Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 18/12/2011

Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 18/12/2011

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:24 am

Oh, and to whoever said I was lying (not those words exactly) that I thought Arsenal would win. I put £10 on Arsenal to win (Only got 7/2 it was 4/1 about 30seconds earlier) which I can show you if you really want. I'm skint as f**k as well but I thought it was easy money. :lol:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:24 am

I said at the time, if frimps had done the 'ankle tap' he'd have been slated for his 'inexperience'. Koscielny had a poor game, only walcott and the subs were worse.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:00 am

gervinho and ramsey should be dropped for chambo and rosicky. been saying it since the first post in this thread:

Massa wrote:
Szczesny
Djourou Mertesacker Koscielny Vermaelen
Arteta Song Rosicky
Chamberlain van Persie Walcott
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:02 am

Gervinho > Walcott

ps hey massa i know the last draft didn't work out (i had ofsted in which is why i couldn't help as much) but how about starting a new one over the hols when everyone is around more?
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:17 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Gervinho > Walcott

walcott has had some great games this season and some poor ones. gervinho is just average to shit in basically all of his games. he can't finish to save his f***ing life and he isn't much better at passing the ball either. i'm sure statto will bust out some stats of when he got an assist or made one good pass but as a whole i have not been impressed. plus walcott combines well with the man that is carrying our team atm.

ps hey massa i know the last draft didn't work out (i had ofsted in which is why i couldn't help as much) but how about starting a new one over the hols when everyone is around more?

surely less people are around seeing family, watching the brill christmas telly etc.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Popey » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:27 am

VCC wrote:
friedslice wrote:thought we played alright and could have taken something from it.
Probably in fact one of the better performances this year - at least we looked like matching the best team in the league.
Djourou is rediculously rubbish and his injury should be a blessing.
I thought Kos was immense today
, as too Chesney.

Walcott was abysmal again, Gervinho is getting criticisms yet somehow he managed to look lively and get himself into these positions, whilst theo weny annonymous throughout again - apart from giving away simple passes.
Ramsey was poor again too I thought, his passing was off and he got beaten in most 50/50's that i noticed.
I thought Song shielded the defence well but overall city just had more quality.

As usual we lacked that killer ball or final touch, that's where the lack of world class talent hurts you.
Overall i think we played exactly to our standard, we're a good side about 4th spot standard who can match the big boys but inevitably lacks the talent to cross the line.

good post :)

djourou was a better RB than koscy. koscy was horrible as RB. first half was excellent by koscy but the second half was horrible. I blame him for the second goal. he was not marking super mario at the beginning.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:12 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:I don't know how that dirty racist c*** Zabaleta wasn't booked for either of those fouls yet Song was yet again for next to nothing

Come on mate that's well out of line. I hope you were just pissed off at the time and are not always like that.

You haven't got a leg to stand on with some of the things you say on here. He is a ditry racist c*** anyway, if you don't like that then write him a letter
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:18 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:I said at the time, if frimps had done the 'ankle tap' he'd have been slated for his 'inexperience'. Koscielny had a poor game, only walcott and the subs were worse.

I thought Koscielny had a good first half but a poor second. He balanced on the line between a foul and a good tackle like all good CB's do and won most battles with Silva/Aguero

Lucky to stay on the pitch? sorry are we talking about every game Kompany ever plays? Or just Kolo yesterday?
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:24 pm

Massa wrote:
walcott has had some great games this season and some poor ones. gervinho is just average to shit in basically all of his games. he can't finish to save his f***ing life and he isn't much better at passing the ball either. i'm sure statto will bust out some stats of when he got an assist or made one good pass but as a whole i have not been impressed. plus walcott combines well with the man that is carrying our team atm.

Absolutely nailed it .couldn't have put it better myself :smash: .

Walcott is quick , can score goals and produce a shot from nowhere like we saw yesterday , which nearly went in . RVP himself has acknowledged Walcott's contribution on the pitch by lifting Walcott up for his assist and on several occasions in his interviews . ATM nobody i mean nobody has forged an understanding with RVP the way Walcott has
in our team . Now if you bring AOC in the picture things get slightly interesting . ATM Walcott deserves to be ahead
of AOC but AOC if given a regular starting spot can give Walcott and Gervinho some interesting headaches..
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:25 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:I don't know how that dirty racist c*** Zabaleta wasn't booked for either of those fouls yet Song was yet again for next to nothing

Come on mate that's well out of line. I hope you were just pissed off at the time and are not always like that.

