Arsenal Vs QPR Premiership 31/12/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs QPR Premiership 31/12/2011

Postby starmandb » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:12 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Lol as usual starman will comb the entire thread and comment on numerous posts. :lol:

yes mate and maybe fans in the stadium and all over the world will be 100 per cent behind the team in getting a result.
i,ve seen the crowd pull the team thru plenty of times
whats to lose?

what does that have to do with what is said on a forum?

so do you think you are different on a matchday if you are on a forum to what you are if you are in the stadium?
i don,t believe you are
i think you are a fan weather you are in there or not and your job is the same
to get behind the team
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Lol as usual starman will comb the entire thread and comment on numerous posts. :lol:

yes mate and maybe fans in the stadium and all over the world will be 100 per cent behind the team in getting a result.
whats to lose?

We've had this convo many times, but there is a lot of ex pats who cannot possibly get to games on this site. Once in a while you might want to take that into account.

You have an unpleasant habit of trawling through a thread and commenting, often unfavourably and making other Gooners look like shit. You will defend to end the shitest display from the shitest player (love to see what you said about Jimmy Carter or Igors Stepanovs at the time) but you belittle any Gooner who makes any sort of comment against Arsenal.
of coarse there is and i have the upmost respect for gunners all over the world and consider myself very fortunate to still be able to go over there.
what is the point in posting on a forum if you don,t beilieve your opinion will be challenged/agreed with.
if you want total agreement then keep your own council.
if a gunner feels like shit i can only apologise
but suggest a thicker skin is needed
i have no desire to be right and am wrong on many things but i will never just casually throw my hands up and say we can,t win a game or everything has turned to shit.
there are things wrong at the club and i have been vehement in my condemnation of wenger over the last 10 months in particular but if somebody challenges my veiws i will try to explain my reasoning for arriving at them.
if there is an impass then i understand that an agreement to disagree is the best resolution
as for jimmy carter
nice young man
came to see my son in the whittington when after a day he was taken back in hospital near xmas with breathing difficultys
did,nt stop me believing he was a poor signing for us
on a particular tuesday night after a long drive up to blackburn and a 1-0 defeat where carter did little more than run the ball out of play.
the talk in the car was not about how nice he had looked in his kit or how he had tried
but during the game he was given total support.
as for stepanovs he was shocking at old trafford as was luzhny who was his central defensive partner and despite bein a part of a title winning squad was never quite up to it for us
cygan often gets linked with that old trafford debacle but he was not on the pitch at any stage in that game and was[whilst not being the best player to pull on the shirt] was a usefull member of the invincibles squad
stepanovs however was a bit of a nightmare
the night in the worthington cup when we lost a 2 goal lead v sunderland at home to 3 headers.
meant that the liabilty he was made his future appearances at highbury very limited
starmandb

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:17 pm

starmandb wrote:
ivan itchybum wrote:
PLF wrote:Thank you starman, You're the man.
All the stupids kids on this site calling themselves fans can go f*ck themselves as far as I'm concerned.

so the stupid kids shouldn't bother voicing their opinion. Whats the point of the forum :dontknow:

so that people can impart and gain knowledge.
its an open open forum
everybody is entitled to there opinion
but should not fear it being challenged

where was the challenge he just said they can go f*** themselves :dontknow:
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:29 pm

Wasn't trying to wind you up starman. Was just an observation. I know you are very passionate.

--------------

Now onto a different poster

@ PLF. Why do you even post on internet forums? All you do is call people names. Is it because you get the shite kicked out of you in real life that you have to be the keyboard warrior online? I haven't been silly kid for a long time and a lot of people here are married with children. I love the way you constantly mouth off while hiding behind a computer screen. Big man eh.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:29 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
SammyGunner11 wrote:Glad we won (despite the poor stream I used to watch the game). My take on the game:

*Should have had two penalties and the player that elbowed Arshavin should have been sent off (especially if Sammon got sent off in the United-Wigan game for a much lighter offense)
*I couldn't decide whether to laugh or punch a hole through my wall when Walcott missed that chance.
*RVP, reliable as always
*One moment of brilliance from Arshavin, as usual

I would hardly call it a moment of brilliance, a pub league player could have played the pass that he did. He was awful and gave the ball away too many times to count, his overall play invited pressure on us.

awful is a bit harsh, he was better than walcott...

