Arsenal Vs Wolves | Premiership 26/12/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs Wolves | Premiership 26/12/2011

Postby elkanofan » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:01 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
Chrissiii wrote:Was watching the news and then the score popped up...couldn't believe it! :disgust:

And regarding the whole Nani debate, I think it's safe to say Nani is double the player of Gervinho. They might be both equally as good as eachother at dribbling (although I'd say Nani is better) but Nani has another important attribute that Gervinho doesn't...he's a better goalscorer!!!!!!

Nani

255 career games - 46 goals

Gervinho

179 career games - 54 goals

Big hole in your argument there...

Just because Gervinho is still finding his feet in this league, do not try and state who is a better goalscorer, Nani wishes he could get into the goalscoring positions Gervinho does.

gervinho has been playing in a bad, bad league

So i guess Hazard is a shit player then :biggrin:
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:03 pm

Dejan wrote:player of the match.
Gervinho 27%
Rosicky 27%

Vote for tomas please, he deserves it

Dejan mate you forget this is Rosicky.

he shit regardless how well he plays because he looks like a heroin addict and dosen't score goals.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:40 pm

As for the whole Nani v Gervinho debate, it depends how you rate it. No doubt that Gerv is better in his first season than Nani was in his, and his goals per games ratio is better.
But now that Nani has 3 seasons of Prem experience (or whatever it is) he is the better player at this moment in time.
I hate the ugly c*** more than words can say but to my eye he seems to have better control, touch, dribbling and decision-making.
Hopefully Gerv will overtake him once he settles in fully. His crossing today was appalling.

Rosicky was very positive as usual today, brilliant cross for Mertesacker's header and several balls lobbed over the top to RVP. It still baffles me when Ramsey starts ahead of him.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:48 pm

elkanofan wrote:
VCC wrote:have to say Rosicky although i would sooner have him than Arsh,he simply is too slow now he gets run down every time he gets into space,all in all we are grossly carying too many players who have lost it or simply not up to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:? I mean did you not see the first goal?

yes i did and it was the best game rosicky has had in a long time,i arnt kicking him when he is down,the man is three yards slower than he used to be,and frankly when he gets the ball and then runs around in a circle,i cant beleive a professional player has not sorted out exactly what he does imo he would be the easiest player to mark in the world.good player 4-5 years ago past it now, at Arsenal we are carrying too many also runs................Almunia,Fabianski,Gibbs(injury prone),diaby,Arsh,Denilsen,Vella,Bendtner,Djourou,Squillachi,Rosicky,.............there is 11 players would any of those make a united,city,spuds,chelski starting 11, or bench
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:58 pm

VCC wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
VCC wrote:have to say Rosicky although i would sooner have him than Arsh,he simply is too slow now he gets run down every time he gets into space,all in all we are grossly carying too many players who have lost it or simply not up to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:? I mean did you not see the first goal?

yes i did and it was the best game rosicky has had in a long time,i arnt kicking him when he is down,the man is three yards slower than he used to be,

You only just realized that, i knew that back in 2009 when he first came back he'd lost a few yards, but he's still got some pace, he's faster still than Arteta and i don't see you moaning about him.

and frankly when he gets the ball and then runs around in a circle,i cant beleive a professional player has not sorted out exactly what he does imo he would be the easiest player to mark in the world.

Now i've lost you. Rosicky's game is not to just attack, make pacy runs, through ball and score. he's a central midfielder who tries to everything, but make late runs score. Which he did today! His shooting is crap now, he don't bother anymore with that. He works really hard and plays great passes GREAT crosses, his movement is the best in the club an he's one of the worlds best when it comes to understanding others around him, teamwork, moving off the ball and creating space. he's brilliant at defending also.

