
-It doesn't surprise me that Fulham got their two goals the second Djourou got sent off. We were already playing with a makeshift back line but why not handicap us further, Lee f**king Probert. Bringing on Squillaci is a handicap to our team in and of itself, let alone deploying him at RB :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
-The ref was itching to give Fulham a free kick despite the fact the linesman flagged for a free kick in our favor. What the hell was he thinking here. When I saw it, I first thought Dempsey handballed it and it was a free kick to us. Only to see the ref about to award Fulham a free kick, go figure :disgust: :shifty:

I could go on, but at the end of the day, we're at fault for the result today. All I ask from the officials, though, is PLEASE DO YOUR F**KING JOBS!!!!! :angry:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Zenith » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:35 am

Massa wrote:WINGERS

²
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:38 am

Myrmedus wrote:I don't understand why we seem to attract players with no end product like a flame attracts moths? Does Wenger actually consider this a pre-requisite to any buy? "Must not have the ability to finish."

"it would kill ze career of Van Perzie"
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12