Just to make it clear, I was not praising Arshavin (Totally far from it). I was just re-stating the fact that thats all he adds to the team, and, believe it or not, he's my least favorite player in our squad. I admit, though, that I probably should have used a word other than "brilliance."

I also couldn't believe he won the man-of-the-match award on the official website :rolleyes: . I found that very strange :think:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:20 am

starmandb wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
starmandb wrote:

whats to lose?

so do you think you are different on a matchday if you are on a forum to what you are if you are in the stadium?
i don,t believe you are
to get behind the team

you're chaning what you're talking about in every post
you start by talking about the crowd, then you make reference to all supporters
you won't find anyone who would consider a forum part of a matchday crowd
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby friedslice » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:07 am

starmandb wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
starmandb wrote:

whats to lose?

i don,t believe you are
to get behind the team

YES, 100%.

A forum is about voicing opinion, and mainly, frustrations. We all love a moan up and a Forum provides the best chance to vent our frustration and clear our chest. I'll guarantee just about every sports forum in the world will be quieter when the team/club/sport is doing well, people in my experience tend to log on more when they've got an axe to grind, but that's human nature.

I love a good moan up on here every now and then, about the state of the club/team etc. But come match day I'm the loudest, most boisterous Gooner you'll find. I refuse to sit (even when watching at home) and will be full vocal for the full 90 minutes, I'm that guy behind you who's always standing up and starting the songs, I'm the guy giving it to the away fans who think it's clever to abuse MY club. I'm the guy at your United/Chelsea/insert club friends house party who'll be up singing ARSENAL TIL I DIE. but I'll be on here in the week venting whatever frustrations I may have.

It couldn't be any more of a contrast between a moan up on the internet with fellow gooners, than it is in reality whilst supporting the team, and im sure most of us are the same.

There's a clear difference between educated opinions/concerns and support of the club, you don't seem to grasp that too well.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby friedslice » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:10 am

And with regards to the match it was EXACTLY the same old story that ive bemoaned in match threads all season, with wolves midweek and again at the weekend =

Plenty of possession and free flowing passing football with very little intensity, spark or killer instinct in the final third, with the inevitable cheap goal conceded from a set piece or defensive cock up.
We're so blatently short of top class talent in the final third it's funny, but we won't get the 2-3 bodies we desperately need this January.

Somehow we've scraped into the top 4, but we WILL NOT stay there unless we fix the problems that have been routinely consistent for most of our victories/draws this season.
We don't strengthen we don't get top 4, and I think that's pretty blatent. RVP simply cannot be expected to save us for another 5 months without breaking down with injury at some point.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:39 am

Fabrestuta wrote:Wasn't trying to wind you up starman. Was just an observation. I know you are very passionate.

--------------

Now onto a different poster

@ PLF. Why do you even post on internet forums? All you do is call people names. Is it because you get the shite kicked out of you in real life that you have to be the keyboard warrior online? I haven't been silly kid for a long time and a lot of people here are married with children. I love the way you constantly mouth off while hiding behind a computer screen. Big man eh.

no offence taken mate,happy new year
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:50 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
starmandb wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
starmandb wrote:

whats to lose?

i don,t believe you are
to get behind the team

you're chaning what you're talking about in every post
you start by talking about the crowd, then you make reference to all supporters
you won't find anyone who would consider a forum part of a matchday crowd

ok,then i have to accept that i,m alone in my belief that a gooner is a gooner every waking hour weather at a match or not.[and i don,t think it makes you any less of a fan if you like a moan up,just different]
i like our mantra of know who you are and what you represent and have no problem with any kind of constructive critisicm. however i feel negativity for the sake of it is damaging and reduces our chances of winning rather than enhancing.
if i,m changing what i,m talking about in every post it because i,m trying to respond to each point.
i,m sorry if it is coming across a little ham fisted
starmandb

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12