Arsenal Vs Everton| Premiership 10/12/2011

Arsenal Vs Everton| Premiership 10/12/2011

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:00 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Personally I thought we would have been a lot better in defence had Djourou and Koscielny swapped roles.

Having said that, Koscielny is not human, the strength and leap on him is f***ing unreal, shoot me down but I think he dwarfs Vermaelen in that department.

Our unsung hero this season by far.

Hardly unsung, everyone has been bigging him up all season. Also he is nowhere near TV in any department IMO.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Re: Arsenal Vs Everton| Premiership 10/12/2011

Postby matt the toffee » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:38 pm

Leody wrote:
matt the toffee wrote:
Leody wrote:I really thought this was going to be another one of those days where we throw away too many chances and it ends up biting us in the ass. Defense played very well today though, didn't allow Everton much of a chance.

Not the most overwhelming performance, but it's sure nice to see the defense play like that. :thumbsup:

not sure you can celebrate the defensive display when we didnt attack! No disrespect to you guys but if your back 4 might as well have setup a campfire and told stories over toasted marshmellows, because they had sod else all to do!

I know what you mean, but it really can be looked at either way. You guys didn't attack, or we didn't allow you to... half dozen of one 6 of another.

Playing with 4 center halves, I thought for sure we'd look disorganized or do something stupid. We always seem to even with people playing in position.

based on whats been going on recently its been cause we didnt attack. Long ball, cleared, defend. Been our tactic for far too long - we lack ideas and we did even with Mikky. We desperately need a change.
matt the toffee
Liam Brady

Re: Re: Arsenal Vs Everton| Premiership 10/12/2011

Postby Leody » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:56 pm

matt the toffee wrote:
Leody wrote:
matt the toffee wrote:
Leody wrote:I really thought this was going to be another one of those days where we throw away too many chances and it ends up biting us in the ass. Defense played very well today though, didn't allow Everton much of a chance.

Not the most overwhelming performance, but it's sure nice to see the defense play like that. :thumbsup:

not sure you can celebrate the defensive display when we didnt attack! No disrespect to you guys but if your back 4 might as well have setup a campfire and told stories over toasted marshmellows, because they had sod else all to do!

I know what you mean, but it really can be looked at either way. You guys didn't attack, or we didn't allow you to... half dozen of one 6 of another.

Playing with 4 center halves, I thought for sure we'd look disorganized or do something stupid. We always seem to even with people playing in position.

based on whats been going on recently its been cause we didnt attack. Long ball, cleared, defend. Been our tactic for far too long - we lack ideas and we did even with Mikky. We desperately need a change.

To be fair, that's been the way to beat us over the last few years. Pack the box, we'll struggle to score. Hoof a longball and out CB will cock it up.

Boom, 1-0 done and dusted.

Thank god RVP's been banging in the goals left right and center. Because right now, I think we'd really struggle to score without him. Nobody else has looked even mildly impressive in front of goal for us so far this season. And RVP has seemed to find a goal from somewhere every match even when not playing well.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby AvA » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:03 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Personally I thought we would have been a lot better in defence had Djourou and Koscielny swapped roles.

Having said that, Koscielny is not human, the strength and leap on him is f***ing unreal, shoot me down but I think he dwarfs Vermaelen in that department.

Our unsung hero this season by far.

vermy has to be up there for best leap in the prem
AvA
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby matt the toffee » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:07 pm

1-0 would imply that we could get a shot on target though!
matt the toffee
Liam Brady

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:24 am

Very frustrating game to watch, especially in the first half.
Some of our decisions in the final third were absolutely woeful. Theo was poor as were a few others.

Still, we're on a great run, another clean sheet with a makeshift back four and 3 very valuable points on the board.
World class finish from the van man and now we're back in the top four where we belong.

Happy birthday The Arsenal.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:37 am

Lets hope the rest of the weekends results go our way....
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Swan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:30 am

haha.. it is a spectacular left foot..
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12