Aston Villa Vs Arsenal | Premiership 21/12/2011

Re: Aston Villa Vs Arsenal | Premiership 21/12/2011

Postby TRA Dial Square » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:12 pm

So... Just to ask.

When a team beats us, say 2-1 due to the fact that Koscielny for example scores an OG. They deserved to win it?

An OG isn't a ref howler so just wondering.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Massa » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:15 pm

You make your own luck!
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Chrissiii » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Just want to add that I love Dunne...
Chrissiii
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Massa » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:46 pm

Richard or David
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Chrissiii » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:49 pm

The one who plays for Villa - Richard
Chrissiii
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Fabrestuta » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:53 pm

I have sung Richard Dunnes praises for years. If he was French Wenger would have signed him years ago. I still dont understand why Citeh got rid of him. Guess he wasn't a sexy enough name.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Chrissiii » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:54 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:I have sung Richard Dunnes praises for years. If he was French Wenger would have signed him years ago. I still dont understand why Citeh got rid of him. Guess he wasn't a sexy enough name.

Same reason they got rid of Shaun Wrighty then. Good players, not big enough names :rolleyes:
Chrissiii
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Massa » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:18 pm

although wright-phillips is pretty shit
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Chrissiii » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:19 pm

liez
Chrissiii
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby starmandb » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:54 am

ChVint22 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Massa wrote:wtf is alex-oxlade chamberlain srsly

He's on the bench thinking "why did I sign for this shit team".

no his on the bench thinking come on arsenal
give it a go

Oh surprise, surprise, starman is here to quote everybody after a win, shame we don't see you after losses. :rolleyes:

Did you ask him yourself what he was thinking?

thanks for informing me about how we have been awarded the games in olympiacos and at man city.
i did,nt have a computer when we lost at spurs
i tried rolling up a newspaper and shouting out the window but garnered little interest in my close.
you see
living in london, i never meet spurs fans therefore never came across any kind of gloating when they beat us.
in fact that walk back to seven sisters is a backslapping jamboree of bonhomie

its little wonder then that you feel the need to switch on your computer and tell the world how damn miffed you are being an arsenal fan.
i would love to share your pain but here in north london we are so far away from the action that we are totally enamoured from any impact of defeat,
so i thank you for providing that valuable service of squeezing every little negative that can be wrung out of a situation.
shit team? if i,m ever lucky enough to get to see the arsenal i will make sure i fit in with the locals giving it plenty of shit team related dittys so i can be a supporter just like you
we all have the same aim
to see the best club in the world strive to become the best team in the world

i believe that a positive vibe is a good thing to have and sometimes helps a good team over the line.
constructive criticism is 1 thing but some of the negative nonsense people spout i feel the need to respond to.
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:41 am

TRA Dial Square wrote:So... Just to ask.

When a team beats us, say 2-1 due to the fact that Koscielny for example scores an OG. They deserved to win it?

An OG isn't a ref howler so just wondering.

yes, because we wouldn't have been good enough at the back
defending is the same as finishing: if you can't do it well enough, don't expect to be winning any games
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zenith » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:38 am

Very light-weight, who's gonna anticipate all those balls for 90 minuts? (I can't see Arteta and Rosicky do that for the entire game combined with building up).
Song became in my opinion on of our most important players, his build-up play and passing could be better (clearly improving lately) but some people don't seem to realise how many anticipations and interceptions he gets in one game.
Song = one of the best ball-winners in the PL.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:27 pm

starmandb wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Massa wrote:wtf is alex-oxlade chamberlain srsly

He's on the bench thinking "why did I sign for this shit team".

no his on the bench thinking come on arsenal
give it a go

Oh surprise, surprise, starman is here to quote everybody after a win, shame we don't see you after losses. :rolleyes:

Did you ask him yourself what he was thinking?

thanks for informing me about how we have been awarded the games in olympiacos and at man city.
i did,nt have a computer when we lost at spurs
i tried rolling up a newspaper and shouting out the window but garnered little interest in my close.
you see
living in london, i never meet spurs fans therefore never came across any kind of gloating when they beat us.
in fact that walk back to seven sisters is a backslapping jamboree of bonhomie

its little wonder then that you feel the need to switch on your computer and tell the world how damn miffed you are being an arsenal fan.
i would love to share your pain but here in north london we are so far away from the action that we are totally enamoured from any impact of defeat,
so i thank you for providing that valuable service of squeezing every little negative that can be wrung out of a situation.
shit team? if i,m ever lucky enough to get to see the arsenal i will make sure i fit in with the locals giving it plenty of shit team related dittys so i can be a supporter just like you
we all have the same aim
to see the best club in the world strive to become the best team in the world

i believe that a positive vibe is a good thing to have and sometimes helps a good team over the line.
constructive criticism is 1 thing but some of the negative nonsense people spout i feel the need to respond to.

The problem is starman, just as you have that right to be blindly positive, others have the right to be negative, or as I like to call it, a realist. If I'm negative there is a reason for it, not because I just woke up and chose to be negative today. When the team I support and love tries to sell me a shit sandwich but tells me its a really nice turkey deli sandwich with gourmet cheese, and I find out they're lying, I'm not going to sit by and be overly positive hoping that shit taste in my mouth starts to taste like turkey. Being negative on a forum is not going to effect the team, being negative and booing while they're on the pitch will, there is a difference. But no matter how much you come on here after a win and quote everyone with you little "i told you so" jibes, it isn't going to make our squad any better, I'm sorry to tell you buddy.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:59 am

ok mate,thank you for your reply.
the only thing i would say is i never say i told you so because i never make predictions i just always believe that we can.
i do maintain that a mood from a forum or any other outlet can transfer to the stadium.
and i do believe what would make our squad better is if wenger stopped giving them get out of jail excuse cards.
i,e the ref on monday?
i would rather he address glaring faults in our team than moan about the ref.
starmandb

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:36 am

starmandb wrote:ok mate,thank you for your reply.
the only thing i would say is i never say i told you so because i never make predictions i just always believe that we can.

based on what?

i do maintain that a mood from a forum or any other outlet can transfer to the stadium.

how?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12