You haven't got a leg to stand on with some of the things you say on here. He is a ditry racist c*** anyway, if you don't like that then write him a letter

I don't get what makes you think that.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:12 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:I said at the time, if frimps had done the 'ankle tap' he'd have been slated for his 'inexperience'. Koscielny had a poor game, only walcott and the subs were worse.

I thought Koscielny had a good first half but a poor second. He balanced on the line between a foul and a good tackle like all good CB's do and won most battles with Silva/Aguero

Lucky to stay on the pitch? sorry are we talking about every game Kompany ever plays? Or just Kolo yesterday?

Kompany has been the best CB in the premiership this season imo. We should have signed him years ago!!!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Bristol_Gunner wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:If anything this result shows we are NOT that far away, we went toe to toe with a near full strength City side and could have won it.

We DO need to spend in January however, if we bought a striker and a midfielder i reckon we would be laughing.

Agree 100%. I do despair when Shava comes on and would rather AOC comes on instead. Also as echoed by many Gooners we need more from the bench. It was unfortunate that City capitalized on a defensive mistake to score but we have good fixtures over Christmas. Also every other team will drop points we just have to make sure we capitalize.

On wards and up wards gooners, keep the faith.

Me x3...we have a bit of an echo going on here!
WTF wasnt Ox on the bench? i know its sounds a bit pathetic relying on a kid to save the day but at least he works a damn sight harder than Shava or chamakh do, i wont repeat the words i said at the time as either player came on but i grant you it wasnt very complimentry!

Anyhooow...as much as i love Rambo, (ya know its got nothing at all to do with his Welshness) he is starting to really grind on me with the showboating, needs to go back to basics.
Cant believe we didnt get at least 1 pen, i mean wtf!??? Is Dowd becoming to city what webb is to utd?? :naughty:

Thought we deserved at least a point from the game although prior to KO i thought we were going to get a good thrashing, still not going to dwell on it, just get the points back on our manor in April. Just hoe that by then the race aint over.

oh and that goal of theirs had more jam than bloody Hartleys! damn unlucky. :shifty:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:49 pm

I agree SGW, either of those peno shouts would have gone our way on another day and let's be honest, 7 or 8 times out of 10 that handball is a penalty. I don't think Dowd had a terrible game like he has done in the past but he got a couple big decisions wrong

Yorkyblue wrote:I don't get what makes you think that.

You should. He's a dirty player and clearly said something racist to Sagna last season. we had it out then as well

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Kompany has been the best CB in the premiership this season imo. We should have signed him years ago!!!

Yes he is a very good defender no doubt, probably top 3 in the league but he rides on the ragged edge more often than not and gets away with murder, a lot like Vidic. Every time I see him I'm amazed he isn't sent off more often. He's like a less violent version of Pepe, except Pepe actually gets sent off when he deserves to
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:34 pm

Leody wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Leody wrote:
Zedie wrote:There is literally nothing coming from the bench to give us an extra injection....

Exactly.

Who off the bench is really going to put any fear into an opponent? Maybe Benayoun?

I was utterly baffled that Wenger threw on Arshavin when we needed something... as bad as Walcott was today, I'd prefer him over Arshavin any day, might as well have kept him on
what I don't get is why Wenger persists with the fat Russian when he's been categorically and consistantly shit every time he's played for the best part of a year now

Still for the life of me cannot figure out why Wenger constantly plays Chamakh. He's done absolutely NOTHING while on the pitch all year. Never even looks threatening, let alone changing anything. Has he even had a single touch this year that has been memorable?

scored at blackburn
chested the ball down for benyoun to score olympiacos[a]
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:46 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Oh, and to whoever said I was lying (not those words exactly) that I thought Arsenal would win. I put £10 on Arsenal to win (Only got 7/2 it was 4/1 about 30seconds earlier) which I can show you if you really want. I'm skint as f**k as well but I thought it was easy money. :lol:

the old can,t lose bet mate[unless its a draw]
never done it myself
no amount of monetary reward could make up for a defeat.
i have a great memory of all arsenal games but i have forgotten every pound that crossed my palm
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12