Best player on the pitch today! He's very consistent which nobody gives him credit for.

good player 4-5 years ago past it now,

He's changed his game man, seriously! What do you expect after 18 months out.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ivan itchybum » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:05 pm

elkanofan wrote:
ivan itchybum wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
Chrissiii wrote:Was watching the news and then the score popped up...couldn't believe it! :disgust:

And regarding the whole Nani debate, I think it's safe to say Nani is double the player of Gervinho. They might be both equally as good as eachother at dribbling (although I'd say Nani is better) but Nani has another important attribute that Gervinho doesn't...he's a better goalscorer!!!!!!

Nani

255 career games - 46 goals

Gervinho

179 career games - 54 goals

Big hole in your argument there...

Just because Gervinho is still finding his feet in this league, do not try and state who is a better goalscorer, Nani wishes he could get into the goalscoring positions Gervinho does.

gervinho has been playing in a bad, bad league

So i guess Hazard is a shit player then :biggrin:

did i say gervinho was a shit player?
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:07 pm

Arteta plays in a different role and Artetas use of the ball is far better than Rosicky,rosicky has one game in five where he is actually worth something Arteta is consistant and that is what Arsenal needs yes he is older and a little slower than younger players but you know he will give you a consistant performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!simply that is AW bigest mistake he signs too many players that simply are inconsistant.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:09 pm

simply would rosicky make the city united chelski or spuds midfeild
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:28 am

Can't believe we did not get 3 points today :doh: .....
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby ArsenalN5 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:12 am

Thought Benayoun played really well as did Rosicky and Arteta, they bossed the midfield.
Van Persie was disappointing but he cannot be World Class every game.
Gervinho actually scored....Shocker!
Mertesacker still looks suspect doesn't look comfortable on the ball at all, though how did his header not go in?

So sick of these mid to lower teams Goalkeepers having the games of their lives against us.
I feel sick everytime I see Almunia's name on the bench.
ArsenalN5
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:30 am

ArsenalN5 wrote:Thought Benayoun played really well as did Rosicky and Arteta, they bossed the midfield.
Mertesacker still looks suspect doesn't look comfortable on the ball at all, though how did his header not go in?

So sick of these mid to lower teams Goalkeepers having the games of their lives against us.

Apart from the header , all his other saves were either decent/ball to the body ala fluke . He had a solid game but to say he was the reason we lost today is over-hyping like Sky commentators make you believe . RVP's free kick was a regulation save at this level while during the near post effort , he was clearly beaten only his trailing saved his day . let us not fool ourselves in to thinking GK saved their day . You talk about luck when you have clear penalties disallowed , you hit the word work a couple of times but not when you go sideways hunting around the box with no cutting edge.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:21 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
ArsenalN5 wrote:Thought Benayoun played really well as did Rosicky and Arteta, they bossed the midfield.

Apart from the header , all his other saves were either decent/ball to the body ala fluke . He had a solid game but to say he was the reason we lost today is over-hyping like Sky commentators make you believe . RVP's free kick was a regulation save at this level while during the near post effort , he was clearly beaten only his trailing saved his day . let us not fool ourselves in to thinking GK saved their day . You talk about luck when you have clear penalties disallowed , you hit the word work a couple of times but not when you go sideways hunting around the box with no cutting edge.

i thought we drew,must of watched a different game.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:55 am

VCC wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

i thought we drew,must of watched a different game.

Drawing against Wolves at home , with an extra days rest = lost.. Get the drift mate.. ;)
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby ArsenalN5 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:23 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Drawing against Wolves at home , with an extra days rest = lost.. Get the drift mate.. ;)

+1 felt like a result from the failings of last season.
Seems the tippy tappy possession football doesn't work for us. We have 60+% possession and we saw a return of the 'FIFA passing' (continous passing between the back 4.)
ArsenalN5
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:51 am

VCC wrote:simply would rosicky make the city united chelski or spuds midfeild

Never try to have a reasonable debate with elkano about Rosicky. Or anything else. Regardless of how valid your point is (having lost all his pace and trying to turn his way out of trouble in every situation are both valid points) he'll barely read what you say before going on a raving monologue about something else entirely
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12