Arsenal Vs Wolves | Premiership 26/12/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs Wolves | Premiership 26/12/2011

Postby VCC » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:59 am

thing is Rosicky deserved his start today,..........................BUT that is the sad state of our club there are simply too many players that should not be at a top four club,let alone a club that suposidly has title asparations,i chose to pick on rosicky as he was our man of the match sad as that is.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:16 am

Boxer wrote:Massive game this one...A win is a must, anything else is unexceptable.

on a side note....when do the scum play that game in hand?? they seem to be dragging it out.

home to everton 11th jan
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:53 am

GunnGunn wrote:At least there is still 4.....

Oh i f***ing forgot, there isn't 4th because this is what we have been reduced to, playing out of our skins to secure 4th place like it is some f***ing trophy.

We couldn't even beat Wolves to go above Chelsea.

Says it all about our credentials as a team, let alone our bloody title challenging ones.

We will never win the league while AW is in charge, he is a f***ing serial bottler and he has infected our team with it.

like we could,nt even beat aston villa in 88/89 not only could we not beat them we lost
or man utd failing to beat newcastle at home in 08/09
all this... we should beat so and so is part of the problem
you roll your sleeves up and realise that you have to graft for every point
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:04 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Not having genuine wide players , who could draw defenders out wide has hurt us again when teams park the bus in front of the goal. Why take off Yossi and bring on Arshavin. Even if he had to make that change why Arshavin , why not AOC .Wtf was in Wenger's mind .Our subs, Ramsey , Arshavin and Chamakh had zero influence on the game . We had the same issues last year , when we could not break down teams with ten men behind the ball . Who was pulling the strings in the middle of the Park today ? That is why i say , it looks good when things go alright but when things get tricky , with a team defending to death , you have to offer them something different in terms of pace , width and creativity . It was the same old same old today , with wide players taking the ball up to the pass and going side ways around the box , a bit too predictable .Why don't our wide players stay wide to allow mid-fielders to make those runs.

Effort only will not win you football matches , you need quality and creativity to win against all kinds of oppositions . People saying one of those days , have to just looks at the pre-match predictions . We should be beating a side like Wolves day in , day out , whether home or away , luck or no luck , when you look at the gulf between the two sides . Wenger's usual substitutions , he takes out a wide-forward and brings in another , gets another striker in the final 15 minutes , when the need of the hour was to offer something different in-terms of AOC teaming up with RVP in a 4-4-1-1 . Wenger gets caught out in games where he just replaces players like for like with no change in either formation or tactics .

i agree with all that you say apart from the bit about we should beat anyone
football is not like that
however failing to give yourself another option when you have a bit of pace sitting on the bench is incredible
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:39 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Est83 wrote:FFS!!! Are there any easy games anymore? At home against wolves and we only score one, I missed the game but f**k me, say it again... At home to wolves (with the best striker in the world, with a 20mins of 11v10)... and we only score 1!!!

Its not a crisis, but something needs to happen in january. Other teams around us will buy, so we need to see Ox and Park step up and a signing or two on top of that.

Imagine you are up one nil with 8 minutes on the board and the game should have been dead and buried by half time. we shit in our pants the moment we have a team with ten men behind the ball . City face it week in week out , United do and so do Chelsea . Why United and Man-city [ forget their last result ] deal with it much better in that they are not too predictable when things go hard against them . SAF is incredible in that he does it with far lesser quality players at his disposal then City .

man city were 1 nil up at chelsea inside 2mins and lost
last season they were a goal up inside 4 mins at birmingham and drew
last season utd were 1 nil up inside 3 mins at wolves and lost
they were 1 up inside 5mins at home to west brom and lost a 2 goal lead to draw 2-2
the season before they were 1nil up inside 2 mins at bayern munich and lost
the season before chelsea were 1nil up at blackburn inside 6 mins and drew
however i would agree our 3 times being goals up in the 1st 8 minutes and not winning the game [newcastle away, spurs away and yesterday] in the same time frame is 3 times too many
starmandb

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:53 am

starmandb wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Est83 wrote:FFS!!! Are there any easy games anymore? At home against wolves and we only score one, I missed the game but f**k me, say it again... At home to wolves (with the best striker in the world, with a 20mins of 11v10)... and we only score 1!!!

Its not a crisis, but something needs to happen in january. Other teams around us will buy, so we need to see Ox and Park step up and a signing or two on top of that.

Imagine you are up one nil with 8 minutes on the board and the game should have been dead and buried by half time. we shit in our pants the moment we have a team with ten men behind the ball . City face it week in week out , United do and so do Chelsea . Why United and Man-city [ forget their last result ] deal with it much better in that they are not too predictable when things go hard against them . SAF is incredible in that he does it with far lesser quality players at his disposal then City .

they were 1 up inside 5mins at home to west brom and lost a 2 goal lead to draw 2-2
however i would agree our 3 times being goals up in the 1st 8 minutes and not winning the game [newcastle away, spurs away and yesterday] in the same time frame is 3 times too many

I think my point is simple. I am not saying we have no right to loose after going 1-0 up , all i am saying is how many times it happens to us and we we deal with it in the same way .When teams park the bus in front of the goal , you need to draw the defenders out-wide other wise it gets way too narrow and needs a miraculous pass to open up the defence. Or may be you need to go the aerial route with a guy like a Welbeck / Adebayor/Balotelli who can hold the ball up and bring the ball in to play. All i am trying to say is , we have thrown enough points this season and last few seasons in games like these , and we keep on trying the same old methods , either crossing aimlessly with nobody in the box or doing sideways passing all day around the box looking for that miraculous hole through which the ball can be fed to RVP.

