Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 18/12/2011

Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 18/12/2011

Postby Dejan » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:16 pm

on Djourou's injury...
It is a groin problem. Usually that is 21 days.

oh dear
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Zedie wrote:
Always_a_gooner wrote:It's good that Chelsea drew lets hope we beat Aston villa on Wednesday and chelski vs spuds ends in a draw

And multiple injuries. :hiding:

To John Terrys ball sack :pray:

:lol:
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gzagee » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:57 pm

Good performance in general although Gervinho and Walcott didn't excel.
I will save my review of PM's fantastic performance for another thread...
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby elkanofan » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:02 pm

Bergkamp64 wrote:Spuds +5 points with a game in hand . Miserable . Anyone know what their immediate fixtures are ?

Hmm they will fall off a bit sooner or later :)
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby golfinguy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:37 am

Yes, Theo and Gerv were poor today. RVP just couldn't get into the game given their poor passing/possession. Ramsey was poor as well, hurt our possession. We just lacked sharpness today and Ramsey, Theo, and Gerv should do a lot of looking in the mirror. I'm not saying they don't deserve to be started, but to play poor in a game this meaningful is unforgivable.

And Arshavin and Chamakh as subs - just rubbish. I agree, give Ox some runs off the bench - perhaps Park too.

Honestly... Dowd did a good job. He stood his ground when City players (and coaches) were screaming for un-deserved second yellows. Allowed advantages to be played. Even made a strong decision not to call that hand ball. I know a hand ball is a hand ball, but if had been us I would have thought it fair so I cannot let my red tinted glasses tell me otherwise.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Swan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:30 am

i guess i don't know what i'm talking about but i don't think we played to our best.. passes/crosses/giving up possession we could have done better...

yes the game opened up and we had our chances but i just think we weren't at our best and we could have won that game if we were.we could have done better

i guess cause i have had plenty to drink but just my 2 cents
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mg86 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:59 am

I for one am very proud of this game, we were right with the top team in the league in every aspect and I honestly was afraid of this fixture earlier in the season.

TRA Dial Square wrote:Apparently Djourou's injured as well??

Gibbs should be ok for Aston Villa I heard.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Est83 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:19 am

Jenkinson was due back last week also.

http://www.arsenal.com/team-news

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby friedslice » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:29 am

thought we played alright and could have taken something from it.
Probably in fact one of the better performances this year - at least we looked like matching the best team in the league.
Djourou is rediculously rubbish and his injury should be a blessing.
I thought Kos was immense today, as too Chesney.

Walcott was abysmal again, Gervinho is getting criticisms yet somehow he managed to look lively and get himself into these positions, whilst theo weny annonymous throughout again - apart from giving away simple passes.
Ramsey was poor again too I thought, his passing was off and he got beaten in most 50/50's that i noticed.
I thought Song shielded the defence well but overall city just had more quality.

As usual we lacked that killer ball or final touch, that's where the lack of world class talent hurts you.
Overall i think we played exactly to our standard, we're a good side about 4th spot standard who can match the big boys but inevitably lacks the talent to cross the line.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby VCC » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:26 am

friedslice wrote:thought we played alright and could have taken something from it.
Probably in fact one of the better performances this year - at least we looked like matching the best team in the league.
Djourou is rediculously rubbish and his injury should be a blessing.
I thought Kos was immense today, as too Chesney.

Walcott was abysmal again, Gervinho is getting criticisms yet somehow he managed to look lively and get himself into these positions, whilst theo weny annonymous throughout again - apart from giving away simple passes.
Ramsey was poor again too I thought, his passing was off and he got beaten in most 50/50's that i noticed.
I thought Song shielded the defence well but overall city just had more quality.

As usual we lacked that killer ball or final touch, that's where the lack of world class talent hurts you.
Overall i think we played exactly to our standard, we're a good side about 4th spot standard who can match the big boys but inevitably lacks the talent to cross the line.

good post :)
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:03 am

CynicalGooner wrote:I don't know how that dirty racist c*** Zabaleta wasn't booked for either of those fouls yet Song was yet again for next to nothing

Come on mate that's well out of line. I hope you were just pissed off at the time and are not always like that.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:06 am

I am not too disappointed after all..This sounds strange after we lost a game to our direct rivals isn't it?

Rather than getting lost in euphemisms an semantics , what i am happy about is the fact that we played as well as we could have with this bunch of players .I don't want to go in to individual player performances in this post cos i have already rated them in the ratings thread . Defensively we were really organized and against a talented strike-force of Man-City , Our midfield and defence held its won . This defeat has given me more positives than several of our comprehensive victories . The way the lads were getting behind the ball , covering each others asses in the midfield and in defence was really heartening to see . Why did we loose the game ? Man-City had Aguero , Balotelli , and Silva and we had only RVP who was tightly marked. Na$ri had a better game than either of our wide players . We matched them in the central midfield and defence but we were put under tremendous pressure by the trickery of the trio . I think this game was a clear example as to where our relative deficiencies are when compared to the top dogs. We have a good enough side now to beat the teams outside the top 2 provided we play to our potential but even our best is not good enough against the likes of City and Manu cos you can only compensate quality to a certain extent by organization and tactics but you simply cannot negate that .

If we had Cesc yesterday , i am afraid we might have got a draw at the very least . Our wide players ran up to the box only to give the ball away cheaply or sky it . It was crystal clear yesterday Arteta and Ramsey can do only type of job and that is the slot alongside Song and neither of them have the sort of creativity to play as an advanced play-maker Behind RVP . RVP was forced to drop deep and create chances for himself . I am afraid we can only go so far with this squad of players and the max we can achieve is a top 3 finish if we play to our potential . There were two areas where Man-city was head and shoulders above us
1] Quality in the final third with Balotelli , Aguero [what a player] , Silva[ Best play-maker in the league atm.
2] The options available on the bench .

If only we had a quality play-maker and a striker on the bench to assist RVP may be we could have nicked a draw but that is a big if which i am sure Wenger will not address in January..
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:06 am

Leody wrote:They've named Na$ri MOTM.... :rofll:

Nasri was my man of the match but Kompany got it on sky. He was brilliant and if people can't see how good he is, they clearly can't see past just hating him.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 18/12/2011

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:15 am

I agree Yorky, he was at the centre of every attack you made.

Gervinho has been a fine replacement thus far :rolleyes:
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:20 am

I thought Scezney was awesome yesterday. I have no idea how Balotelli got to get a shot and right after I had no idea how Scezney saved it.

Kos was lucky to be on the pitch, I can't believe nothing got said on his 'ankle tap' (I don't know what else it could of been called?) :lol:

Arsenal played well yesterday but anyone seems to be able to score past us. Blackburn on Oct1st was our last clean sheet in the league. I know someone said the strikers don't concern them but more the midfield.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12