Aston Villa Vs Arsenal | Premiership 21/12/2011

Re: Aston Villa Vs Arsenal | Premiership 21/12/2011

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:05 pm

starmandb wrote:ok mate,thank you for your reply.
the only thing i would say is i never say i told you so because i never make predictions i just always believe that we can.
i do maintain that a mood from a forum or any other outlet can transfer to the stadium.
and i do believe what would make our squad better is if wenger stopped giving them get out of jail excuse cards.
i,e the ref on monday?
i would rather he address glaring faults in our team than moan about the ref.

Fair enough if you really believe that.

And I didn't mean that you literally come on here and say "I told you so", but that is how you come off when you start quoting all the post you deem negative. People express their frustrations in different ways, it doesn't make them wrong or right.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Aston Villa Vs Arsenal | Premiership 21/12/2011

Postby starmandb » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:52 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
starmandb wrote:ok mate,thank you for your reply.
the only thing i would say is i never say i told you so because i never make predictions i just always believe that we can.

based on what?

i do maintain that a mood from a forum or any other outlet can transfer to the stadium.

how?

based on the fact we went to a notts forest side in 79 that were unbeaten at home in ages and won and went on to win the cup after losing a 2 goal lead in the final
we went to juventus in 1980 and won in the last min of the cup winners cup from a rookie striker 1st side to do so
we went to anfield needing to win by 2 clear goals having not won there in 15 years
95 we were down and out in sampdoria won on penaltys
chased down utd in 98 and 2002
won 5-1 in milan
won at real madrid in 06
won in milan in 08
won on penaltys in roma 09
we used to be famed for our never say die sense of theatre and it fucks me off to see man utd now given the mantle
. if a whole week is spent berating the team on the web it does,nt take long for that frustration to take over when things are,nt going right.
i do know how things work and i have mates for whom the glass is always half empty
does,nt make anyone a lesser supporter just different
i don,t expect to change minds but i just want to put a seed of thought into your head
ignore it if you wish
that is your choice
we all want us to be the best we can be
thats why what that bean counter gazidis said about the champs league was so galling
as a supporter i want us to be up for everything we are in for and as much as i want us competing with the best.
i would rather fail aiming for the stars than chug along calling 4th a trophy.
if we ended up in the europa league i would 100 per cent want to win it
and expect the club to be pulliing there pipe out to get us back in the champs league
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12