United use the full width of the pitch , with genuine wide players -Young and Nani] and i am not exactly talking about quality but players who stay wide and let midfield runners make those runners which when made late are difficult to pick . City have two quality options out-wide on each flank with the magical silva doing the play-making in the final third , Tottenham have Bale and lennon. Its clear lacking a genuine wide-player is hurting us badly as much as a creative play-maker , the less said about striking options on the bench the better .
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:53 am

Boxer wrote:I have`nt seen any of the game, but from what i can make out ,we need to forget about trying to play like barca and get on with grinding out results, like against villa.

wengers full of shit and should feck off as soon as. why take off benny and bring on arshavin?? and what the feck is cham going to do if we are in need of a goal?? :BangHead: :BangHead:

its obvious from the comments he made about ox, park and ryo that we wont be buying anyone in the next few weeks :angry:

where`s that wenger out thread??? :shout:

scored late goals at wolves last season and at blackburn this.
if you are throwing crosses in you would expect a man good in the air to get on the end of them.
however there was a man on the bench i would have brought on before him
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:56 am

VCC wrote:imo Gervinho will be good once he gets over his nerves in front of goal,he tried very hard to make his goal today as dificult as he could lmao, did anyone else feel the same way?

no... he took it very well
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:05 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
VCC wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
ArsenalN5 wrote:Thought Benayoun played really well as did Rosicky and Arteta, they bossed the midfield.
Van Persie was disappointing but he cannot be World Class every game.
Gervinho actually scored....Shocker!
Mertesacker still looks suspect doesn't look comfortable on the ball at all, though how did his header not go in?

So sick of these mid to lower teams Goalkeepers having the games of their lives against us.
I feel sick everytime I see Almunia's name on the bench.

Apart from the header , all his other saves were either decent/ball to the body ala fluke . He had a solid game but to say he was the reason we lost today is over-hyping like Sky commentators make you believe . RVP's free kick was a regulation save at this level while during the near post effort , he was clearly beaten only his trailing saved his day . let us not fool ourselves in to thinking GK saved their day . You talk about luck when you have clear penalties disallowed , you hit the word work a couple of times but not when you go sideways hunting around the box with no cutting edge.

i thought we drew,must of watched a different game.

Drawing against Wolves at home , with an extra days rest = lost.. Get the drift mate.. ;)

no mate a loss is a loss
had we lost against wimbledon in 89 or southampton in 71 rather than draw we would not have won 2 titles
every point is vital
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:13 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

I think my point is simple. I am not saying we have no right to loose after going 1-0 up , all i am saying is how many times it happens to us and we we deal with it in the same way .When teams park the bus in front of the goal , you need to draw the defenders out-wide other wise it gets way too narrow and needs a miraculous pass to open up the defence. Or may be you need to go the aerial route with a guy like a Welbeck / Adebayor/Balotelli who can hold the ball up and bring the ball in to play. All i am trying to say is , we have thrown enough points this season and last few seasons in games like these , and we keep on trying the same old methods , either crossing aimlessly with nobody in the box or doing sideways passing all day around the box looking for that miraculous hole through which the ball can be fed to RVP.

United use the full width of the pitch , with genuine wide players -Young and Nani] and i am not exactly talking about quality but players who stay wide and let midfield runners make those runners which when made late are difficult to pick . City have two quality options out-wide on each flank with the magical silva doing the play-making in the final third , Tottenham have Bale and lennon. Its clear lacking a genuine wide-player is hurting us badly as much as a creative play-maker , the less said about striking options on the bench the better .

i agree with you in large part but what i can,t stand is the myth of man utd.
i agree that they have mental strength but an awful lot of bollocks infiltrates thru the media about things that would never happen to them.
we have not lost a 2 goal lead at home in the champions league yet the arsenal are fragile thing is never far away from being trotted out in the media. i never believe we are beaten and believe we can win anywhere
it would be nice to have someone banging on about our good points like they do about utd
starmandb

Postby Popey » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:16 am

starmandb wrote:
VCC wrote:imo Gervinho will be good once he gets over his nerves in front of goal,he tried very hard to make his goal today as dificult as he could lmao, did anyone else feel the same way?

no... he took it very well

I agree. Just put the ball in the goal. why so difficult? it really looks like he loses his nerves in front of the goal. ok, he scored but how complicated to score. :doh:

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:23 am

Just been watching the highlights. Loved the bit where song flattened two of their players within a few seconds!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:25 am

I also love the fact that whenever there was trouble TV was there sorting it out. We have needed that since Vieira left.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:48 am

I agree but he was walking a fine line, could have been sent off. When Fletcher was it? lashed out at TV I half expected to see his spine snapped over the advertisement boards
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ArsenalN5 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:52 am

I love the way our defence and GK crises have been sorted out.
Vermaelen - Already here.
Szczesny - Came out of nowhere
Koscielny - Hidden treasure
Sagna - Mr Reliable.

Can't wait for a fully fit back 4.

Sagna----Koscielny-------Verminator-------Santos.
ArsenalN5
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12